IGNORED

Millwall at home match thread

Would Williams have dared to do that under Nige?  I very much doubt it.

Indiscipline like that is a very poor sign

To prove he isn’t football’s equivalent of the Prime Minister, Manning needs to fine Williams and drop him until he can get his attitude right.  If he doesn’t know how, just phone down to Somerset

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 2
1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Yes. Yes yes. Front foot football from minute bloody one. Wasn’t that the promise. FFS 🤦‍♀️ WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX. 

But Tinnion never defined what front foot actually means so he will doubtless claim it is what we are doing.

Much like Jon saying we had a top end squad then telling the Senior Reds that 10th would be success.

It's hard to tell if they are lying or just don't have a clue but the effect is the same either way.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 4
1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Just a typical game against Millwall. To big and strong for our lightweights. 

Except we’ve already beaten them this season… the difference is that they’ve changed their manager and we’ve changed ours..

• Like 1

We haven't one player that can ignite a game, we haven't one player that we can honestly get excited about coming off the bench. We lack so much quality. Name one player that can go past someone with regularity, that is what drags players out of position and puts them on the back foot. Very frustrating 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

First half ok - see what we are trying to do, some sort of style, work in progress.

Second half abysmal. Worst I've seen in a long time - though I don't get to many. Best attacking moment was winning a corner that we then whacked straight out for a throw in.

Williams was bloody stupid in the last minute. One huge disappointment for me was the so called singing section which I moved to after HT - no atmosphere because they're all singing different songs! Stupid songs about our subs. We needed a huge wall of come on you reds. Only time they made some noise was when joe Williams started a pointless fight that wasted time and wil probably see us fined. Brilliant. 

Back down to earth with a bump. Just so frustrating. 

6 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Good results against teams like Sunderland, Hull, and Watford become slightly meaningless when you keep dropping points to teams like QPR, Huddersfield, B'ham, and Millwall.

Classic City!

Sunderland, Watford and Hull play attacking football which leads to an open game. The Likes of Birmingham and Millwall don't play that way and we struggle badly to create anything against teams like that.

We have a hard working squad but sadly the quality in the final third isn't there (but we knew that anyway). There will be bumps in the road like today but i'm still hopeful that once Manning has added a few of his own players to the group, that we can develop a more fluent attacking game.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wheretheheartis said:

We haven't one player that can ignite a game, we haven't one player that we can honestly get excited about coming off the bench. We lack so much quality. Name one player that can go past someone with regularity, that is what drags players out of position and puts them on the back foot. Very frustrating 

We sold both of them.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, George Rs said:

A striker is an absolute most imo, need a talk physical striker for games like this. And an attacking midfielder. 

Have no answer for a teams low block whatsoever. 

We needed a striker in the summer but whatever money we had went elsewhere, for me we needed a striker more than anything, hopefully Manning can pull some rabbits out of the hat in this month’s transfer window

1 minute ago, wheretheheartis said:

He's gotta bring a few in this window 🤞

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Just a typical game against Millwall. To big and strong for our lightweights. 

Very untypical Millwall performance, other than having 2 experienced CBs who’ve played together for years, who managed Conway out of the game, plus the tactical genius idea of lumping the ball upfield to them when Millwall more or less nullified all our attacking threats, which let’s face it weren’t all that.

2 minutes ago, wheretheheartis said:

Yeboah can do that, I know he is ruff and ready, but he has REAL pace and strength and I don't get why LM will not use him as an impact sub. Was being given a good chance by NP.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

We needed a striker in the summer but whatever money we had went elsewhere, for me we needed a striker more than anything, hopefully Manning can pull some rabbits out of the hat in this month’s transfer window

If he is allowed to.  Non league goals scorers won’t cut the custard 

1 minute ago, Edgy Red said:

Sunderland, Watford and Hull play attacking football which leads to an open game. The Likes of Birmingham and Millwall don't play that way and we struggle badly to create anything against teams like that.

We have a hard working squad but sadly the quality in the final third isn't there (but we knew that anyway). There will be bumps in the road like today but i'm still hopeful that once Manning has added a few of his own players to the group, that we can develop a more fluent attacking game.

100%. Not the first time we’ve been here. Manning needs backing by the hierarchy and by backing I mean adding some quality at this level not shopping at ******* Oxford……..

• Like 3

Soo boring dealing with this middle of the road midtable shit for a decade with a single moment once every 3 years to get excited about.

If we don’t spend some cash in January I don’t know if I’ll bother keeping track of games. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Good results against teams like Sunderland, Hull, and Watford become slightly meaningless when you keep dropping points to teams like QPR, Huddersfield, B'ham, and Millwall.

Classic City!

It doesn’t make them meaningless, because if you lose them too you end up relegated.

I know no one wants to hear balance or perspective right now, but this is the Championship. The margins between most teams are fractional, which means you win games you might expect to lose and lose games you might expect to win.

So we didn’t play well today. But it’s a first defeat in five, and we don’t need to instantly dismiss a play off push off the back of one result against Millwall when we’re only 4 points away with 60 points still to play for - any more than we should suddenly assume we’re going to Wembley after an excellent win away at Watford.

Neither does it mean Manning is suddenly hopeless again, when he was Guardiola a few days ago.

Let’s at least try to keep some perspective on where we are. We are a midtable team doing midtable things. We will play poorly again and we will play well again. But the last few weeks have offered some encouragement and one poor result doesn’t undo all of that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

A very frustrating watch we are just unable to unlock a team that parks the bus.We are lightweight in the tackle devoid of an ideas going forward. Messing around at the back and overall just too slow. No punch or grit in the midfield. We need something in the transfer window 

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

But Tinnion never defined what front foot actually means so he will doubtless claim it is what we are doing.

Much like Jon saying we had a top end squad then telling the Senior Reds that 10th would be success.

It's hard to tell if they are lying or just don't have a clue but the effect is the same either way.

Last paragraph I would say both failings.

Manning will stand or fall despite those two I think hes on his own.

The most Bristol City performance and result ever 

Said it on here earlier this afternoon - the sort of game we always struggle against. That really was a terrible performnce 

At least it stops all this nonsense talk of play-off pushes etc 

We are no where near good enough to challenge for top 6

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, George Rs said:

A striker is an absolute most imo, need a talk physical striker for games like this. And an attacking midfielder. 

Have no answer for a teams low block whatsoever. 

There’s a bloke called Martin in league 1 knocking a few in and a bloke called szmodics at Blackburn who’s scored a few , just saying 👀

1 minute ago, hertsexile said:

A very frustrating watch we are just unable to unlock a team that parks the bus.We are lightweight in the tackle devoid of an ideas going forward. Messing around at the back and overall just too slow. No punch or grit in the midfield. We need something in the transfer window 

Second half Millwall bossed it. Yet again a manager blocks off Rib Dickie and we have no response, that’s the nuts and bolts of it.

• Like 3