IGNORED

A message to the fanbase

Sheltons Army

9 hours ago, Slack Bladder said:

They've made their bed

They've got to lie in it

I still feel numb, totally lost my City mojo

You're not alone there mate. I feel the same and likewise many other fans that I know. I keep seeing Liam on the sidelines and keep wondering where Nige and Flemming are, still feel sick about, I hate JL with a passion for this royal ruckup.

• Like 2
  • Flames 4
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I walked away from the club when LJ was put in charge, 45 years of home and away travel.

i don’t regret it for a moment, the club couldn’t care less about the support they get, it’s all about the control those at the top have/want.

Obviously I still read the forum, I see how angry and frustrated everyone is, well, you have a choice, stop going like I did, you will start enjoying your football again.

There is plenty of football out there to watch and enjoy, I can vouch for that. 

I did the same after the SL "it's my club I will do what I want" speech when LJ was on one of his losing runs. I had a season ticket for 48 years from the age of 6. Went to most away games back in the day for best part of 20 years.

I too really enjoy the local non league football scene now where I know that my money is appreciated greatly. 

I may return to AG if and when the Lansdowns / Bristol Sport have gone but with each passing year it will get more difficult.

Still watch / listen to games when I can and City will always be in my blood but I will not return until they have gone. 

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I walked away from the club when LJ was put in charge, 45 years of home and away travel.

i don’t regret it for a moment, the club couldn’t care less about the support they get, it’s all about the control those at the top have/want.

Obviously I still read the forum, I see how angry and frustrated everyone is, well, you have a choice, stop going like I did, you will start enjoying your football again.

There is plenty of football out there to watch and enjoy, I can vouch for that. 

I did the same after the SL "it's my club I will do what I want" speech when LJ was on one of his losing runs. I had a season ticket for 48 years from the age of 6. Went to most away games back in the day for best part of 20 years.

I too really enjoy the local non league football scene now where I know that my money is appreciated greatly. 

I may return to AG if and when the Lansdowns / Bristol Sport have gone but with each passing year it will get more difficult.

Still watch / listen to games when I can and City will always be in my blood but I will not return until they have gone. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

Not an unfair point as mentioned before but what did Jon say.... "The fans will still be there"... 

Simple fact is if you're at the ground and cheering on the team you're doing exactly what Jon expects of you and your opinion means nothing to him. My concern is at what point do the fans finally manage to get it through to Jon that we're not happy because right now the fans are still there and it's business as usual for Jon, in his eyes there is no real backlash over the changes because the fans are still doing what he wants. 

It's a lose lose situation for the fans, we go to the games and we do what Jon wants, we stay home and we contribute to the problem.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
12 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I get what you are saying, but you are p*ssing in the wind. The fan base is furious with Nige's unjust sacking and the poor results and dive towards the relegation spots that has happened since. A defeat on Saturday and the stadium will erupt that is for certain.

I'm intrigued by the remarks about the ground / crowd etc, there hasn't been any indication of this happening yet at any game so why now all of a sudden?

Can't see it happening personally - maybe just the odd boo etc

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Not only that both Jon and Sid KNOW it won't get "toxic" (what the actual ****, when has it ever got "toxic" down the Gate? It's bordering on comical to even suggest it!!).

I remember, unusually for me, being in up the Williams Stand when about 30 fans at the back of the middle of enclosure turned round as one to wave their fists, flash V-signs and swear up at the Directors Box.  'W*nkers, Sack the board, **** off' etc., and so it went on for several minutes.

They'd obviously agreed to meet up in that part of the ground to vent their spleen at the board.

From my viewpoint I could see the fans' contorted faces and how furious they were, and no doubt at all their message got across to those in the Director's Box.

Not sure exactly when this was now - probably early 80's - and it wouldn't happen these days, those fans would be on CCTV and quite likely confronted by stewards and possibly even banned, but it used to happen, be in no doubt about that.

Ashton Gate used to be fiercely passionate - it's still passionate to a degree, but nothing like the old days and fans are well aware they can't actually effect things anymore.

• Flames 2

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Not an unfair point as mentioned before but what did Jon say.... "The fans will still be there"... 

Simple fact is if you're at the ground and cheering on the team you're doing exactly what Jon expects of you and your opinion means nothing to him. My concern is at what point do the fans finally manage to get it through to Jon that we're not happy because right now the fans are still there and it's business as usual for Jon, in his eyes there is no real backlash over the changes because the fans are still doing what he wants. 

It's a lose lose situation for the fans, we go to the games and we do what Jon wants, we stay home and we contribute to the problem.

Take it from me, anyone who stops going, and goes and watches non league football, won’t regret it.

Best thing I’ve done, no stress, enjoy the football, easy parking, no queuing, close to the pitch and proper football.

You even see shots on goal, and goal mouth action 😳. A rarity at AG!. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I get what you are saying, but you are p*ssing in the wind. The fan base is furious with Nige's unjust sacking and the poor results and dive towards the relegation spots that has happened since. A defeat on Saturday and the stadium will erupt that is for certain.

Been a while for the fan base to erupt ,  I am a Pearson fan  but total agree with Shelton's Army open statement.  I have been in a similar position where a bunch of workers thought i could not do the job , 4 years in no one wants me to retire . COYR 

It would take some organising but venting the frustration and anger right up to the team and LM coming out of the tunnel then switch to instant positive vocal support to half time, revert to the former during half time (it’ll be heard from the boxes for sure) then positivity through the second half.

My big worry is negativity in game will be turned back on the fanbase, they’ll blame us but not themselves if it goes wrong but let’s not allow that to happen.

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Yep, and the hierarchy know it too.

The fans forum was evidence of that.

I’m not sure.

That event was a very small sample size & appeared to largely be populated by forelock tuggers & people with very little perspective beyond that.

If we struggle on Saturday apathy will probably turn to anger but sadly my hunch is the scapegoats (Cornick, Weimann, maybe Tanner) plus Manning will get flak but the owner, his chairman son & Tinnion won’t.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

its too late now but it should have been tinnion moved somewhere quiet with a real dof telling lansdowns what will or wont work.

Agreed, we had one and that was Nigel Pearson.
Respected by the players and the coaches, but not by the Lamsdowns. Real shame. A golden opportunity lost again. Nige could have moved “upstairs” but with a mentor role for a “rabbit in the headlights” like Manning. Poor guy doesn’t really stand a chance in the Championship IMO.

Madness!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Agreed, we had one and that was Nigel Pearson.
Respected by the players and the coaches, but not by the Lamsdowns. Real shame. A golden opportunity lost again. Nige could have moved “upstairs” but with a mentor role for a “rabbit in the headlights” like Manning. Poor guy doesn’t really stand a chance in the Championship IMO.

Madness!

I could see NP doing that with someone he knew like Euell for example but not have one imposed upon him.

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I remember, unusually for me, being in up the Williams Stand when about 30 fans at the back of the middle of enclosure turned round as one to wave their fists, flash V-signs and swear up at the Directors Box.  'W*nkers, Sack the board, **** off' etc., and so it went on for several minutes.

They'd obviously agreed to meet up in that part of the ground to vent their spleen at the board.

From my viewpoint I could see the fans' contorted faces and how furious they were, and no doubt at all their message got across to those in the Director's Box.

Not sure exactly when this was now - probably early 80's - and it wouldn't happen these days, those fans would be on CCTV and quite likely confronted by stewards and possibly even banned, but it used to happen, be in no doubt about that.

Ashton Gate used to be fiercely passionate - it's still passionate to a degree, but nothing like the old days and fans are well aware they can't actually effect things anymore.

I agree can remember when the old williams stand was in place you had 150 fans yelling and angry outside old players entrance shouting up at the Directors bar upstairs today we just put up with it oh yeh i was one of em .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sniper said:

You're not alone there mate. I feel the same and likewise many other fans that I know. I keep seeing Liam on the sidelines and keep wondering where Nige and Flemming are, still feel sick about, I hate JL with a passion for this royal ruckup.

Glad I'm not the only one honestly the difference to how I felt at the start of the season and now is a massive shift feel like going around Nige's to have a beer or 2 ( Father figure). This club has totally cocked up.(Again)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Street red said:

Glad I'm not the only one honestly the difference to how I felt at the start of the season and now is a massive shift feel like going around Nige's to have a beer or 2 ( Father figure). This club has totally cocked up.(Again)

It isn’t the club that has messed up again but the Lansdowns, serial failures the both of them

• Like 2

I am in the happy position of being an overseas season ticket holder. This means I only go when it’s a big game as from where I live it is quite the undertaking. 

However as a few know here I watch all the games on BCTV that I don’t attend. 

Luckily for Lansdown Tinnion and Manning I will be happily yelling abuse ay my screen for most of the 90 minutes on Saturday morning. 

I have had it up to the back teeth with all of this, to the point of enquiring about my account deletion here. 

Jon Lansdown is a trust fund *** being advised by a man (people) who are clueless. The one obvious advisor should hang his head in total shame as he disappears out of the door. Jon Lansdown needs to resign as chairman and replaced by someone that has a clue. Scudamore or someone else with some gravitas and associated with the club

In the meantime I don’t particularly care if the crowd get on anyone’s back. The season ticket holders and supporters have been abused by the people controlling this club for far too long, it’s about time they got some back. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

19 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I’m pretty sure there are thousands of fans who are so angry it’s already gone way past rational and considered support . It will kick off massively on Saturday if it goes badly and I wouldn’t be shocked to see Manning walk over the next couple of weeks . Not his fault ( entirely) but he should not be there. Much like the Chairman , he’s not qualified or experienced enough . 

It’s not Mannings fault, you can’t blame him for accepting the job, and wanting to better, prove himself, it’s the people who appointed him, and left him in this situation, why, and on what grounds did they think he was a good appointment? Surely, ( though perhaps not, know how out of touch with the fans the board are) they must’ve sensed the feeling after sacking Pearson, and that the must make a good appointment to please and settle the fans.

Do feel slightly sorry for Manning, he’s been dumped on from a great height, though nothing surprises me anymore with this board or club, rant over!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

its too late now but it should have been tinnion moved somewhere quiet with a real dof telling lansdowns what will or wont work.

This is the problem we now have. A Tecknical Disaster, sorry I meant Director, who is the literal definition of a Yes Man which is just the way the Family like it. Someone who appeared very much in cohorts with Nige not so long ago yet the moment the Family have had enough the tune changes immediately and we hear grumblings of "why is Andy King playing?", players deconditioned, being given holidays when it is deemed by Chief Football Brain that the dozen remaining fit ones should be flogged to death on the training pitch etc. etc. Easy solution, get rid of Nige and the useless physio, get back to flogging them and that's sorted.

Fast forward a number of weeks and the big long holiday that was the single and only root cause of the fitness issues is cancelled, despite approaching the busiest period of games all season, yet the injury list is as long as it ever was with no sign of shrinking, a key player brought back into the fold playing 45 minutes of a 21's game and crocked again and we are now substituting key players after an hour, at a huge detriment to our chances of getting something out of a game, to avoid burn out.

The Medical side of the club is so unfit for purpose, and has been for half a dozen years, that it has to go deeper than the personnel. If it was my £20m being pumped in every year I would have shelled an extra £20K out tbh and ordered a completely independent root and branch review of the Medical side of things. I certainly wouldn't be leaving it to Jon and Sid to make the ultimate decision on what went wrong, that's for sure, and then find nothing is changing two months later, in fact in some respects it's worse when you are now taking your best player off after 60 each game and spunking opportunities for points up the wall (three potential extra points that would leave Manning in a slightly more comfortable position). I wonder if we've looked into it and undertaken that review? In fact shouldn't the Director de Tecknique be making that recommendation to the Board? Surely that's what a PROFESSIONAL organisation would do when faced with a longstanding recurring problem?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Take it from me, anyone who stops going, and goes and watches non league football, won’t regret it.

Best thing I’ve done, no stress, enjoy the football, easy parking, no queuing, close to the pitch and proper football.

You even see shots on goal, and goal mouth action 😳. A rarity at AG!. 

A defeat or draw on Saturday will make it 20 home games without a win for me (I can’t go to every game, so have a real knack for picking the defeats and draws).

I might have to give Keynsham Town a go if we don’t win, 20 is plenty!

Edited by luke_bristol
  • Robin 1

9 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

ditto for me,  the op has put his case BUT JL/SL know that many most fans will still turn up to support their team.

The Lansdowns will continue to what they like because they can.

Make them notice by doing something/anything, unless of course you are happy with their fantastic efforts while in charge...... that has got us...........no-where.

• Flames 1

23 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

What like Krakatoa?  Get real...it just will not happen?   If we should lose? (Big If?).. Theyr'e will maybe a little anger, booing and frustration......but most supporters are sensible enough to realise that after just 7 games, and with no opportunity to bring in any new players, it is too early to make any long term judgement call on our new manager?   Patience young Jedi?

• Hmmm 1