IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

Cracking cup tie

Cracking second half, especially the opening 25 mins where we’re not just controlled with safe possession, but got at them and looked a real threat.

Joe Williams my MOTM, looked so at home against PL opponents after the opening 10 mins, and he put them under so much pressure.  What a pass, tekkers!

Cam Pring not far behind against a top, top, player in Bowen.

O’Leary made some great save, the one with an instinctive hand going the wrong way was probably crucial, as we settled after that.

Thought Conway came alive in last 10 mins of first half, and he took his chance very well.

Nobody played poorly today.

Safe travels all of you, gutted I couldn’t travel today as Joe still unwell.

+++++

Think ticket prices will have already been agreed, so ought to be the same…think they’re agreed per tie, not on a game by game basis.

• Like 19
20 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Rovers fans thinking it would be them v Norwich

Unlucky da Gas 🤣

Yes did look like the best fixture of a bad bunch too...

I mean the TV guys were probably hoping Chesterfield would hang on for a draw at least v us.

20 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

The heart bleeds for them, surely you would consider a possible replay before booking such things (not saying its arrogance on their part, just not good planning)

Right in the middle of their winter break (presumably us plebs don't count...) too.

Excellent change for you to win the replay.

27 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The support today was fantastic

I was stuck with the West Ham fans and barely heard a peep whereas we were on it throughout the game 

Presumably they told you how we're their second favourite club and we deserve to be in the Champions League 😂

A day to be really proud of our club

Well done Liam Manning , set us up spot on and some tweaks in game helped 

Players - tremendous , we have an honest squad , great spirit and some ability around too 

but accolade of the day to every red who made it to the London Stadium - Absolutely Brilliant 👏 👏👏

• Like 15
  • Robin 1
Just now, Curr Avon said:

Its a simple wall pass from Knight to Williams, and Tommy is on the move as soon as Joe strikes it. The run and execution from Conway is superb. Love to see more goals like that.

Yes , it does look as though those finishing drills in the week were indeed .... unnecessary 

😙

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Saw Pring and Bowen having a chat when there was a break in play and occurred to me they probably know each other from when Pring was at Cheltenham and Bowen at Hereford. 

Cheltenham young uns train a lot in Hereford, for some reason. Their paths must have crossed. 

Cam played for Hereford too…not at the same time admittedly.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'm not 100% convinced it was meant but that is the most delicious pass from a Bristol City centre midfielder not called Scott in years 

He meant it.  It’s the kind of attempted pass that means Williams gets groans when it goes straight to an opponent or through to the keeper.

23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not bad for a National league team eh Bexhill?!

Much better second half. I perhaps should have put my original post in some context as I might have unwittingly triggered the forum…

The 2nd half performance was up there with the best I’ve seen this season, the first half not so. West Ham won’t be looking forward to the replay.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Its a simple wall pass from Knight to Williams, and Tommy is on the move as soon as Joe strikes it. The run and execution from Conway is superb. Love to see more goals like that.

This goal highlights the fact that we are usually trying to attack via the wings without a big striker.

We are not using the pace of our main striker.

A subtle change in tactics in future?

• Like 4

On the way home now. That goal from Tommy and the singing and bouncing that followed (and went off pretty much throughout) was utterly intense and overwhelming.. Almost worth the world's worst train journey. Wish everyone luck getting home. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 4