IGNORED

Rooney pulling out all the stops - Now Sacked

Silvio Dante

3 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

:laugh:. Circus of a club - hope they go down.

And I have zero time for Wayne Rooney. A total underachiever at big tournaments as a player. And his antics at WC 2010 I will never forget.

Not to forget his drunken behaviour, barging in on a wedding party whilst on England duty during Southgates first get together.

Job for Lampard 

46 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

But is really 15 weeks long enough for any new manager to change any thing ?. And was they not doing on before Rooney started. Are we due another manager change after Millwall.

Oh I don’t know about that. In 15 games he seems to have transformed the Birmingham team under Eustace that outplayed us in August into a useless relegation-threatened joke. I would suggest that’s quite some change!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Oh I don’t know about that. In 15 games he seems to have transformed the Birmingham team under Eustace that outplayed us in August into a useless relegation-threatened joke. I would suggest that’s quite some change!

Who we looked poor against as a comparison

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Indeed - man management skills are as essential as tactical nouse.

From what I’ve seen of Rooney in various tv programs and other media he’s doesn’t strike me as someone I’d pay much attention to.

Pearson said that the City job would be his last in football 

I genuinely think he’s got the makings of a decent manager, but he’s done poorly at Brum, that you wonder where his next chance will be.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

After 15 games in charge 

What is it about top former England players can’t seem to be a successful manger?

Im thinking Gerrard and Lampard in particular 

I'm thinking Bobby Charlton and Bobby Moore.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Tony Adams, Paul Ince, Sol Campbell, Alan Shearer

9 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Tony Adams, Paul Ince, Sol Campbell, Alan Shearer

• Like 1

In effect that means the impact on FFP is zero because if Rooney doesn't take a payoff it is a free hit in a way..save for any additional costs of sacking Eustace, and 2 months of Rooney and staff wage differential.

Either that or gross misconduct which can also mean zero.. :whistle2:

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Whilst on the face of it I’d agree, but what’s to say that Birmingham didn’t simply revert to type? 
We saw Preston have a record breaking start to the season and they’ve suddenly gone 2-1-7 in the last 10. 
Rooney is 2-3-5 (ie better than PNE). 

Lowe is still at Preston presiding over the worsening results. What’s to say Eustace wouldn’t have also slid off? We’ll never know. 

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Whilst on the face of it I’d agree, but what’s to say that Birmingham didn’t simply revert to type? 
We saw Preston have a record breaking start to the season and they’ve suddenly gone 2-1-7 in the last 10. 
Rooney is 2-3-5 (ie better than PNE). 

Lowe is still at Preston presiding over the worsening results. What’s to say Eustace wouldn’t have also slid off? We’ll never know. 

Not sure he'd have done quite as badly. May not have gained 1 point from home games v Rotherham and Stoke e.g... they were strong at home under Eustace.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not sure he'd have done quite as badly. May not have gained 1 point from home games v Rotherham and Stoke e.g... they were strong at home under Eustace.

But so were Preston during the same period Brum under Eustace were good. 
???