IGNORED

Sykes update

13 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

Nothing major and nothing that's of huge concern

Except he's our best attacking player of late and we can't seem to score without him

And we’ve all seen this script before. 

Nothing major, 2 weeks tops, oh wait sorry he’s just picked up an unrelated injury as part of his rehab. Unrelated i tell you, unrelated!!!

• Haha 1

In light of this injury, we need one of two things:

Either Andi Weimann rediscovers his peak form and fitness...

Or Murphy turns put to be the wonderkid we all dream of him being.

If both happen, we're going up.

When neither happen, we're screwed.

• Like 1

Interesting to know if it’s something that was already a risk, hence why he didn’t start - and if so did we panic and risk him?

As others said “a small tweak” is something that stops you for a day or two, or makes you cut a session short. It’s not usually how you describe something that’s sidelining you for weeks

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I anticipate the neither and a slow but inevitable drift to midtable.

Now in fairness many maybe would have anticipated midtable in any event but I expect the next few months to be underwhelming.

💤

Well we already are mid table so let's say lower mid!

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Interesting to know if it’s something that was already a risk, hence why he didn’t start - and if so did we panic and risk him?

As others said “a small tweak” is something that stops you for a day or two, or makes you cut a session short. It’s not usually how you describe something that’s sidelining you for weeks

Definitely. We played Weimann despite a heel injury first game and surprise surprise the injury got worse...

It's a blow to be sure. I don't know that we'll have the ball enough to learn much v West Ham, but it might give Liam a push into trying something different (than how we set us v Millwall). Maybe two up top? Withdraw Knight a bit? I dunno, but sometimes there is opportunity in adversity: Bobby Reid as a striker? You know, that sort of thing.

• Like 2

Think it was pretty obvious by the fact he kicked the ball off the pitch to go off he’d done something that would rule him out for a while.

At least it has happened when the fixtures have massively thinned out & if it really is only a few weeks he might miss just 2 league games.

None of them are effective there but we do have Weimann & Bell who can play wide & both Yeboah & Nelson too, though neither are anywhere near ready to start games in my opinion.

31 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It's a blow to be sure. I don't know that we'll have the ball enough to learn much v West Ham, but it might give Liam a push into trying something different (than how we set us v Millwall). Maybe two up top? Withdraw Knight a bit? I dunno, but sometimes there is opportunity in adversity: Bobby Reid as a striker? You know, that sort of thing.

Great minds! (Or fools!)

36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A few weeks, each to their own I've taken to mean about 4.

Preston Away, Watford Home, Coventry Away and maybe Leeds Home?

Plus West Ham away of course.

Let's hope my view of a few weeks is too high.

When we win on Sunday, at least we won’t have to play the Cov away, league game at the end of Jan🤞

• Like 1