IGNORED

Sykes update

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

And we’ve all seen this script before. 

Nothing major, 2 weeks tops, oh wait sorry he’s just picked up an unrelated injury as part of his rehab. Unrelated i tell you, unrelated!!!

Didn't they describe Atkinsons set back as a minor setback? 

And now it appears he's completely vanished. 

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

One of my favourite records back in the 1960s, and certainly one of my favourite groups.

I used to love Tamla Motown.

I still love Tamla Motown - so many magnificent songwriters and artists. Many classic songs.. Berry Gordy’s gift to the world.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A few weeks, each to their own I've taken to mean about 4.

Preston Away, Watford Home, Coventry Away and maybe Leeds Home?

Plus West Ham away of course.

Let's hope my view of a few weeks is too high.

Yup, a couple of weeks to me means 2 or possibly 3. A few weeks is at least 5

• Like 1

12 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

His minutes were being managed for a reason.  Thankfully will only miss a couple of games.  

I'm not sure the intention was to hook him off after 5 minutes on the pitch. I think he was probably carrying a bit of a "tweak" to use Manning's words when he went on but rather than being able to play through it, the condition deteriorated and it soon became clear to him he couldn't continue.

No blame attached to anyone for that. Sports injuries are not a predictable science. 

3 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Why the hell is the football league adding that game in between boxing day and new years day,,  this is what happens!

We've always had 4 games over Christmas. Always had a game between boxing day and new years day. 

No different to playing 2 midweek games in a row, but managers will trot it out as an excuse. 

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Even if accurate, missing Sykes for a few weeks is another blow to a thin squad.

Agree....he tends to grab a game by the scruff of the neck at times and create a few chances....

At least we'll have all the new players that we will be buying....😙

16 hours ago, Southport Red said:

A ‘small tweak’ and yet he’ll be out for weeks?

was Ayman’s injury a mid-sized, or even large ‘tweak’ then?

surely ‘tweak’ is one week or even less out?

He was back then got another set back, Manning said he would be out for a lot longer. 

In terms of value for money, Sykes must have been one of our best signings for a long time.

Free transfer from League 1, fantastic piece of business and our most consistent player this year in my opinion. Think he's going to be a real miss next few weeks and hope he comes back soon!

Be interested to see what happens now, Weimann isn't working out there and needs to be in the middle but Manning is persisting with this Inverted winger stuff. Personally would give Bell a go on the right, if Manning wants to play with one winger wide and one tucking in then let Mehmeti come in and influence the game and have Pring bomb on. We've looked so unbalanced with Weimann coming inside and Tanner not utilising the space there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm not sure the intention was to hook him off after 5 minutes on the pitch. I think he was probably carrying a bit of a "tweak" to use Manning's words when he went on but rather than being able to play through it, the condition deteriorated and it soon became clear to him he couldn't continue.

No blame attached to anyone for that. Sports injuries are not a predictable science. 

No but they can estimate how susceptible someone is to getting injured. ‘Red zone’ is often talked about. Sykes must have been in or close to that zone hence him being hooked after 65 mins a lot.  Rather than the ‘Manning is clueless as he brings off Sykes’ nonsense 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Yup, a couple of weeks to me means 2 or possibly 3. A few weeks is at least 5

A few weeks means several to me, i.e. more than 2, probably 3, but 4 at the very most.

5 is more than 'a few' afaic.

• Like 3