IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Mehmeti has morphed into Pre-Manning Mehmeti 

You mean he is playing like Mehmeti, he has not changed at all. Just had more game time. Same errors and decision-making, always cutting inside onto his right.. He was doing the same at Watford, but it was masked by scoring a goal. A lot of work still to be done with him. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BS3_RED said:

Can someone tell Stkes that you are allowed to take the full back on once in a while. 

He's being hampered by the fact he's stood almost man to man, Tanner needs to overlap more. The threat of it would force a cover and eliminate the 1v2 doubling up.

Meanwhile TGH needs to get closer to Anis when latter cuts in. No option when he cut inside to another 2v1 towards the latter end of that half.

Small issues are accumulating to a very mediocre performance. Sloppy passes, too casual.

• Like 1

Think we’ve controlled the game without having any real cutting edge. That said, if Mehmeti scores one of his two very good chances we’d all be describing it as the perfect away performance so far.

I’ve not seen us much under Manning so far - we seem more patient in and out of possession and less aggressive in and out of possession.

Not saying one is better than the other, but that would be my observation at a very basic level.

58 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Why is that funny @REDOXO? Do you not think that the way we’re playing at the moment suits Wells more? 

I think we have a lot of games over a short period and ConwAy needs a rest. 

We are a lot more intent on possession today. Does that suit Wells more, I don’t know. However when we start to really stretch them we will see what happens. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

I've watched dull football in my time ...but my goodness. 

It feels like we can win this but we need to change something. 

Not sure about Max not launching it once. I know his kicking isn't incredible but surely mixing in one or two launches might at least make the opponent think?

Not awful, but pretty flat and uninspiring imo.

We need Bell and Conway on for their pace . Nahki’s been passive so far . The game’s there for the taking if we’re brave ! 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Clear to see that we’re not a team that thrives on possession . We’ve beaten 3 attacking teams who were trying to win the game in recent weeks and Brums nervousness and lack of ambition seems to have stumped us ! 

That’s been the case when sides have come to AG and sat in. Just need to move the ball that bit quicker…

Well, I'd say controlled, but a bit dull. Not helped by a pretty terrible atmosphere. We've had some okay chances mostly through crosses from Sykes. A few lazy passes here and there would like us to sharpen up a bit. 

Side note - interesting to see the difference between Wells and TC. To me, Wells seems to occupy defenders/make space by sitting a little deeper and pressing hard. Where as TC seems to occupy defenders more with his positioning, and moving them around.

First half reflections.

45 minutes of poor quality football, which was sloppy, stuttering, and frustrating.

Their press has made us look uncomfortable at the back on numerous occasions, And so far key players in the attacking third have been uninspiring, AM should of at least hit the target with his header on the edge of the 6 yard box.

Knight, Memheti and Sykes, the players who often spark a bit of creativity, have been found wanting so far.

Feels to me like we need to get the ball out wide quicker and more often so that Memheti and Sykes can really attack down the wings.

Plenty for LM to focus on in his halftime talk, we can play much much better than this as we showed last time out.

• Like 1