IGNORED

Niges Leaving Card

Silvio Dante

Just the best thread on OTIB in weeks. 

Quite emotional reading Nige’s post, still feels like he’s with us in some respects. He certainly gets us I think. 

Great OP from @Silvio Dante and comments from @Kid in the Riot and @Olé

I’ve said elsewhere I do wonder if this may be a case of unfinished business. Highly unlikely I know and there would need to be quite a change in the club, but I’m sure Leicester City felt the same at the time. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Results and context in which the change was made have largely been responsible for stoking up the pressure, IMO.

We all want it to turn around, a successful Manning means a successful Bristol City.

And that's where I think Manning read the room completely wrong. I don't think he realised what he was walking in to until now. 

I think he had some stars in his eyes about a big club (compared to Oxford and MK) and the big modern stadium and impressive facilities being interested in him. 

Fair play to him for having his principles and all that, but those principles are damaging him right now. Maybe long term they will bare fruit but if this carries on there won't be a long term. 

He needed to come in and at the very least maintain the 1.4 ppg. He didn't need to rearrange the furniture. Just tweak a little. There has been some very winnable games.

This early pressure wouldn't be here if he had prioritised results. 

Let's remember, he had two weeks of training too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

Your man, once again, trying to talk about a bloke getting sacked almost 20 years ago for failing to get promoted from Nationwide Division 2.

My point is that unexplained dismissals have happened previously under our current ownership. Every other managerial sacking has been understood by the fanbase.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The bloke has replaced the snake Tinnion as a club legend.

I had a very nice response from his agent to a an email I sent yesterday. 

Nigel has been overwhelmed by the best wishes of supporters!! 

I really don’t get all the hostility towards Tinnion - it wasn’t him who sacked Nige, that was the responsibility of our Chairman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 5

15 minutes ago, Super said:

100%. I wish Nige well of course but we certainly need to move on some posts are pretty cringey now. 

Not sure how well the fans will move on until results and performances become more convincing tbh. 

The reaction to a managerial departure, notably sacking here, has been quite unprecedented in my time at least. (25 years).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It’s refreshing to see such a ‘love-in’ for our former manager. Such accolades are rare indeed. 

I guess we’ll never know the real reason he was sacked. The club announcement wasn’t based on hard Championship evidence. City were handily placed at the time.

The same kind of decision applied to Danny Wilson, sacked during off season whilst on holiday……not even DW himself knew the reason………..:dunno:

well that reason is obvious. He had a ridiculous squad and spent a lot - for league one and couldnt get us out.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, One Team said:

I’ve said elsewhere I do wonder if this may be a case of unfinished business. Highly unlikely I know and there would need to be quite a change in the club, but I’m sure Leicester City felt the same at the time. 

Stranger things have happened though I really can't see for as long as we have our current ownership. It's a shame, if he ever did come back after a bad run by an existing manager, I can only imagine what the atmosphere would be like, a real lift and fight behind the club once again. One can hope.. 🙄:laugh:

Such a shame he wasn't given the tools to finish the job. What were the club thinking?! Great having him. Up there with the all time best City bosses for his capacity to connect to the fans.

And assuming that someone in his team occasionally dips into OTIB - wishing you the very best of health Nige.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Such a shame he wasn't given the

I’d swap the word ‘shame’ with the word ‘disgrace’. After all the money LJ pissed down the drain I can understand the hesitation to splash ridiculous amounts of cash but Pearson had earned the right to a decent transfer kitty. A few quality additions after the sale of Alex Scott could’ve made a massive difference to our season.

• Like 5
  • Flames 3

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

"One Nigel Pearson" and "Nigel Pearson's Cider Army" could be 2 easy ones for the Singing Section to get going on Saturday with.

2 easy ones for anyone to get going Mr P, but it ain't gonna happen is it? Although I also agree that we should be singing some pro Manning songs to show some support (also won't happen....)

PROVE ME WRONG PEOPLE!!!!

COYR 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dizz said:

2 easy ones for anyone to get going Mr P, but it ain't gonna happen is it? Although I also agree that we should be singing some pro Manning songs to show some support (also won't happen....)

PROVE ME WRONG PEOPLE!!!!

COYR 

Definitely some pro Manning would be good too Dizz, and possibly some anti hierarchy ie Jon Lansdown and Tinnion.

• Like 2

I must admit I'd had some misgivings about the kind of character Nige was, largely based on the false image that the media portrayed of him.   I was pleasantly surprised at what a thoughtful and egoless man he actually was.  Maybe that's because of some of the life-changing events he's lives through?   Regardless of why he came across as a very genuine, principled, caring man.  The club is poorer for not having him around.

My anger has faded somewhat, but really saddened that he didn't get to build on all the good things he's done for the club.

The only positive is that he can focus on getting his health sorted. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Can you explain the hostility towards BT Graham?

@Robbored I will. Explain my hostility to him.

Over promoted. Out of his depth. Out of touch.

In short, like the Lansdown’s, he’s a ***. Little, if any truth in anything the 3 of them say.

A legend for his performance at Anfield. A complete failure for his performance at Swansea.

Yet the ****** is still here.

Hostile? Me? 😂

• Like 5