IGNORED

Tins - What have you done...

glynriley

Just checked and every club in the Championship has a CEO apart from:

Norwich Board & Executive - Norwich City (canaries.co.uk) - but they have an actual proper board and sporting director.

Stoke Stoke City FC - Directory - they also have an actual proper board and sporting director.

Sheff Weds - Can't find any details, COO Liam Dooley left in October, but run by a madman.

Rotherham United - only have a COO and no DoF. An anomaly.

So basically us and bottom-of-the-table Rotherham are the division's outliers in terms of internal structure. Brilliant.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 4

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Norwich Board & Executive - Norwich City (canaries.co.uk) - but they have an actual proper board and sporting director.

Stoke Stoke City FC - Directory - they also have an actual proper board and sporting director.

Sheff Weds - Can't find any details, COO Liam Dooley left in October, but run by a madman.

So basically us and bottom-of-the-table Rotherham are the division's outliers in terms of internal structure. Brilliant.

Nobody is allowed to hold Steve and Jon to account. Not through a proper structure of Board and Sub-committees to oversee the work of the CEO. It's laughable. 

BCFC is being run like a small family business selling pizzas out of a converted Sprinter at festivals. It really is that bad.

• Like 11
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 5

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeh and if you go up to the Prem it's a similar story.

Prem clubs do tend to go the head coach rather than manager route...but they'll almost always have a CEO given the size of their businesses.

I don't like it, whatever reasoning the club might give. I don't think investors/buyers will like it either...although they may take the attitude that they can change it once they're in.

It's a mess, it's not aligned to the rest of the industry, it's not different enough to be truly innovative either, and it's just indicative of the "we know best and we're doing it anyway" attitude.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Norwich, especially, provide a huge amount of transparency in their accounts / summary report too. Plymouth are good too.

Stoke provided a fair bit of Covid Alowances stuff.  They could’ve kept it out if the public domain and just shared with the EFL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The worrying thing is that the last time Steve decided to hollow out the structure of the club and leave Jon & friends in charge was the McInnes era (he was a Jon "pick"), which eventually led to us being relegated. 

The whole family are bloody incompetent . Ok , Steve’s a self made billionaire but when it comes to football he knows jack shit . I’ll never be able to get my head around how his entitled , silver spoon son who has had to do the square root of **** all to get anywhere in life , can now run a football club . Utterly incompressible 

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

John Pelling...

That name rings a bell..what was his role.here exactly, remember the name but not much about him. Something financial?

Stoke and their piss taking Covid arguments, I won't labour the point but as bad as Everton in some respects- we otoh I strongly suspect would have complied even applying the EFL minimum.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That name rings a bell..what was his role.here exactly, remember the name but not much about him. Something financial?

Stoke and their piss taking Covid arguments, I won't labour the point but as bad as Everton in some respects- we otoh I strongly suspect would have complied even applying the EFL minimum.

He was the guy who allegedly tried to renegotiate the Maguire & Andre Gray deals in the season after promotion under Cotts.

Took the blame for it & left but appeared he was under orders from SL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

wasn't he the guy who was ousted around the time we were promoted, after the Cotts transfer debacle?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He was the guy who allegedly tried to renegotiate the Maguire & Andre Gray deals in the season after promotion under Cotts.

Took the blame for it & left but appeared he was under orders from SL.

Ah yes thought so. Thanks.

I'm not intending to defend him but I am wondering if there was a slight FFP risk in summer 2015 hence the whole renegotiation. I'm in a minority view on that but there was still a one year £13m plus Allowable limit test to consider.

The disconnection between the Lansdowns and City fans (punters) is growing, of which the Lamsdowns only have themselves to blame. It’s a comical circus of a business.  After all the mistakes made, they need to GO asap but the worry is that they hang around until a stupid offer is made and that could be a couple of years or more.

In the meantime, the football club is going to only go one way.

Edited by fisherrich
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Maldini said:

So fed up of reading these “Sid”, “Snake” and “Crayola/crayon boy” names for Tinnion and Lansdown.

The correct names are Binman, sacking of Pearson. And Pantsdown. I mean it in the following definition not in any weird sexy underwear mishap - to be caught with your pants down means to be caught unawares in a situation to which you are completely unable to respond, react, etc. This expression means much the same as being a “deer in the headlights” except that the situation of the person caught with their pants down is highly embarrassing or potentially damaging, etc.

I wonder if Pantsdown genuinely thinks hes up to the task, and has the skills, qualities and experience to lead with the Binman, as Pinky to his Brain. 

bungle (tinnion) and george (lansdown) sit well with me  could then have manning as zippy

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

What makes everything worse is how SMUG they are. Flippant comments from Tinnion like "see you when we're in the Prem" portrays a person that believes they know best, nobody else's opinion matters, and if you don't like it tough.

When you see Tinnion and the Lansdowns in interviews making stupid statements and smirking it just makes me think they don't really care if their decisions work or not, as long as they can do, what THEY want.

I don't think i will see City in the prem, even for one season, in my life time which is sad, as I would love to see it and the club would be a perfect fit in my opinion.

I believe the only way to get City into the Prem would be to bring in a well known, experienced manager with a decent backroom team that could attract decent players, with some investment it would be possible, but it seems the people that run the club would rather City linger around the championship flirting with relegation. 

Boring club, lacks ambition, with horrible owners.

• Like 13
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

The disconnection between the Lansdowns and City fans (punters) is growing, of which the Lamsdowns only have themselves to blame. It’s a comical circus of a business.  After all the mistakes made, they need to GO asap but the worry is that they hang around until a stupid offer is made and that could be a couple of years or more.

In the meantime, the football club is going to only go one way.

They could have redeemed themselves this summer somewhat if only they had done things differently. By differently I mean sensibly.

Reasonable but not stupid chunk of cash to NP in the summer, 2 or 3 deal after this season and let him, his staff and the CEO (albeit I preferred Gould to Alexander) get on with it while keeping Tinnion in his youth rule.

That is all they needed to do.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They could have redeemed themselves this summer somewhat if only they had done things differently. By differently I mean sensibly.

Reasonable but not stupid chunk of cash to NP in the summer, 2 or 3 deal after this season and let him, his staff and the CEO (albeit I preferred Gould to Alexander) get on with it while keeping Tinnion in his youth rule.

That is all they needed to do.

Why did they not ask Pearson to step up as Technical Director or something and allow him to oversee/mentor someone like Manning for example? All that skill and experience gone! Just crazy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, fisherrich said:

Why did they not ask Pearson to step up as Technical Director or something and allow him to oversee/mentor someone like Manning for example? All that skill and experience gone! Just crazy.

That could also have worked too yeah. Might have retained Fleming, Euell and Rennie too.

Crazy as you say.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Tbf Im not convinced NPs manual , would necessarily align with a LM process style coach ,

I might be wrong but ai believe if you have a DoF / Technical Director the fit with tha manager / head coach needs to be aligned

Also not a job that you could push onto a NP , unless he himself decided that it suited him at that point in his career

What is ironic is that right now LM could do with a wise old head to support him and help him through this s******m 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Tbf Im not convinced NPs manual , would necessarily align with a LM process style coach ,

I might be wrong but ai believe if you have a DoF / Technical Director the fit with tha manager / head coach needs to be aligned

Also not a job that you could push onto a NP , unless he himself decided that it suited him at that point in his career

What is ironic is that right now LM could do with a wise old head to support him and help him through this s******m 

Rabbit in the headlights.

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I feel like there is potential with Manning. But he's a bit Jose Mourinho without having the guidance of Sir Bobby Robson. 

I think Manning needed a period in his career where he was an assistant to an experienced manager. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Rabbit in the headlights.

In fairness to Manning mate 

I’m not sure there would be many who wouldn’t be with the current cauldron

**** me did they ever ‘not read the room’

Id love to know whether they even considered the view And vibe of the fanbase and the potential backlash when they instigated their cull

As they are so stupid , it’s difficult to tell but Crayon Boys reference to fans (The I want it NOW brigade) wanting NP out after the game at Xmas / NY last year suggests they didn’t have an accurate handle on the fans views at all 

Maybe they were just so stupid they did , but disregarded it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

In fairness to Manning mate 

I’m not sure there would be many who wouldn’t be with the current cauldron

**** me did they ever ‘not read the room’

Id love to know whether they even considered the view And vibe of the fanbase and the potential backlash when they instigated their cull

As they are so stupid , it’s difficult to tell but Crayon Boys reference to fans (The I want it NOW brigade) wanting NP out after the game at Xmas / NY last year suggests they didn’t have an accurate handle on the fans views at all 

Maybe they were just so stupid they did , but disregarded it

It’s an often made point recently but I am firmly of the mind that Liam is switched on enough to do due diligence and would have some idea of what he was walking into. But I’m increasingly of the mind that he couldn’t have anticipated the depth of it. We’re now six weeks from Niges sacking and it feels as raw as ever on here. Any coach would be stunned by that. Question is, who could have told him without making him say “Nah mate, not for me”

Dont get me wrong I think Liam isn’t helping the scenario by the decisions he’s making currently - but he’s the only one that can turn this around and reduce the heat on Jon and Steve (edit - and Brian. Trying to forget he exists), and if he is “rabbit in headlights” that helps not one person.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 3

We’re delighted for him obviously, 

It needs real collaboration and we’ve got that. It’s a reward for Brian, it’s a smart appointment by the club. What it does is it gives Brian the ability to operate in an official capacity in what he is already doing and that is working very closely with the first-team operation but also overseeing the academy and the recruitment. 

He will be important for us recruitment-wise in the first-team environment as well

This is what NP said about the appointment when it happened. Pearson absolutely does not say this if he doesn't think it. In fact, I think there is a good chance he literally calls it out if he thinks it's a bad decision.

22 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s an often made point recently but I am firmly of the mind that Liam is switched on enough to do due diligence and would have some idea of what he was walking into. But I’m increasingly of the mind that he couldn’t have anticipated the depth of it. We’re now six weeks from Niges sacking and it feels as raw as ever on here. Any coach would be stunned by that. Question is, who could have told him without making him say “Nah mate, not for me”

Dont get me wrong I think Liam isn’t helping the scenario by the decisions he’s making currently - but he’s the only one that can turn this around and reduce the heat on Jon and Steve (edit - and Brian. Trying to forget he exists), and if he is “rabbit in headlights” that helps not one person.

This is a good point, but worries me even more about what is going on behind the scenes! Is it likely the board hide a lot of the issues from potential new employees? I seem to remember NP with all his experience saying he didn't realise how bad things were here after his arrival.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

The whole family are bloody incompetent . Ok , Steve’s a self made billionaire but when it comes to football he knows jack shit . I’ll never be able to get my head around how his entitled , silver spoon son who has had to do the square root of **** all to get anywhere in life , can now run a football club . Utterly incompressible 

Steve's a self made billionaire? Who's this Hargreaves chappie, then?

• Thanks 1