IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

1 hour ago, redkev said:

I can remember a few Blackburn fans saying after that Scott was by far the better player on the day , like you say Dave I think they look at him as there version of Scott but we’re very honest with there assessment after that Scott was a fair bit ahead of Wharton

They did indeed. I like looking at our opposition + their forums and they are one of the few sets of opposition fans who seem to acknowledge + evaluate how the opponents play - rather than the more typical "we were shit" or "they were lucky" if they lose, and "we battered then" if they win.   

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Blackburn are more of a possession albeit open and attacking side than us or have been doing it for longer anyway, tbh albeit under new management ie us that may change.

A number of their games have also had red cards too for and against so it can make it a bit tricky to judge.

Red card for them v Hull, and v Norwich, Red Card for their opponent v Rotherham.

https://fbref.com/en/squads/e090f40b/Blackburn-Rovers-Stats

Image.thumb.jpeg.e2ed5c361e09ec518d66bb98f115194b.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Scott is a year older though, which is a factor albeit I think he is superior to Wharton.

6 months older! 😉

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Image.thumb.jpeg.e2ed5c361e09ec518d66bb98f115194b.jpeg

6 months older! 😉

I've been using more basic data, chances created, shots for and against, possession so will have a look. It wouldnt surprise me if they have more of the ball but control can come in different ways too.

Ah I guess Sofascore was wrong, or said Wharton born June 2004. Other sites did say February tbh.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've been using more basic data, chances created, shots for and against, possession so will have a look. It wouldnt surprise me if they have more of the ball but control can come in different ways too.

Ah I guess Sofasfore was wrong, or said Wharton born June 2004. Other sites did say February tbh.

I wasn’t disagreeing, just adding to convo.

Set-pieces could be a nice little route for us tonight!

• Like 1
On 11/12/2023 at 18:42, FForbes said:

Good to see it's available on Robins TV - but I'm not sure that Naismith & Wells need to be in the studio from 2.30pm - the usual official website accuracy !

Lets hope they remember to switch the audio on before the game kicks off and not almost half way through, as on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I wonder if TGH has expressed a desire not to become a permanent move or something? It just makes no sense that he's not one of the first names on the sheet.

He’s made it very clear he’s very happy to be here.

If there’s anything in this it is far more likely to be Manning than TGH.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Spike said:

I wonder if TGH has expressed a desire not to become a permanent move or something? It just makes no sense that he's not one of the first names on the sheet.

As a forums a place for rampant speculation I was wondering similar. Hes now been benched 3/6 games under Manning - was our best player in the game immediately before the appointment, was MOM vs Boro and did fine in his other two starts. Is also an accomplished ball retainer and can create so you’d think Manning would think of him as his type of player.

I wonder whether Manning has earmarked the funds for elsewhere. I would, however, be hard pressed to think we’d get a better profile signing age and experience wise than TGH. I’d be very disappointed if he wasn’t made permanent but the more he’s benched the less the chances of that - hopefully it’s just a case of Williams did better than LM anticipated and deserved to keep the shirt (but not sure TGH deserved to lose it by the same token!)

• Like 6