IGNORED

Joe Williams

GrahamC

14 minutes ago, tin said:

Outstanding assist for the goal. I love a drilled, accurate pass like that. 

A touch of class about that pass. Excellent technique in threading the ball through nice and quickly.

I don't know if it's a rational feeling or not, but I get David Noble vibes from Joe Williams sometimes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He said back in December, maybe even November, that he loves the club & the area, and really wants to get a new contract. 

It’s one thing to publicly say it, it’s another thing to play like a man possessed to then prove that you really meant it. 

Fair play to him. Have even more respect for him than I did beforehand. 

Williams is now 100% fit and is able to produce impressive performances on a regular basis and I agree that he should be starter in every game alongside TGH or James.

I posted before that imo James/Williams play in a similar fashion whilst TGH proves more variety with a different style for the opposition to cope with. It’s very helpful for Manning to have three quality midfielders to fill two places.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Maybe I’m being harsh here but I hope he’s not putting out performances like this because he knows there might be a contract around the corner…

My guess would be that he has only now fully recovered his full match fitness after two/three years of injuries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChubStixx said:

A touch of class about that pass. Excellent technique in threading the ball through nice and quickly.

I don't know if it's a rational feeling or not, but I get David Noble vibes from Joe Williams sometimes.

Woahh, steady there... we've all had a drink... 😆 

Really like Joe Williams, like most players, he really benefits from a run of games but I think with all his injury issues, it’s even more important for him. 

If we do sign an Attacking Midfielder this month, who drops out? I assume Knight will play deeper so potentially leaves one place between Joe Williams, Matty James and TGH!!

I admit I wrote him off slightly in the summer - in terms of being a ‘top 6’ player for us, more a squad filler who might struggle with injuries. 

Very happy he’s having this purple patch and staying fit. Let’s hope it stays that way! 

One of a few players whose levels appear to be going up under Manning which is also very positive.