IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

Very disappointing.

That crap at the end from Pring once again brainlessly hoofing it over the bar sums up where we are with the team/squad in terms of quality.

The only players who played with some guts were Williams and Dickie - it didn't always come off for them, but at least they were brave on the ball unlike most of their team mates. 

Be interesting to hear what LM has to say.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Facepalm 2

Taking a positive viewpoint.

If, before Christmas, someone had said that we'd come away from away games at a very in form Watford and fighting for their lives Birmingham, with a 4-1 win and a dull 0-0 we'd have taken that..

It's that the results were the "wrong" way around that makes it seem frustrating.

• Like 12

It was never going to be easy with them desperate for a result and us always struggling against them, but that was disappointing.  Just not up to recent levels and they worked really hard to close us down while keeping men back and not over committing. 

What made it worse , I watched it on a Firestick that only show the team we are playing's feed :facepalm:

Maybe 6s or 7s where recently it's been 7s or 8s and tonight we had no real penetration into the final 3rd. 
With Brum sitting a little , TGH & Williams coming deeper to get the ball we didn't find the pockets as well as we have done.  Still , a point on the road and if we can get 3 v Millwall I'll be more than happy with this run.
We do need to find a way to beat teams that aren't as ambitious as the likes of Sunderland etc.  Without being great I thought we were ok first half, probed and prodded , created a couple of chances and could have been a goal or up. 2nd half , until later when the game opened up a little, I though we were a bit pedestrian . Never caused enough problems and didn't switch play quickly or well enough. 
No shots on target tells a tale , but there we more signs of getting nearer the possession side that Manning wants. I said February to see how we have progressed under Manning and I think we may have games like this in the mean time. 

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Very disappointing.

That crap at the end from Pring once again brainlessly hoofing it over the bar sums up where we are with the team/squad in terms of quality.

The only players who played with some guts were Williams and Dickie - it didn't always come off for them, but at least they were brave on the ball unlike most of their team mates. 

I reckon you might hear the word behaviour in his little summary 🙈😂

Just now, downendcity said:

If, before Christmas, someone had said that we'd come away from away games at a very in form Watford and fighting for their lives Birmingham, with a 4-1 win and a dull 0-0 we'd have taken that..

It's that the results were the "wrong" way around that makes it seem frustrating.

But also it better serves a push for the Play offs for us to take 3 points from a potential rival for a top 6 spot and only draw with relegation battlers rather than the other way around, even if no shots on target feels a bit frustrating 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It was never going to be easy with them desperate for a result and us always struggling against them, but that was disappointing.  Just not up to recent levels and they worked really hard to close us down while keeping men back and not over committing. 

What made it worse , I watched it on a Firestick that only show the team we are playing's feed :facepalm:

Maybe 6s or 7s where recently it's been 7s or 8s and tonight we had no real penetration into the final 3rd. 
With Brum sitting a little , TGH & Williams coming deeper to get the ball we didn't find the pockets as well as we have done.  Still , a point on the road and if we can get 3 v Millwall I'll be more than happy with this run.
We do need to find a way to beat teams that aren't as ambitious as the likes of Sunderland etc.  Without being great I thought we were ok first half, probed and prodded , created a couple of chances and could have been a goal or up. 2nd half , until later when the game opened up a little, I though we were a bit pedestrian . Never caused enough problems and didn't switch play quickly or well enough. 
No shots on target tells a tale , but there we more signs of getting nearer the possession side that Manning wants. I said February to see how we have progressed under Manning and I think we may have games like this in the mean time. 

I watched the same feed and was quite surprised how complimentary the commentators were about us.

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

P.S.

The other positive is that in many previous season's,  after 3 great results and against a struggling team, we'd manage a poor performance and then contrive to lost the game at the death. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Very disappointing.

I'm guessing it will be completely different to your view.

3 minutes ago, Paul G said:

I watched the same feed and was quite surprised how complimentary the commentators were about us.

I just hate that slight commentary bias and prefer it in our favour ;) , TBF I thought the co coms was pretty fair most of the time. I even put Radio Bristol on, but as it was on a real Radio it was out of sync .

• Like 1

Teams have played a lot of football, and those at the bottom digging in for anything. Ipswich 0-0 at home to QPR, Rotherham a point v Sunderland and Sheff Wed a win at Preston.

Not great today against a side determ8ned at home to grind out some kind of result, just lacked a spot of quality 

Not sure Millwall, who have found a little form, will be any easier, but one game at a time I guess. Four unbeaten.

• Like 1

This won't be the most popular of my all-time posts, but I thought the referee was decent. I like a ref that just waves most things away and keeps the game flowing and that's what he did. We got away with a few lunges too which I liked.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Name one Championship club that play well in every game?

The one at the top, clearly!

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1