IGNORED

Name a worse city game than that…

23 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

**** me most of you should have been goin 80-83.....

More recently nearly every game under Pulis circa 1999 was awful.

Today was poor but the lack of perspective is embarrassing.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Losing at home to Sheffield United under SOD. Proper miserable. 

Today has reminded me of one of my favourite songs though…

Was that the one where we managed to lose a game when neither side had a shot on target (Flint og)??

Yes, we’ve had plenty worse than today. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Brum at home this year was as bad if not worse.

I know we cannot slander the almighty NP but that and Brum away 3-0 were up there with today. 

I will die in a ditch that Brum (h) this season wasn’t as bad as lots claim.  We basically started the opening 5-10 sloppy, then controlled the game until injury time when we conceded, to go in 1-0 up.  We built momentum second half, Dickie got a second yellow, and we still almost created an equaliser before they scored on the counter.

Just now, italian dave said:

Was that the one where we managed to lose a game when neither side had a shot on target (Flint og)??

Yes, we’ve had plenty worse than today. 

Bradford, Carey own goal the last defeat in GJ’s run, didn’t have a shot and won 1-0😂

28 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

Wasn't out goalkeeper at the time doing the same? He was beaten by a chip from just inside our own half if my memory serves me right. 

I can’t remember, I was chatting to my friend about the fireworks 😂

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One particularly terrible one that sticks in the mind was Swindon at home in the League Cup in 2011.

We looked so poor, in possession and flat in general.

That was terrible. Against a side two leagues below us.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Christ this place is a mess after a defeat.

It's not even the worst this season FFS.

It wasn't the defeat, more the mind numbingly back footed display (or whatever the opposite of front footed is). 

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If the same game, Brighton. O'Donnell chipped.

Don't think that was quite as bad..we started strong, the crowd was up under the lights and had Tomlin scored his great early chance the game could've changed dramatically.

I remember a Brighton game where we passed it sideways all game? I remember the low level murmuring of the crowd and fireworks. We were sat in the Atyeo so could watch the planes coming into land at Lulsgate.

I can remember another game where we had like 18 corners but still didn’t think we’d score from any of them 😂

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don't think that was quite as bad..we started strong, the crowd was up under the lights and had Tomlin scored his great early chance the game could've changed dramatically.

This was before Tomlin and O’Donnell. I’m sure the game oD was chipped, I was sat in South Stand ?

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Manning has been winning me round in recent weeks, which is natural given the results. Still find the football a bit boring, but everyone will have their own opinion.

So this isn’t a dig at him, but can you name a worse city game than what we witnessed today? Everything from performance to atmosphere and even the weather was just completely not there today. It has to be the one of, if it the worse, days at football for a long long time.

Bristol city 0 Cardiff 6

Today was poor but worse ever, come on…

• Like 4

Agree with the comments that suggest Birmingham, today wasn’t even the worst this season. I’ve never seen a worse example of “getting the basic wrong” than that Birmingham game. Over/hit passes, short passes, mis-controlled passes going into touch (Sykes, who is probably our best player this year, did it three times, let alone the rest of the team). 

51 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Away at port Vale in 04

Think we were 3-0 down at half time

I'd imagine there's a load more 😂

If it's the game I'm thinking of, that was prime Tinnion management, he'd called out the team from the prior week put a load of kids in and promptly got spanked. It was a pretty disgraceful game.

1 minute ago, kit said:

If it's the game I'm thinking of, that was prime Tinnion management, he'd called out the team from the prior week put a load of kids in and promptly got spanked. It was a pretty disgraceful game.

Yeah thats it we were all singing going down with the rovers 😂

This one one of the most horrendous games I ever watched outside amateur football. It was a disgrace of a game and I don't know what kept me wasting 90 minutes from this special day watching this. I feel sorry for the spectators from Ashton Gate.

3 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the 2nd May 1990 at Twerton. 

Don't get any worst than that. Full stop

We lost there 4-0 in December 92, we were even worse, Dziekanowski allegedly “played” in that game.

Reality is he stood around for 90 minutes watching Gary Shelton try to tackle 3 opponents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also remeber a couple of back to back beatings under Wilson, maybe colchester and Bournemouth, 4 nils or similar, I also remember a big loss at peterborough in the same season.

Blackpool away where we needed to win to make the play offs and promptly got spanked by 5 or so.

The more I think about it wilson did serve up some absolute garbage at times that was way worse than today as bad as it was.

59 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I remember a bonfire night game probably under SoD, where the fans were chatting amongst themselves and watching the fireworks?

Crawley I think. We actually won two nil but it sticks in my mind.  Remember sitting in the Atyeo watching the fireworks. Remember losing to Leicester when I think McInnes was in charge and some one about half a dozen rows down just read a book for the whole game! 🤣

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The game that O Donnell got chipped from the half way line Brighton were by far the better side in the first half, looked dangerous every time they attacked. 2nd half they just sat back and  just mopped up every attack we made.

I wasn’t shocked to see them go up that season.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The game that O Donnell got chipped from the half way line Brighton were by far the better side in the first half, looked dangerous every time they attacked. 2nd half they just sat back and  just mopped up every attack we made.

I wasn’t shocked to see them go up that season.

They were better but Hughton ball can be quite counter attacking too..had we ie Tomlin put us ahead as he should, well maybe their greater quality would have told but the dynamic would have changed and the crowd would have been more up for it etc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

Crawley I think. We actually won two nil but it sticks in my mind.  Remember sitting in the Atyeo watching the fireworks. Remember losing to Leicester when I think McInnes was in charge and some one about half a dozen rows down just read a book for the whole game! 🤣

Yeah 2-0 Crawley was Bonfire Night 2013.

That result was a bit of an upset as well, only our second win of the season. **** me 2013 was shit.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1