IGNORED

January

Ska Junkie

We've been told there will probably be a couple of new faces in January. For discussions sake, let's say 3 new players.

Where are people thinking we need to strengthen given Ross McC should be back as will Nahki and big Rob.

Creative player for me is essential plus possibly a different forward option, a left footed Sykes? keeper?

What do you think we need?

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

We've been told there will probably be a couple of new faces in January. For discussions sake, let's say 3 new players.

Where are people thinking we need to strengthen given Ross McC should be back as will Nahki and big Rob.

Creative player for me is essential plus possibly a different forward option, a left footed Sykes? keeper?

What do you think we need?

Genuine competition for Max, left sided midfield player and a forward in an ideal world. Plus McCrorie, Wells, Naismith and Atkinson all fit and firing.

• Like 2

If we just say hypothetically we can get some additions in January, I would like to see a replacement for Scott, obviously we wont get someone of his calibre, but just meaning a creative, positive, driving midfielder. Also, not 100% convinced on Max, and finally a striker?

8 minutes ago, Kibs said:

My opinion - It was for NP, it’s not for LM. Like it or not, I bet that’s the case. 

Mine too.

If you don’t want to give it to a manager, sack him.  Don’t wait until Oct / Nov when you do sack him and leave your new man with a dozen or so games to navigate with a thin squad.

Phil Alexander’s SOTC interview was the nail in Nige’s coffin for me.  Pretty sure I said to @headhunter not long after that I didn’t think Nige would make it through the next international break.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ideal word. Goal scorer and goalkeeper. If Max gets injured we are in deep shit. I can’t believe our position with the keepers . 

I think there's a good chance we qualify for an emergency loan if Max is out - don't think that makes it Ok, but it will be in mind. Tough to get a quality GK mid season. 

1 minute ago, BCFC Rich said:

I think there's a good chance we qualify for an emergency loan if Max is out - don't think that makes it Ok, but it will be in mind. Tough to get a quality GK mid season. 

No, both Stefan Bajic and Lewis Thomas both count as “professional standing” (or whatever it’s called).

Although Thomas only contract until January.

• Thanks 2

Weimann needs to go but accept likely and unfortunately not until he is OOC.

Bell is not championship standard IMO and needs a loan to a league one club to learn and improve his trade before coming back if he’s ever good enough to.

Conway could become good and is a good finisher but certainly needs to improve his decision making and composure. Not a starter for me or at least needs to play up top with a second striker.

williams, regardless of what others think imo is not good enough. Doesn’t pass the eye test and certainly requires an upgrade to someone that can pass the ball effectively and isn’t so injury prone. Unfortunately, will likely have to wait for his contract to end to move him on.

what is clear is we need a finisher and a focal point up front to hold the ball. Whether that is one or two forwards who knows. Would love to see Daniel Jebbison here as he is quick, has presence and is a finisher. A bit of everything with a bit of star quality about him.

We are desperate for an out and out striker. Where we get one from in January at a price that won't be bonkers remains to be seen but what we have at the moment isn't good enough. Nahki is 33 and coming back from an injury lay off. Tommy Conway is coming along nicely but needs help up top while the remainder of our foward line are played on the flanks,

A simple look at the stats says it all. Our goals against is only bettered by Leicester, Leeds and West Brom. Our Goals For is only better than the bottom 6 teams.