IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

Just now, Kibs said:

I thought it was interesting position to take. To be fair, there were occasions Nige only selected 8 subs, and there are 3 very young players on the bench so it’s not as though they aren’t getting a sniff.

Aside from the fact that 9 subs is ridiculous, or am I just old fashioned 😁

I agree tbh. You shouldn't really need nine subs. 5 or 5 plus a Keeper should be plenty.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I remember him saying that but would disagree on the grounds that even if the academy player wasn’t going to be used they would benefit from being involved in the matchday set up - it’s good experience for a young player especially if it’s an away fixture.

SC had a similar attitude towards younger players - that didn’t end well………

The difference being, I don’t think there were 9 sub spots when Cotterill was in charge. 

2 hours ago, Sturny said:

Szmodics on 14 goals this season already jesus christ

Yep, nothing wrong with our "talent identification" on that one, whoever was responsible - Johnson? Ashton? Some bloke with a laptop?

We found a talented lower league player, with huge potential for growth, who could play at this level.

Instead we played Kasey Palmer 🤣

No hang on. Instead we paid Kasey Palmer.... and still didn't play Sammy Colchester.

But we got it right in identifying him. What happened after that is probably down to.... who knows? Johnson? Ashton? Definitely not the bloke with the laptop.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but perhaps we bought him before he was quite ready?

Blackburn, on the other hand, appear to have hit the sweet spot and signed him at just the right moment.

Good player then, better player now. He's not doing anything different to what he was doing at Colchester and what caught our attention in the first place - a skillful attacking midfielder with a canny eye for goal.

Oh to have him back. He'd improve our attack 10 fold.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 3