IGNORED

Watford away match thread

5 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

What part “let’s enjoy just the result” makes you think I need cheering up?

I’m not sure you needed to go with the patronising kid line, but for whatever it’s worth I’m more than happy, but if being a WUM gives you a little ego boost, then fill your petty little boots sunshine, everyone should find their little bit of happiness at this time of year.

I’m going to enjoy 3 wins on the spin and City playing some decent football and a bit of account blocking to remove the irritants.

You were telling me to move on when I've got nothing to move on from.

If you don't like me responding in kind then consider your own tone, eh?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, kit said:

After the Blackburn game where I thought we looked like we were going backwards, last 3 games we've been getting progressively better. That was really impressive and we were really good value for that today.

It will be typical city to go and lose the next two winnable games, but I thoroughly enjoyed that game and am looking forwards to the next one...

At the start Manning seemed to want to show what a funky young coach he is. Things like playing Sykes as a de facto left wing back, putting him back in his proper position but taking him off when he was our best player because he "had a feeling", dropping TGH.

Now he is making more rational decisions and getting the reward. Well done Liam. Long may it last.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Do you think you may have judged him a little early when after 3/4 games you said he had no plan B?

To be fair, he showed no sign of it in any of those games. And it was the first six.

We’re not playing the style that LM tried to enforce on the side. If we were, I’ve no doubt we wouldn’t have won the last three. He dropped a ball by doing what he did to start with and it’s why teams figured us out mid game and he couldn’t change it. There was much excitement in some quarters that we were moving up the possession charts but it’s always been - and always will be - about playing to your squads strengths. In fact, I’m sure I started a thread titled that post Boro!

He may go back to the heavy possession game. But I think he himself would admit he tried to change too much far too quickly. This is really going back to what plan A should always have been.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Imagine if we decide not to sign TGH!  Wouldn’t put it past the club despite Ian Gay saying the deal is done. I don’t think it is 

A deal has been agreed with West Brom should we (City) wish to exercise that option - source: Brian Tinnion

(in these cases it is normal for terms to have been agreed with the player too - source: someone in PL recruitment)

I believe Ian Gay (on twitter) is referring to the Adam Murphy signing (not TGH), which appears to be a poorly kept secret.  If you haven’t heard the rumour, you might be the only one! 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Davefevs said:

A deal has been agreed with West Brom should we (City) wish to exercise that option - source: Brian Tinnion

(in these cases it is normal for terms to have been agreed with the player too - source: someone in PL recruitment)

I believe Ian Gay (on twitter) is referring to the Adam Murphy signing (not TGH), which appears to be a poorly kept secret.  If you haven’t heard the rumour, you might be the only one! 🤣

I think everyone understands the TGH ‘deal’.  Ian Gay says it’s done. He wasn’t talking about Murphy.  I disagree it’s done. I still reckon it needs to get done. 

• Like 1

This is the first time where the win was achieved with a high degree of control throughout the entire game. Today was a huge step up in performance level imo. They were bang in form going into the game too and individually have very good players. We’ve achieved sod all as it stands but that performance today has to give everyone cause for optimism. Liam needs backing by the Board.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

At the start Manning seemed to want to show what a funky young coach he is. Things like playing Sykes as a de facto left wing back, putting him back in his proper position but taking him off when he was our best player because he "had a feeling", dropping TGH.

Now he is making more rational decisions and getting the reward. Well done Liam. Long may it last.

Pretty sure he played him there once when spring was suspended, A load of people on here thought he was there again and went into meltdown only to find he wasn't at all. We don't exactly have a lot of cover at full-back right now. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

This is the first time where the win was achieved with a high degree of control throughout the entire game. Today was a huge step up in performance level imo. They were bang in form going into the game too and individually have very good players. We’ve achieved sod all as it stands but that performance today has to give everyone cause for optimism. Liam needs backing by the Board.

Credit due to all but Watford were surprisingly poor. Take you runs when you can, tougher challenges will surely come. We will have greater squad options by then. I'd still love more runners in the box. Still like to see Sykes central, could be that man.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

What a great set of results against good sides. Today we looked really good. Hungry and playing for each other. 
also, not sitting on a 1 goal lead is VERY refreshing for me. Even at 90 minutes we were looking for the 5th. 
Well done to Liam and the lads - thanks for giving me a very happy Christmas 🍺

That’s 3 wins against teams around us competing for a play off spot. Birmingham & Millwall up next but can Maint ball deal with slightly different types of challenges 

We have gone under the radar so far this season but I fear Sky and other channels may start paying a few more visits to our games over the next few months???

Finally, will the board recognise this as an opportunity to bolster the squad in January and give us an injection of added quality/cover?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Will be interesting what they do as they clearly said they believe we have the squad to compete as it is.  We shall soon find out I guess!  

10 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

That's some terrible defending to let Tommy get a cross in. poor bloke knew he Had a city player behind him

I thought that at the time. Their defender had to go for it because there was a city player there waiting for the tap-in. Unfortunately for him it hit the back of his own net. Great for us though!!!

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Credit due to all but Watford were surprisingly poor. Take you runs when you can, tougher challenges will surely come. We will have greater squad options by then. I'd still love more runners in the box. Still like to see Sykes central, could be that man.

Don’t be fooled by that. We gubbed a very decent side today. This was a game where OUR performance forced them to be poor.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1
8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I think everyone understands the TGH ‘deal’.  Ian Gay says it’s done. He wasn’t talking about Murphy.  I disagree it’s done. I still reckon it needs to get done. 

I think it’s as good as done, just a question of if it’s done in Jan or the summer. Heard not too long ago he’s Been looking at places to live in Bristol with his partner. 

8 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

That's some terrible defending to let Tommy get a cross in. poor bloke knew he Had a city player behind him

I was shocked at how bad Watford's defending was especially down their right side.

This seemed to be a weakness Manning spotted as we overloaded our left side. Nice work if so.

• Like 2