IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

Biggest plus I can take from this so far is our press, we've had them panicked a few times on the ball because of well times pressing trains, you can see us getting better at it and to see it working at times against a Premier League team shows we are learning new things. 
Our final third quality is still the main issue, we lack creativity in that final third that creates better quality chances in better positions.

• Like 5
Just now, old_eastender said:

well read Max, charging out

Not really relevant but this is why I rate Max, he makes those kinds of decisions very quickly. We lacked that with Bentley, he put too much stock in his shot stopping because it was his strength so he didn't claim the ball as much, didn't stand high in his box to be in position to make those charges etc. A lot of Max's qualities get overlooked.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

Corner City right.

Just now, bexhill reds said:

Got to be honest we’re looking like National league team here for the day out…. Distinctly average this far, not sure we even have a midfield right now the way the West Ham are cutting through it. 

Absolute rubbish.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Got to be honest we’re looking like National league team here for the day out…. Distinctly average thus far, not sure we even have a midfield right now the way the West Ham are cutting through it. 

Totally disagree, well for first 5 mins maybe when we were all over the place and couldn't string 2 passes together, but since then we have showed well and are certainly still in this.

Edited by old_eastender
  • Like 8
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Got to be honest we’re looking like National league team here for the day out…. Distinctly average this far, not sure we even have a midfield right now the way the West Ham are cutting through it. 

Really? I thought we are putting in a good shift. Pressing well and moving about the field. Different perspectives I suppose!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

We're looking like a championship team playing the team 6th in the Premiership with about £100m of talent in their midfield...

Hear, hear.

1 minute ago, Red Ferret said:

Anyone got a knackered stream or just me?

No, I'm usually up at least 3 times a night. Oh, you meant...

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Got to be honest we’re looking like National league team here for the day out…. Distinctly average thus far, not sure we even have a midfield right now the way the West Ham are cutting through it. 

Sorry but you're so far off the mark, cut out the first 5 minutes and it's been a very even game, we started looking very weak but since that we've very much come into the game and battled hard. If losing 1-0 at half time to a strong Premier League team and fighting hard is not good enough for you I don't think we'll ever be able to please you.

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Embarrassing.

Probably like the moron shouting “who are you” at Ogbonna when he came on.

He’s played for Italy, you *****.

• Haha 1