IGNORED

Fleetwood - Another LJ Thread

7 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Oh dear FFS- Manning crashed the OTIB party by winning a game. How annoying.

There's virtually no new threads about how terrible it is , NP would have done better, joke board etc, etc. Very tedious for some.

But hey- never mind ..... there's always the obsession with a previous Manager who left several years ago , the one who no one else has done better than since.

Congratulations on a desperately needed new thread about Lee Johnson- just in case .

Don’t read it then 

Edited by David Brent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Oh dear FFS- Manning crashed the OTIB party by winning a game. How annoying.

There's virtually no new threads about how terrible it is , NP would have done better, joke board etc, etc. Very tedious for some.

But hey- never mind ..... there's always the obsession with a previous Manager who left several years ago , the one who no one else has done better than since.

Congratulations on a desperately needed new thread about Lee Johnson- just in case .

Absolutely this. 

14 hours ago, Fuber said:

That basically aligns with my thinking to be honest - in a a much more blunt manner granted. But it gets the jist of it.

Not sure what the point of snooping his account is, like the above. You can support a club, but be critical of the ownership and management.

Sorry if it's not all daisies and rainbows.

Snooping? I think of it as clarifying a position or agenda. Of course it's not all daisies etc but nor is it all doom and gloom. If a poster's every comment is deeply critical/negative/rude since August then it's pretty obvious that someone has an agenda but you know this.

5 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Imagine spending your Saturday night going through someone’s post history. Absolutely tragic 😂

It takes about 3-4 minutes and is fascinating to see where someone's coming from. What is tragic is that there are those who have absolutely nothing but bile to post about the Lansdowns and Tinnion .

Personally I support Brian and the Lansdowns which is completely contrary to the majority narrative on OTIB. I will continue to do so for as long as I believe they are doing the right thing at the club and you will continue to find my views offensive to your own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Snooping? I think of it as clarifying a position or agenda. Of course it's not all daisies etc but nor is it all doom and gloom. If a poster's every comment is deeply critical/negative/rude since August then it's pretty obvious that someone has an agenda but you know this.

It takes about 3-4 minutes and is fascinating to see where someone's coming from. What is tragic is that there are those who have absolutely nothing but bile to post about the Lansdowns and Tinnion .

Personally I support Brian and the Lansdowns which is completely contrary to the majority narrative on OTIB. I will continue to do so for as long as I believe they are doing the right thing at the club and you will continue to find my views offensive to your own.

Is it an agenda? Or just a way to vent frustration?

As you say - it's the majority view. So do you look at every posters previous posts? Just odd picking out Jim and making out he has an 'Agenda' as if he's hes just some sort of troll in some sort of an attempt to degrade his opinion. Otherwise why bother?

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 3

You need to see someone! You have really got to calm down or start using the ignore button! 

• Haha 1

No agenda here, just venting my frustration at what I believe to be poor management from our owner and board. The Pearson sacking and handling of it has made me more angry than even the appointment of Dean Holden. It's my view that they don't really know how to run our football club and we won't ever achieve promotion to the PL under their ownership, and it's high time they moved on and let someone else have a go.

Opinion or agenda? Up to you how you interpret that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

Is it an agenda? Or just a way to vent frustration?

As you say - it's the majority view. So do you look at every posters previous posts? Just odd picking out Jim and making out he has an 'Agenda' as if he's hes just some sort of troll in some sort of an attempt to degrade his opinion. Otherwise why bother?

No- it's quite random really. Some I do and some I don't. Some I already know exactly what position they're going to take in the same way any regular poster would know I'm not going to join in with the anti Lansdown lobby. It's like an expected poster response ratio.

But if someone makes only very few posts over almost 5 months all saying the same thing i.e. Get out Lansdown or (I quote) "Pi55 off Lansdown" then , and you can call me cynical , I feel it's an agenda driven narrative in the absence of  posts about other matters.

As for putting people on "ignore" ( as suggested by @REDOXO) - I find it genuinely funny that an anonymous poster puts another anonymous poster on "ignore"- often anonymously. That is the ultimate sign of taking things too seriously and being in need of a break!  If someone doesn't agree then challenge their view and/or move on.

This is an anonymous football forum where the lines between truth and fiction are constantly merged. 

42 minutes ago, RedJim said:

No agenda here, just venting my frustration at what I believe to be poor management from our owner and board. The Pearson sacking and handling of it has made me more angry than even the appointment of Dean Holden. It's my view that they don't really know how to run our football club and we won't ever achieve promotion to the PL under their ownership, and it's high time they moved on and let someone else have a go.

Opinion or agenda? Up to you how you interpret that.

See above reply.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

No- it's quite random really. Some I do and some I don't. Some I already know exactly what position they're going to take in the same way any regular poster would know I'm not going to join in with the anti Lansdown lobby. It's like an expected poster response ratio.

But if someone makes only very few posts over almost 5 months all saying the same thing i.e. Get out Lansdown or (I quote) "Pi55 off Lansdown" then , and you can call me cynical , I feel it's an agenda driven narrative in the absence of  posts about other matters.

As for putting people on "ignore" ( as suggested by @REDOXO) - I find it genuinely funny that an anonymous poster puts another anonymous poster on "ignore"- often anonymously. That is the ultimate sign of taking things too seriously and being in need of a break!  If someone doesn't agree then challenge their view and/or move on.

This is an anonymous football forum where the lines between truth and fiction are constantly merged. 

See above reply.

I simply can't be arsed to post regularly unless its something I really feel like saying. I think I've been on the forum for about 20 years and posted I'm guessing less than 1,000 times. Funnily I've got other interests apart from City and OTIB so I'm not on here all the time, and I'm not sure what effect my perceived 'agenda' on an online forum is going to change. 

Recently the running of the club has really boiled my piss so I've chosen to vent about it on here a few times. Sorry if it bothers you! 

• Like 7
  • Flames 5

14 minutes ago, RedJim said:

I simply can't be arsed to post regularly unless its something I really feel like saying. I think I've been on the forum for about 20 years and posted I'm guessing less than 1,000 times. Funnily I've got other interests apart from City and OTIB so I'm not on here all the time, and I'm not sure what effect my perceived 'agenda' on an online forum is going to change. 

Recently the running of the club has really boiled my piss so I've chosen to vent about it on here a few times. Sorry if it bothers you! 

You exercise your free speech rights brother! If some don’t like it I’m sure Russia and the Russian army have room!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

Said at the time, he was absolutely insane (even a bit stupid) to take that job. 

He wants to show what top manager potential he has (in his own head) and to achieve more than his father ever did. We’ve all witnessed what waffler he is as did the S’land and Hibernian fans. He uses complicated coaching speak that goes over the average fans heads which is another way of him showing how knowledgeable he is.

The reality is that he’s a clone of his father with just a little more sophistication. It’s unlikely that he’ll manage higher than L1 in his career. He simply doesn’t have what it takes.

• Hmmm 2

On 16/12/2023 at 22:03, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So @RedJim 

You certainly seem to have a very special relationship with our Club.

Here's all the posts you've made since August ( spoiler alert... LJ didn't come back but you ditched BCFC anyway) :

August 30

If Johnson came back that'd be me finished with City until Lansdown sells the club.

October 29

Thanks Steve Lansdown, that's me done with this football club for a while. Please sell up, you haven't got a clue.

October 30

Fantastic summary, great to read a take down of our clueless owner and chairman like that in the national media.

October 30

LANSDOWNS OUT!

November 3

Not going to waste my time watching that entitled tosser try and justify things. Lansdowns out.

November 7

Exactly what I'm thinking. I'm not sure I'll attend another game at the Gate this season, I've had it with Steve Lansdown FC.

Wednesday at 06:50

Piss of Lansdowns and Tinnion - you've screwed up a decent thing that Nige was building at this club. Just go.

Could be wrong buy I'm guessing he's not a fan of the Lansdowns

• Haha 5

Speaking ahead of Saturday’s meeting at CelticPark he said: “Celtic’s ball boys are world class. It’s making me question my team selection, that five seconds in transition. I bet people have never heard this before, but those ballboys are making me question what team I pick.”

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Speaking ahead of Saturday’s meeting at CelticPark he said: “Celtic’s ball boys are world class. It’s making me question my team selection, that five seconds in transition. I bet people have never heard this before, but those ballboys are making me question what team I pick.”

I actually had to Google this to see if it was real or a piss take. Christ.

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

He wants to show what top manager potential he has (in his own head) and to achieve more than his father ever did. We’ve all witnessed what waffler he is as did the S’land and Hibernian fans. He uses complicated coaching speak that goes over the average fans heads which is another way of him showing how knowledgeable he is.

The reality is that he’s a clone of his father with just a little more sophistication. It’s unlikely that he’ll manage higher than L1 in his career. He simply doesn’t have what it takes.

Have you forgotten we were in the Championship when he was our manager?

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Hahahahahah

1 hour ago, SuperDziek said:

Have you forgotten we were in the Championship when he was our manager?

Having read “The Bluffers Guide to Football Coaching and Management”. Even after some experience in the role, his luck had to run out eventually even with the least critical of owners. And nothing he has done since suggests that he’s actually any good at it. He peaked with Bristol City and that Carabao Cup run. It has been downhill from then on. Plus he passed on his anti-Midas touch to Dean Holden…

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course not but he never threatened to reach the top 6 as his father actually had before blowing it the play off final.

The propensity to talk utter crap is strong with this one.

"Never threatened" - I'd suggest being in a play-off place on April 19th is a complete and utter dismissal of this latest dump of ignorance.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The propensity to talk utter crap is strong with this one.

"Never threatened" - I'd suggest being in a play-off place on April 19th is a complete and utter dismissal of this latest dump of ignorance.

1) which season was that? 2) where did City actually finish in that season?