IGNORED

Are Aston Villa overreacting to so called abuse of Watkins?

Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Anyway I'll bite my tongue a big on Aston Villa for now..I'll try.

Until more comes out on this story.

Let it go. 

All that abuse stuff was a bit silly if you ask me. I just don't care.  The important thing was that the Villa got three points. 

Most Villa fans have got even more pressing matters to concern ourselves with. 

On 22/12/2023 at 17:52, AnAstonVillafan said:

The only foundation to our success, Mr Popodopolous is our ownership. We have spent money, yes. 

You actually need to do that in Premier League to progress. There is nothing wrong with that. 

Our owners have put in the club a similar amount of money to what Brighton's owner has put into that club.  And less than what Arsenal, City, United, West Ham have put into theirs. 

This is fair but the loopholes enabled the initial platform to comply albeit you never know with future investigations as Chelsea and Man City could find out...HS2 in a way was fortune,  but misfortune, the stadium stuff many did- Aston Villa capitalised so congratulations but the fact it was opened was odd.

On 22/12/2023 at 17:57, AnAstonVillafan said:

Let it go. 

All that abuse stuff was a bit silly if you ask me. I just don't care.  The important thing was that the Villa got three points. 

Most Villa fans have got even more pressing matters to concern ourselves with. 

I can mostly but the Watkins reporting to police does seem somewhat of a nonsense on the face of it.

On 22/12/2023 at 17:44, AnAstonVillafan said:

Aston Villa did not cheat. Two investigations found no wrong doing. 

It was good ownership and astute decisions leading to improved footballing performance that got us promoted.

I'd agree and disagree, and intrigued as to an alternate path for the Championship say 2017-2021 and seasons that knock on if the stadium loophole shut.

I don't get the point of strict financial rules and better real time monitoring of there is a backstop of selling and leasing back a stadium or similar to keep the show on the road.

Granted it's shut now but the fact it was open over 5 seasons is bizarre, happy it's shut but there were rumours that the EFL missed it in the transfer over of the new rules in 2016 or whenever it was.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous