IGNORED

A message to the fanbase

Sheltons Army

You’re not making an unreasonable point, but better made once the anger has died down.

No amount of protesting will bring NP back, and I suspect he would not want to.

I think that LM is out of his depth and needs some support either from the fan base or a trusted contact. Maybe he’ll learn from the adversity and be a better manager in the long term.

he does sound a bit broken tonight.

Unless he’s not human he absolutely must be feeling the heat and pressure and the vibe

Hes been put in a ridiculous situation and look at his support network 

Crayon Boy , Tinnion , who visibly wobbles at the slightest bit of pressure and the bearded bloke in the suit

Jesus Wept - Good luck Liam

I can absolutely sense the fireball growing and I understand what you say about giving time , but I sense , as fans , we could accelerate it very very quickly , I sense starting Saturday , and to our cost.

Lansdown will keep his head down , Tinnion will wobble and do likewise , none of them are going anywhere - and the only ones really affected are Manning and the players and if it affects performances, which it will , us

Of course every individual has that choice , but as fans it’s definitely worth thinking about before Saturday 

• Like 2

I'm in the Heineken with the suits on Saturday, should be an interesting time if it goes pear shaped v Sunderland. 😞

COYR, well the team and coaches anyway. This isn't LM's fault tbh, what happened before he arrived was awfully handled but not down to LM.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I get what you are saying, but you are p*ssing in the wind. The fan base is furious with Nige's unjust sacking and the poor results and dive towards the relegation spots that has happened since. A defeat on Saturday and the stadium will erupt that is for certain.

Im totally with you , and it’s probably the angriest I’ve sensed amongst a lot of us

But , but , but

All I’m saying is if that happens , and I guess I know I’m p****g in the wind , but we are ultimately going to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I think they should be reminded at every opportunity of what they did and how they did it , but away from those 90 odd mins at the bare minimum 

I can see the fans having a major influence on any unfolding , to , ultimately our own significant cost.

Tbf it’s a individual choice but I’d hope a few would at least think it through

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Im totally with you , and it’s probably the angriest I’ve sensed amongst a lot of us

But , but , but

All I’m saying is if that happens , and I guess I know I’m p****g in the wind , but we are ultimately going to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I think they should be reminded at every opportunity of what they did and how they did it , but away from those 90 odd mins at the bare minimum 

I can see the fans having a major influence on any unfolding , to , ultimately our own significant cost.

Hear hear. Get behind the lads, not their fault for all this and desperately need our support

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

But , but , but

I’m pretty sure there are thousands of fans who are so angry it’s already gone way past rational and considered support . It will kick off massively on Saturday if it goes badly and I wouldn’t be shocked to see Manning walk over the next couple of weeks . Not his fault ( entirely) but he should not be there. Much like the Chairman , he’s not qualified or experienced enough . 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I think that will fall on deaf ears. Saturday will be my first City game for over a year. I should be buzzing, but honestly I’m dreading it. There will be very little positive support for the team, just everyone waiting for us to slip up so they can vent their frustration.

Edited by Wanderingred

32 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I’m pretty sure there are thousands of fans who are so angry it’s already gone way past rational and considered support . It will kick off massively on Saturday if it goes badly and I wouldn’t be shocked to see Manning walk over the next couple of weeks . Not his fault ( entirely) but he should not be there. Much like the Chairman , he’s not qualified or experienced enough . 

To be fair there are losses and there are losses.

If we play our hearts out, battle, keep playing, keep trying and last minute unlucky deflection, wonder goal or dodgy decision or even If we battle with a harsh red card and lose 1-0 late on as the dam bursts the reaction may not be all that bad.

If we subside, we start slowly, are sloppy and lose convincingly then yeah it could go up.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

The fan base didn’t sign up to a mid season rebuild and a wasted season at best (hope you’re pleased with that, ST holders) or an avoidable relegation battle at worst. It will be very difficult to turn that around.

Again I totally agree , and with everyone who has posted but even as I read the forum tonight

Its absolutely clear to me that how fans choose to react from here on In , May well tip the balance , in terms of what happens right now , this season

I think player / team wise and still enough signs that we have enough to stay out of trouble

But I think right now the overall situation is fragile

I think the fans actually have our fate in their hands , or the vote that potentially tips the balance 

As fans keeping the toxicity away from players and performances could be vital 

Would fans feel actually any satisfaction if they’d helped push our Club into League one but at least , had let Crayon Boy or whoever what they thought each game 

I really don’t believe so

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

You’re not making an unreasonable point, but better made once the anger has died down.

No amount of protesting will bring NP back, and I suspect he would not want to.

I think that LM is out of his depth and needs some support either from the fan base or a trusted contact. Maybe he’ll learn from the adversity and be a better manager in the long term.

he does sound a bit broken tonight.

The way were going he might need colin in for some advice how to keep teams up .

• Like 2

I am and still a huge Nige fan, however Manning and the team has my full support as they are not to blame for the anger and frustration we all have.

The Lansdown's and Tinnion, plus others who have overseen this shit show have everything they deserve in my opinion. I do fear for us if we don't start well Saturday.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I am and still a huge Nige fan, however Manning and the team has my full support as they are not to blame for the anger and frustration we all have.

The Lansdown's and Tinnion, plus others who have overseen this shit show have everything they deserve in my opinion. I do fear for us if we don't start well Saturday.

I worry that LM doesn’t really have ‘a team’ per se. Lord knows how many combined appearances Nige, Curtis, and Jason had between them. Gnarly old pros the lot of them, a lot of footballing knowledge and nous and battle hardened scars. Not to mention the expertise of Dave R as well.

When the new gaffer looks around for seasoned support, which he will deffo need after nights like tonight, where on earth is it coming from?! I feel sorry for the dude, what has he let himself in for, I hope the move here wasn’t driven by his ego. We are all entitled to take unwise decisions in life. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Again I totally agree , and with everyone who has posted but even as I read the forum tonight

Its absolutely clear to me that how fans choose to react from here on In , May well tip the balance , in terms of what happens right now , this season

I think player / team wise and still enough signs that we have enough to stay out of trouble

But I think right now the overall situation is fragile

I think the fans actually have our fate in their hands , or the vote that potentially tips the balance 

As fans keeping the toxicity away from players and performances could be vital 

Would fans feel actually any satisfaction if they’d helped push our Club into League one but at least , had let Crayon Boy or whoever what they thought each game 

I really don’t believe so

I don't think its fair to have the Championship status of the club placed at the door of the fans.

Whether pro, anti or meh Pearson, the fans have been in the main very supportive, if somewhat placid, and that's down to the sterile stadium "vibe" and what's on offer on the pitch.

Lansdown, Tinnion and to a lesser extent Manning expect that to continue regardless of results because that makes like easier for them, and I don't subscribe to the "poor Liam" position, because I fully believe anyone taking his role would do full due dilligence, so tough tits if the squad isn't able to grasp your message it's what you're paid very well to manage.

The players may or may not like the new way of playing but they are pros and will do their best - whether that is good enough remains to be seen, but even the younger ones will know that bad outcomes result in negative fan reactions, which are seen every week worldwide.

I doubt the players will get a rough ride, but the fans should not be expected to act like lemmings as they didn't sign up for this.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I don't think its fair to have the Championship status of the club placed at the door of the fans.

Whether pro, anti or meh Pearson, the fans have been in the main very supportive, if somewhat placid, and that's down to the sterile stadium "vibe" and what's on offer on the pitch.

Lansdown, Tinnion and to a lesser extent Manning expect that to continue regardless of results because that makes like easier for them, and I don't subscribe to the "poor Liam" position, because I fully believe anyone taking his role would do full due dilligence, so tough tits if the squad isn't able to grasp your message it's what you're paid very well to manage.

The players may or may not like the new way of playing but they are pros and will do their best - whether that is good enough remains to be seen, but even the younger ones will know that bad outcomes result in negative fan reactions, which are seen every week worldwide.

I doubt the players will get a rough ride, but the fans should not be expected to act like lemmings as they didn't sign up for this.

I don’t either. I mean, the fans voiced their opinion about NIge being sacked and the club (allegedly) tried to manipulate that swell of opposition in the media with ‘bots’. The club lied and gaslighted the fans, treating them like overreacting children. They have no respect for the fans whatsoever. So what kind of effect are the fans going to have on the club at AG on Saturday? JL and co are going to call out the fans for being mean to LM? Ohh please!

I know it’s not LM’s fault but putting it all on the fans seems unfair. If there is a swell of anger or whatever it needs to be expressed towards the board, otherwise it will just lead to apathy etc. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

Lose Saturday and it’s 5 points out of 21, another defeat after that and the blokes job is on the line already. For me though it’s Sid who needs to walk. He told us that a specific style of football was sought but even when Manning turns this round (hopefully), we won’t be playing that style of football😂. Sid is not fit for purpose in the position he holds and must go. Director de Tecknique my arse……

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

7 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I get what you are saying, but you are p*ssing in the wind. The fan base is furious with Nige's unjust sacking and the poor results and dive towards the relegation spots that has happened since. A defeat on Saturday and the stadium will erupt that is for certain.

Completely agree. 

The OP makes a reasonable point but if we play badly and draw or lose it will absolutely get toxic. It did at 2 - 2 against Boro and we’ve lost 3 times and drawn since then.

As before though I don’t think it will be aimed at Manning or the players. 

Conversely if we play well but narrowly lose or draw/win it should be OK. 

6 hours ago, 2015 said:

It's about time our fans vocally voiced their anger towards the hierarchy of this club.

Will never happen. People blindly follow this club. Talk of the stadium erupting Saturday if a poor result happens is wishful thinking. You’ll hear a few moans and groans and that will be that. 

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

I walked away from the club when LJ was put in charge, 45 years of home and away travel.

i don’t regret it for a moment, the club couldn’t care less about the support they get, it’s all about the control those at the top have/want.

Obviously I still read the forum, I see how angry and frustrated everyone is, well, you have a choice, stop going like I did, you will start enjoying your football again.

There is plenty of football out there to watch and enjoy, I can vouch for that. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 4

Just now, Jose said:

Will never happen. People blindly follow this club. Talk of the stadium erupting Saturday if a poor result happens is wishful thinking. You’ll hear a few moans and groans and that will be that. 

Spot on, all bluster by angry people. Will be like a ******* morgue down there again on Saturday. More likely to hear Tins, what a Legend or Jon, lovely HPC you’ve built for us. History proves it.

Toxic, in Bristol😂

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

@Natchfever and @exAtyeoMax, I’m with you.

I get what @Sheltons Army is saying, and I don’t think any of us want it to go toxic on Saturday, but I think it has to come from the players. And the players have to get it from the head coach.

Of course it can work the other way around, but I don’t sense that will be the way it works this weekend.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

If you care about our football Club , I think this is actually important , and time critical

I am and was a massive Nigel Pearson fan , and will always be appreciative of IMHO a magnificent job he did here when we needed it most

When he was dismissed in a cowardly way without a drop of recognition or appreciation , I thought there couldn’t be anyone angrier or more disgusted than I was , but there are many who are clearly as angry,  if not angrier - I’m actually quite shocked at the level and how widespread.

So like most , I got to a point where I couldn’t really care who they appointed , and I have to say I wasn’t wowed by their choice, and aim still have some major worries about the outcome , and one of them I have to say is the support and quality help around Liam Manning (As in the hierarchy and whole Club set up) , as much as Manning himself 

As a young coach , and pretty young man , Manning has been put under ridiculous pressure by their embarrassing interviews and the way they sacked Pearson

I said early that early results were vital for him to give himself some breathing space and take some heat off , whilst he tried to implement his ethos 

The results don’t look great and it’s not difficult to sense that if we were to go behind on Saturday then it will become very toxic , and however strong or self assured he might be , it’s going to be a very difficult and extremely testing time for Manning , and unless he has b**s of steel and nerves likewise , there is a real danger the heat will affect him , his beliefs , confidence , and the whole thing could go horribly wrong.

I have real fears about Saturday , and the forthcoming games and the influence supporters could have on what happens here , in terms of our season , and not in a good way.

This is surely a time , the very time , to keep any deep lying anger or negativity in a bag

Forget Lansdown , Tinnion , Manning , ......We need a few results , ultimately for us , you , me and every other red 

We could really shoot ourselves in the foot here , (I know many will say Lansdown and Tinnion have already done that)

Its not a call to arms , and roaring support , much more that a case of keeping anger away from match day

It’s not a dig at anyone or any assembly of posters , whose anger and p**** off levels I can fully understand

They aren’t going to be balling out on Liam Manning anytime soon so we have a choice .

We don’t have a choice of Head Coach but we do have a chance to turn toxic extreme , get behind as much as we can , but more importantly , bite the bullet on any anger and toxicity , although totally understandable , it’s ultimately going to backfire on us.

Time to take a deep breath on match days at least fellow reds  👍🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻🔴⚪🔴

fwiw - I can see some positives , with some negatives , but that’s for another time

One things for sure if we have any chance under LM and to avoid any slide down the table we are asking a near impossible if the heat and toxicity increase.

After NP dug us out of an almighty hole , and a slide towards League One (God help us) it would be crazy if we , particularly the throngs us Nigel Pearson fans , actually contributed towards a fall

it would also help the whole thing if the obvious vocal Pro Manning supporters calmed down and stopped setting out to over egg LM and antagonise.

LM will prove himself , or otherwise  and fair play he’s going to need that steel 

🔴⚪🔴 COYR 🔴⚪🔴

I wouldn't worry too much. It will be like a vicarage tea party down there on Saturday, like it is every week, UNLESS we are getting absolutely played off the park, dicked and humiliated. If that happens then everyone in charge INCLUDING MANNING deserves everything they get at that point. But a very unlikely scenario.

Not only that both Jon and Sid KNOW it won't get "toxic" (what the actual ****, when has it ever got "toxic" down the Gate? It's bordering on comical to even suggest it!!).

• Like 5
  • Flames 1