IGNORED

Tins - What have you done...

glynriley

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just checked and every club in the Championship has a CEO apart from:

Norwich Board & Executive - Norwich City (canaries.co.uk) - but they have an actual proper board and sporting director.

Stoke Stoke City FC - Directory - they also have an actual proper board and sporting director.

Sheff Weds - Can't find any details, COO Liam Dooley left in October, but run by a madman.

Rotherham United - only have a COO and no DoF. An anomaly.

So basically us and bottom-of-the-table Rotherham are the division's outliers in terms of internal structure. Brilliant.

A failed ex manager who hasn’t been anywhere else running our football ops. Nigel was perfect for the upstairs role, baffling decisions from the owners….again! 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just checked and every club in the Championship has a CEO apart from:

Norwich Board & Executive - Norwich City (canaries.co.uk) - but they have an actual proper board and sporting director.

Stoke Stoke City FC - Directory - they also have an actual proper board and sporting director.

Sheff Weds - Can't find any details, COO Liam Dooley left in October, but run by a madman.

Rotherham United - only have a COO and no DoF. An anomaly.

So basically us and bottom-of-the-table Rotherham are the division's outliers in terms of internal structure. Brilliant.

Impressive piece of research that mate.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

If there is another owner & chairman out there who understand the world of football less than our two I’m really not sure who they are.

Dale Vince at FGR knows more or less zero about football and it's finally catching up with him. His only method is throwing huge sums of money at it. Current squad size is 33 and he's talking of getting more than a few more in for January. The playing budget is reportedly Top 5 in L2, maybe even Top 3 and certainly much higher than say Notts Co for example. Currently 23rd in L2, 5 points from safety. CEO that came from Tennis NZ, DOF and 1st Team Manager with only U21 experience between them, core home support dwindling to about 1300. The only thing saving them from implosion is the lack of effective FFP in L1/L2.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Dale Vince at FGR knows more or less zero about football and it's finally catching up with him. His only method is throwing huge sums of money at it. Current squad size is 33 and he's talking of getting more than a few more in for January. The playing budget is reportedly Top 5 in L2, maybe even Top 3 and certainly much higher than say Notts Co for example. Currently 23rd in L2, 5 points from safety. CEO that came from Tennis NZ, DOF and 1st Team Manager with only U21 experience between them, core home support dwindling to about 1300. The only thing saving them from implosion is the lack of effective FFP in L1/L2.

So in summary, Steve, Jon, Sid and Dale are the four stupidest men in football.......

22 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Ridiculous. And yet thoroughly, depressingly predictable. 

The Lansdowns track record favouring familiarity over capability is astounding when you stop to think about it.

I'm still frequently baffled thinking how was SL so successful in business with that kind of decision making 

Bernard, often quoted on posts here and is well known ' he supplied the bedroom to start HL, Hargreaves was the Power House, Lansdown did the bean counting '

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

Nobody is allowed to hold Steve and Jon to account. Not through a proper structure of Board and Sub-committees to oversee the work of the CEO. It's laughable. 

BCFC is being run like a small family business selling pizzas out of a converted Sprinter at festivals. It really is that bad.

and the pizzas taste sh*te

I love Tins, always have, always will.  He was my fave player in the mid 90's and as such will always have my respect.

I don't blame him for this, I blame Jon.  As far as I can tell, apart from being the son of a billionnaire and a City fan, which is fair, he has never demonstrated an ounce of ability when it comes to running the club.

JL should resign, or be forced out, and replaced by someone capable of running a Championship club.

I also don't feel Tins is right for this current role at City, he should be involved in the academy and that's about it.

I hate that his reputation is being tarnished once more.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Has he not though lifted them to previously unscaled heights? Something Steve has absolutely failed to do with us. 

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I love Tins, always have, always will.  He was my fave player in the mid 90's and as such will always have my respect.

I don't blame him for this, I blame Jon.  As far as I can tell, apart from being the son of a billionnaire and a City fan, which is fair, he has never demonstrated an ounce of ability when it comes to running the club.

JL should resign, or be forced out, and replaced by someone capable of running a Championship club.

I also don't feel Tins is right for this current role at City, he should be involved in the academy and that's about it.

I hate that his reputation is being tarnished once more.

He took the job and seemed very keen to toe the party line so **** him.

When it goes tits up hell be back in Spain because he wont get a job here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Has he not though lifted them to previously unscaled heights? Something Steve has absolutely failed to do with us. 

Where were Forest Green when Vince took over?

If you throw enough money at it down there with looser financial controls you can ride, up to a point.

Summer 2022 they lost Wilson to us who was quite a key player, they lost an important midfielder whose name escapes me to Cardiff and they lost Edwards to Watford.

Gravity can catch up there. A good counter argument is that had we thrown cash at it properly pre FFP we would likely been promoted sooner or later..January 2008 was the big moment.

On 14/12/2023 at 12:08, GrahamC said:

We’re all guessing, aren’t we?

My reasoning is SL was far more humble & on the way up when he made his finance fortune.

His time in football has largely been characterised by a superior attitude & that he thinks he knows it all.

It might be inexcusable but it is the case, he’s still completely clueless.

Sadly I’m not. Guessing that is.

As I’ve alluded to before I heard it said. Primary interest in what was then a football club wasn’t about football.

It was what Mr L could achieve from the football club.

Nuanced perhaps, and possibly too subtle for many but I was in no doubt. It was nothing more than an investment opportunity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

The Peter Principle says that in organisational hierarchies people will tend to be promoted until they reach their maximum level of incompetence.

Fortunately it doesn't apply to anyone at Bristol City.

• Like 1