IGNORED

Watford away match thread

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m going to say again - less possession (42%) and less passes than the opposition but doing a lot more with it. Playing with pace and winning the ball high up the pitch. It’s a different team stylistically from the Boro, QPR, Norwich, Hudds games. That Blackburn game was the rubicon - senior players moaning on Robins TV and when we played more assertive second half, we looked like something.

Its to LMs huge credit that he’s realised plan A wasn’t working and wasn’t likely to work so played to the strengths of the squad. That really gives confidence that a key question over him has been answered. Fantastic stuff today.

Do you think you may have judged him a little early when after 3/4 games you said he had no plan B?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, City_USA said:

This is a big half of football coming up for Manning and this team. Us City fans have endured too many 2nd half lapses that we never feel confident with a 2 goal cushion. 

How we approach this 2nd half will show wether or not we do have what it takes to make a run for the playoffs this season. If we carry on dominating like we did the 1st half and close this out then I for one will date to dream

All IMO of course 

COYR 

I stand by what I said.

Who would have thought we'd have 9 points in our pocket from the last 3 games.

Always Believe

COYR 

After the Blackburn game where I thought we looked like we were going backwards, last 3 games we've been getting progressively better. That was really impressive and we were really good value for that today.

It will be typical city to go and lose the next two winnable games, but I thoroughly enjoyed that game and am looking forwards to the next one...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

Exactly this. We are back to playing to the strengths of the squad. Full credit to Manning for adapting, and tuning the approach based on what he saw. That is a very good sign and also gives me a lot of confidence. When it was rip it up and start again, then that risked a mess. He changed.  Let us hope the big injuries are behind us and with some confidence we can be back in the Championship mid table mix. 

Well done Manning and the squad. 

That's what I'm hugely impressed by too. 

He made a comment that he felt he had overloaded the players with information. At the time for me that was a telling comment to make. 

He then ripped Manning ball up to a certain extent and concentrated on getting us to play to our strengths and its worked tremendously well. 

I had my concerns that he would be too stubborn to move away from his approach but I'm delighted that he did. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

Slightly lost for words by that, brilliant!

Hit back nicely with the Sykes goal after conceding early which is refreshing. Gave us a crucial cushion.

Weimann goal was the icing late on, Bell run could have been the cherry had he scored- Watford stream commended his honestly for not falling in the box late on.

Sykes now has 5 in the League, next target should be 10..was hopeful he should be aiming at 5-10 goals back in August.

Watford TV was a bit well I watched on a stream, they gave us some credit but also bemoaning their errors.

Asprilla is meant to be quite promising but apart from some obvious technical quality at times Pring had the better of him.

We pressed so well, yes Watford commentators bemoaning unforced errors but a lot of that was due to our pressure and at key times too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 4