IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

As a forums a place for rampant speculation I was wondering similar. Hes now been benched 3/6 games under Manning - was our best player in the game immediately before the appointment, was MOM vs Boro and did fine in his other two starts. Is also an accomplished ball retainer and can create so you’d think Manning would think of him as his type of player.

I wonder whether Manning has earmarked the funds for elsewhere. I would, however, be hard pressed to think we’d get a better profile signing age and experience wise than TGH. I’d be very disappointed if he wasn’t made permanent but the more he’s benched the less the chances of that - hopefully it’s just a case of Williams did better than LM anticipated and deserved to keep the shirt (but not sure TGH deserved to lose it by the same token!)

Kinda goes against what he said about rotation doesn’t it?

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s made it very clear he’s very happy to be here.

If there’s anything in this it is far more likely to be Manning than TGH.

See this is the thing, players always say these kinds of things when everything is going well but if Manning has said he doesn't rate him, doesn't see him working in his tactics etc, anything along these lines that would be enough to make a player think "well, I need to find somewhere else". I'm not saying that is what has happened but it's just difficult to see why he'd be left out when he's easily good enough to start every game and can play a multitude of positions. I personally would have him on the teamsheet ahead of Weimann and Williams. I know Manning seems to be "Mr tactics" so maybe he's just over-tinkering but it seems crazy to leave out one of the best passers of the ball we have in a team that is playing a possession game.

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

As a forums a place for rampant speculation I was wondering similar. Hes now been benched 3/6 games under Manning - was our best player in the game immediately before the appointment, was MOM vs Boro and did fine in his other two starts. Is also an accomplished ball retainer and can create so you’d think Manning would think of him as his type of player.

I wonder whether Manning has earmarked the funds for elsewhere. I would, however, be hard pressed to think we’d get a better profile signing age and experience wise than TGH. I’d be very disappointed if he wasn’t made permanent but the more he’s benched the less the chances of that - hopefully it’s just a case of Williams did better than LM anticipated and deserved to keep the shirt (but not sure TGH deserved to lose it by the same token!)

I mean it is all as we all know speculation but it does seem crazy to leave out one of the best passers of the ball with so much potential to create funds for a player who may not come in and perform when you already have a player who does.

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Why , because he’s not starting every game ? If he wasn’t getting in the squad then yes . Not just because he’s on the bench 

We don’t have the numbers to leave anyone who is fit out of the squad, the bench hasn’t been filled once yet under Manning & 3 of the outfield subs (Knight-Lebel, Yeboah & Meerholz) appear to me to be on it with virtually no prospect of getting on but to make it look less embarrassing.

I would not be surprised if Manning is thinking he could make better use of the £1.3m we have earmarked for TGH.

23 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, I do, as witnessed by my earlier post.

I feel good, I feel bad.

I feel happy, I feel sad.

Am I in love?

Ah, it sounded more like The Beatles than The Beatles ever did.

Sorry, my poor attempt at humour…. I thought that was one of the things the tv reporter used to say.  Maybe I got it wrong.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We don’t have the numbers to leave anyone who is fit out of the squad, the bench hasn’t been filled once yet under Manning & 3 of the outfield subs (Knight-Lebel, Yeboah & Meerholz) appear to me to be on it with virtually no prospect of getting on but to make it look less embarrassing.

I would not be surprised if Manning is thinking he could make better use of the £1.3m we have earmarked for TGH.

Cotterill left the bench half empty to make a point (that ended well), Pearson would always fill the bench no matter what, and a number of the young lads benefitted with minutes, and now we are back to a Manager leaving it half empty. Wonder if he's sending a message to Jon and Sid?

Can't work out the formation from tonights selection at all.  It could be almost anything.  At least with that team it will be adaptable.

Liam Manning needs a decent result tonight otherwise his success record is going to look pretty dodgy.

Fingers crossed and hope we can have a good go at them and come home with a point or three (I guess most of us would be satisfied with a point.

Caterers are readying the players half time cocoa as I write.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Image.thumb.jpeg.14efba405983cf0d3d1ac18f88cbd12f.jpeg

Matching up I guess?

Is that gonna be a theme?

James will need to be careful with Szmodics running from the pocket.

Big test…feels like we need to return home with something.

Go well Reds (Yellows)

I think I read on Bristol Live that LM likes to match up teams.

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Can't work out the formation from tonights selection at all.  It could be almost anything.  At least with that team it will be adaptable.

Liam Manning needs a decent result tonight otherwise his success record is going to look pretty dodgy.

Fingers crossed and hope we can have a good go at them and come home with a point or three (I guess most of us would be satisfied with a point.

Caterers are readying the players half time cocoa as I write.

It will be a back four out of possession and a back three in possession I expect 

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

So after 5 weeks of meddling with players in different positions and going to 3 at the back we are back to a formation 4-2-3-1 that was the cornerstone of our selections from the ten months previously. Be interesting what all the anti Pearson brigade make of it , if we win.

Disagree with this. We don’t play one formation anymore 

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Cotterill left the bench half empty to make a point (that ended well), Pearson would always fill the bench no matter what, and a number of the young lads benefitted with minutes, and now we are back to a Manager leaving it half empty. Wonder if he's sending a message to Jon and Sid?

Cardiff aside Pearson always did & included loads of youngsters.

I’m not sure about Manning is sending a message bit, he’s been saying since day one that we run on small numbers & with 5 senior players out injured he clearly doesn’t think anyone else is good enough to be involved.

Obvious we need a couple in January & several back from injury, we can’t keep running on 15.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
Just now, Davefevs said:

Image.thumb.jpeg.14efba405983cf0d3d1ac18f88cbd12f.jpeg

Matching up I guess?

Is that gonna be a theme?

James will need to be careful with Szmodics running from the pocket.

Big test…feels like we need to return home with something.

If we are serious about competing top half then tonight is the type of game where we should be looking to or at least looking like we have it in us to come away with SOMETHING. If we are serious about competing "top end" then it's an absolute necessity and tbh that something would probably need to be three points not one given the draw on Saturday.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Cardiff aside Pearson always did & included loads of youngsters.

I’m not sure about Manning is sending a message bit, he’s been saying since day one that we run on small numbers & we 5 senior players out injured clearly doesn’t think anyone else is good enough to be involved.

Obvious we need a couple in January & several back from injury, we can’t keep running on 15.

I find that bit interesting because a Manager who has experience of managing far better players than Liam Manning has ever been near (to date), was happy to put these "not good enough" lads on the bench. You would think if anyone was going to play the "not good enough" card it would have been Nige as his quality bar is way higher over his career.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

How many are we allowed? We have 8. I think it’s 9.  What school did you got too?