IGNORED

7 in 7

Numero Uno

1 minute ago, transfer reader said:

It is very simple to do, which is why it's weird that you're hypocritical over it, and why you won't find me doing it.

You haven't directly done it in this post, but there's been enough comparisons between the 2s interview styles that your active serlarching for something to dig at is indirectly point scoring.

A more subtle way, but you're still doing it.

I think you are being extremely defensive tbh. LM has used this term in every post-match interview to the point that he’s even aware of it HIMSELF. It’s unusual. Not every poster on here holds massively polarised views. You don’t need to defend him against everything.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I think you are being extremely defensive tbh. LM has used this term in every post-match interview to the point that he’s even aware of it HIMSELF. It’s unusual. Not every poster on here holds massively polarised views. You don’t need to defend him against everything.

I don't defend him against everything, just the unnecessary sly bullshit.

Edited by transfer reader

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

There is no irony in that statement if you know what irony means. Have a good evening.

You got over sensitive about someone else's reply and resorted to abusing them.

Then you called me over sensitive for pointing out your sly jibes at Manning.

Shall I say hypocrisy instead?

But it is also irony, as your words would suggest you wouldn't be someone who is over sensitive about things, but your behaviour has contradicted that.

Edited by transfer reader
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Interestingly Nige used "box entries" in an interview, and barely anyone mentioned it. POMOs is a coaching term that's been around for at least 25 years. Yet LJ got absolutely slated for it as everyone thought it was some modern bullshit coaching terminology. It's still commonly used.

End of the day the manager/coaches post/pre-match interviews aren't there for our entertainment. 

You're probably similar to me in that I listened to every interview by Nige as I found the psychology he used interesting. I also listened to every SOD interview as I found his take on processes and coaching interesting.

Cotterill, LJ, and I can already tell with Manning, on the other hand...Will I listen to all their interviews?

No way. Is that a problem? No, their job is to entertain me on the pitch, not with soundbites. 

Manning is never going to give fascinating insight into his interviews, sooner people get used to that, the better. Results and performances on the pitch is what he should be judged on. 

Yes I agree. 

I guess it's the over use of a term, the fact people are picking up on it...and that Manning even noted it himself as being ' boring'. 

Seems we have the same likes in our managers interviews. 

Not judging the guy...just pointing out something that irritates and obviously does others. 

Keep on producing the results and performances. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spudski said:

It's the most irritating phrase he uses. Just say ******* ' attitude ' like normal people, rather than using phrases from the coaching manuals. 

Sadly as has been mentioned before...it's ingrained in his post match interviews. He has a list of phrases he uses over and over again.

Funnily he actually pulled himself up today after saying it, and said ' we'll probably get bored of hearing that'. 

I don't think I've watched one of his interviews yet, without stopping it before the end. 

It's mindless coaching phrases. 

I've also noticed he's got that damn annoying inflection in his voice that JL has...sounds like they are being choked. 

Can't fault the turn around and the way he's got them playing with results. 

But I can't listen to him. Bores and irritates sadly. 

Which is annoying for me, as I like to hear decent thought out reactions. 

Can't have it all I guess. 

Great result and performance. 

Yes much rather have NP having a nice drawn out and detailed explanation! Especially after probably dropping 8 of the points we just picked up🙈 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

• Admin
15 hours ago, spudski said:

I know...I've read the coaching manuals. 🤷

However...if you asked the average fan on the street what ' behaviors' meant in coaching terms, they'd put it under the same umbrella that includes a player's attitude. 

It's not a term that's used in everyday language. 

I've mentioned it before...it's fine when you're winning, but it will be another stick to beat him with when not doing well. 

As LJ and Ashton found out. 

The counter to that would be to ask if that would be patronising to dumb down the correct use age of language so the “average fan on the street” gets it?

Like you, I did enjoy that he was also self-aware enough to mock himself for his constant use of those words. Anything that shows his human side is welcomed.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Give it a rest.

You scorned NP lovers need to give it a rest. Trying to find any little detail to have a go at LM. I swear most of you would love to see him fail so much you wouldn’t mind city going down with him. Imagine Man City fans going I can’t deal with Pep’s spanish accent or when he is moody after dropping points. Embarrassing  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, Ian M said:

The counter to that would be to ask if that would be patronising to dumb down the correct use age of language so the “average fan on the street” gets it?

Like you, I did enjoy that he was also self-aware enough to mock himself for his constant use of those words. Anything that shows his human side is welcomed.

I don't see it as 'dumbing down'. 

Use layman's terms. 

Coaching has its own language for the players. Fans don't use it daily. 

Same with corporate talk, and law. 

3 hours ago, Ian M said:

I'd suggest someone had told him. Or he reads here :laugh:

19 hours ago, spudski said:

I know...I've read the coaching manuals. 🤷

However...if you asked the average fan on the street what ' behaviors' meant in coaching terms, they'd put it under the same umbrella that includes a player's attitude. 

It's not a term that's used in everyday language. 

I've mentioned it before...it's fine when you're winning, but it will be another stick to beat him with when not doing well. 

As LJ and Ashton found out. 

Seems like a bit of a stick to beat him with even when winning. 

13 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Seems like a bit of a stick to beat him with even when winning. 

It's not...I've explained in this thread the reason why. 

People will find anything to use when the going is bad. 

It's been picked up on. 

Personally I don't like it...but I can live with it. Just means I won't listen to his interviews so much. 

I'll think of this thread if he ever goes on a losing streak. 

24 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's not...I've explained in this thread the reason why. 

People will find anything to use when the going is bad. 

It's been picked up on. 

Personally I don't like it...but I can live with it. Just means I won't listen to his interviews so much. 

I'll think of this thread if he ever goes on a losing streak. 

It’s all ridiculously childish. 

20 hours ago, spudski said:

It's the most irritating phrase he uses. Just say ******* ' attitude ' like normal people, rather than using phrases from the coaching manuals. 

Sadly as has been mentioned before...it's ingrained in his post match interviews. He has a list of phrases he uses over and over again.

Funnily he actually pulled himself up today after saying it, and said ' we'll probably get bored of hearing that'. 

I don't think I've watched one of his interviews yet, without stopping it before the end. 

It's mindless coaching phrases. 

I've also noticed he's got that damn annoying inflection in his voice that JL has...sounds like they are being choked. 

Can't fault the turn around and the way he's got them playing with results. 

But I can't listen to him. Bores and irritates sadly. 

Which is annoying for me, as I like to hear decent thought out reactions. 

Can't have it all I guess. 

Great result and performance. 

I completely disagree with your " mindless coaching phrase" good behaviours is a fundamental in football and is clearly an important part of a liam manning side it's definitely not mindless what's mindless is this stupid threat tbh who cares what he says it's clearly doing the trick the guy has us 1 point off the playoffs and hasn't made 1 single signing of his own yet  give him a break 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by BCFC31

2 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

Manning also says ‘terrific’ a lot, but in the grand scheme of things, who really cares?

Here’s to a great 2024 for our reds!

And to whomever may read this, I’d like to wish you a happy new year!

COYR.

Oh NO!!! I hope he doesn't turn out to be a son of PULIS! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

You scorned NP lovers need to give it a rest. Trying to find any little detail to have a go at LM. I swear most of you would love to see him fail so much you wouldn’t mind city going down with him. Imagine Man City fans going I can’t deal with Pep’s spanish accent or when he is moody after dropping points. Embarrassing  

I've never had a go at Manning. I have nothing against HIM at all. 

But carry on with your little story...

6 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

Manning also says ‘terrific’ a lot, but in the grand scheme of things, who really cares?

Here’s to a great 2024 for our reds!

And to whomever may read this, I’d like to wish you a happy new year!

COYR.

I really don't like the way Manning keeps saying "right?" At the end of sentences. I haven't noticed him saying "terrific" but I'd be very happy if he said "terrific" in place of "right?"

That would work for me. 

1 hour ago, The dastardly red said:

I really don't like the way Manning keeps saying "right?" At the end of sentences. I haven't noticed him saying "terrific" but I'd be very happy if he said "terrific" in place of "right?"

That would work for me. 

That’s something I like.  All different aren’t we?

• Like 1