IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

Just now, petehinton said:

Sorta standard stuff under manning so far. We play lovely stuff but, really, create **** all. 

That’s where I’m an outlier. It’s not lovely if it doesn’t achieve anything. Otherwise it’s just simple ball retention and that’s all I’m seeing; ball retention in non-dangerous areas. If I was opposition manager my tactic would be ‘let them **** around with the ball’ 

6 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Long ball football, very progressive tactics by the new head coach....

We're away from home on a midweek night.

Having run our asses off just 3 days ago. Away from home.

We have a new coach.

We have players with heads full of new ideas, conflicting with what they've been instinctively doing for the last 2 years.

So we aren't going to play like Real Madrid tonight.

If we come home with a point, irrespective of the performance, then it's job done.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, INCRED said:

Marking non existent, strolled into space, no one within 5 yards and slots in 

I keep saying it and keep getting accused of being unfair on Vyner but, his positioning left him off the pace there again. I just don't think Vyner can keep up with this higher pace style of defending that we're trying to play, his reading of the game isn't good enough. He almost got caught out with a long ball earlier on again for the same reason.

Just now, Spike said:

I keep saying it and keep getting accused of being unfair on Vyner but, his positioning left him off the pace there again. I just don't think Vyner can keep up with this higher pace style of defending that we're trying to play, his reading of the game isn't good enough. He almost got caught out with a long ball earlier on again for the same reason.

I’ve maintained all season I would drop him for Atkinson as soon as he’s fully fit

• Like 3