IGNORED

7 in 7

Numero Uno

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Use of the word “behaviours” in the after match interview. That’s some run of form…….

It's the most irritating phrase he uses. Just say ******* ' attitude ' like normal people, rather than using phrases from the coaching manuals. 

Sadly as has been mentioned before...it's ingrained in his post match interviews. He has a list of phrases he uses over and over again.

Funnily he actually pulled himself up today after saying it, and said ' we'll probably get bored of hearing that'. 

I don't think I've watched one of his interviews yet, without stopping it before the end. 

It's mindless coaching phrases. 

I've also noticed he's got that damn annoying inflection in his voice that JL has...sounds like they are being choked. 

Can't fault the turn around and the way he's got them playing with results. 

But I can't listen to him. Bores and irritates sadly. 

Which is annoying for me, as I like to hear decent thought out reactions. 

Can't have it all I guess. 

Great result and performance. 

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 3

Just now, spudski said:

It's the most irritating phrase he uses. Just say ******* ' attitude ' like normal people, rather than using phrases from the coaching manuals. 

Sadly as has been mentioned before...it's ingrained in his post match interviews. He has a list of phrases he uses over and over again.

Funnily he actually pulled himself up today after saying it, and said ' we'll probably get bored of hearing that'. 

I don't think I've watched one of his interviews yet, without stopping it before the end. 

I've also noticed he's got that damn annoying inflection in his voice that JL has...sounds like they are being choked. 

I realise there are a few sensitive types on here. He certainly gave me what I wanted today notwithstanding his favourite phrase!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Who said anything about making a point except he likes to use the word “behaviours”. Maybe we should stick to the points scoring “Nige would have”/“Nige wouldn’t have” instead. Far better😂

To be fair if you aren't making a point why start a whole thread about this? I think if someone starts a thread and then just posts a short sentence, it's pretty fair to ask what they are getting at. 

• Like 1

Just now, BCFC Rich said:

To be fair if you aren't making a point why start a whole thread about this? I think if someone starts a thread and then just posts a short sentence, it's pretty fair to ask what they are getting at. 

I’ll post an explanation alongside every single post I make in future👍. That’s pretty fair. Thanks for the advice.

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

Attitude defines your intent, behaviours describes the way you have translated that intent into action, he's right to use it. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Attitude defines your intent, behaviours describes the way you have translated that intent into action, he's right to use it. 

I know...I've read the coaching manuals. 🤷

However...if you asked the average fan on the street what ' behaviors' meant in coaching terms, they'd put it under the same umbrella that includes a player's attitude. 

It's not a term that's used in everyday language. 

I've mentioned it before...it's fine when you're winning, but it will be another stick to beat him with when not doing well. 

As LJ and Ashton found out. 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I know...I've read the coaching manuals. 🤷

However...if you asked the average fan on the street what ' behaviors' meant in coaching terms, they'd put it under the same umbrella that includes a player's attitude. 

It's not a term that's used in everyday language. 

I've mentioned it before...it's fine when you're winning, but it will be another stick to beat him with when not doing well. 

As LJ and Ashton found out. 

So why criticise him for using the correct term?

1 minute ago, transfer reader said:

They want to point score about Manning while also telling others not to point score.

Not at all. Manning totally outclassed his opposite number today in terms of tactical set up. Absolutely wiped the floor with Ismael. I also pointed out that performances have improved in each of the last two games over the preceding game. No mentions of whether previous managers would or wouldn’t have achieved that👍. Very simple to do……..

Delighted with what Manning delivered today and long may it continue.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, spudski said:

But they subtly are different things:-

CD1A59D3-767B-4AE0-8787-AC93E21B0B62.thumb.jpeg.02ec74b76f2c043435e10ddde2f63036.jpeg

48DF0D62-8AA8-4775-8173-DE52FB572CA9.thumb.jpeg.2f629490207de60db24e77d28a24dddd.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Is this a positive or negative post 

Just something I noticed tbh. Not the language I particularly identify with but the football he delivered today I certainly can tbf. Hopefully nobody else needs further explanation.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Tbf he also said a few times. I know people will get bored of me saying it. He can say what he wants if we keep playing like that 

Agreed.

57 minutes ago, spudski said:

He can talk in Sanskrit and howl at the moon..............if he continues to produce results like today?     Merry Xmas to all at OTIB

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So your criticism is that the average man in the street doesn't know the difference between the two things, so he should compound their ignorance by pandering to them? 

It's the over use of a term that's not regularly used in day to day talk. 

In the same way ' box entries' was used by LJ...then used against him. 

There is a whole bunch of info in coaching, on creating a language to be used by players and coaches alike within a club. And reasons for it. Creating positives. 

Using that language when conveying with the public is different as it can lead to negatives. A mix is best, especially to underline certain coaching phrases. 

That's also instructed to coaches whilst developing. 

It will do him no favours long term when things turn for the worst, which will happen, as it does with all coaches at some point. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not at all. Manning totally outclassed his opposite number today in terms of tactical set up. Absolutely wiped the floor with Ismael. I also pointed out that performances have improved in each of the last two games over the preceding game. No mentions of whether previous managers would or wouldn’t have achieved that. Very simple to do……..

Delighted with what Manning delivered today and long may it continue.

It is very simple to do, which is why it's weird that you're hypocritical over it, and why you won't find me doing it.

You haven't directly done it in this post, but there's been enough comparisons between the 2s interview styles that your active serlarching for something to dig at is indirectly point scoring.

A more subtle way, but you're still doing it.