IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Much better second half. I perhaps should have put my original post in some context as I might have unwittingly triggered the forum…

The 2nd half performance was up there with the best I’ve seen this season, the first half not so. West Ham won’t be looking forward to the replay.

You never triggered the forum………😂

32 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

Current replays are:

Everton vs. Palace

Wolves vs. Brentford

Rovers vs. Norwich

Eastleigh vs. Newport

Brum vs. Hull

Bolton vs. Luton

Blackpool vs. Forest

City vs. West Ham

I'd hope we'd be a top pick currently, especially as West Ham are the highest placed Prem team left (although that will change if Pool/Arsenal draw),  I suppose they might put Eastleigh on as a NL team but wouldn't get as good ratings.

I would imagine Bolton v Luton would offer a genuine giant killing opportunity.

Oh dear;  they had players out injured and we were a bunch of bruisers. https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187728&start=960

When you are in the last 16 of the Europa, top 6 and going for top 5 in the second half, and the opponent is a bunch of bruisers out to hurt you, you are not likely to "stand up" - and rightly so. I'd be very surprised if the management instruction was not to get involved in tat for tat and risk getting seriously injured. The fundamental problem was our thin squad. And given our thin squad, we should have protected them by sitting senior players out. But if Moyes had done that, he'd be battered. It'd always been a risk to play our best eleven of fourteen trusted players against a bruiser of a opponent in a cup tie.

Other posts are more even handed.

Well done, Bristol. No fear football. Came out fighting and exposed us as a bunch of prima donnas. Even Mad Vlad wasn't up for the fight! Replay should be tasty.

Bristol City should have won they were far better.

• Thanks 1

Home fans seemed almost sinisterly quiet. Acoustics there were terrible. It's not as bad a stadium as some people have said, but is a pretty soul destroying place for football. We bought along the heart and identity that they left behind at the Boleyn ground. 

Fair play to all the crowd, proud to be a red today. 

Edited by pj76

For a man who’s relatively new to first team management LM has shown some very promising signs especially with that performance. Brilliant response to an undeniably poor performance against Millwall, and tactically we set up very well and only a small lapse of concentration early on cost us a clean sheet. 

When LM was announced I was afraid his relative inexperience would lead to a lack of tactical nuance compared to other championship managers, very glad to see he’s proving me wrong. COYR.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

Not to be picky but maybe watch it again....seems like he lets it run behind him and back heels it ... great tech and then a fantastic first time ball from Joe,  not easy to hit first time

Yeh man, it's a quality goal, from Knights sweet touch to Williams insta-through ball then Tommys 1st touch and finish. They'll be replaying that one a few times on the way home.

10 minutes ago, pj76 said:

On the way home now. That goal from Tommy and the singing and bouncing that followed (and went off pretty much throughout) was utterly intense and overwhelming.. Almost worth the world's worst train journey. Wish everyone luck getting home. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 minutes ago, pj76 said:

Home fans seemed almost sinisterly quiet. Acoustics there were terrible. It's not as bad a stadium as some people have said, but is a pretty soul destroying place for football. We bought along the heart and identity that they left behind at the Boleyn ground. 

Fair play to all the crowd, proud to be a red today. 

Watching on telly, City fans were loud pretty much all game.

• Like 4

It's interesting reading the comments under the BBC match reports. A lot of hammers fans  clearly hating Moyes. Seems crazy a European trophy last 16 of UEFA and 6th in the Prem. Not sure what more they want/expect - presumably about the quality of football?

• Like 2
Just now, BCFC Rich said:

It's interesting reading the comments under the BBC match reports. A lot of hammers fans  clearly hating Moyes. Seems crazy a European trophy last 16 of UEFA and 6th in the Prem. Not sure what more they want/expect - presumably about the quality of football?

There was a lot of speculation about whether Moyes would be getting a new deal- unsure if that has been resolved yet.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Very much seems to be marmite in the fanbase  with him !

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

This goal highlights the fact that we are usually trying to attack via the wings without a big striker.

We are not using the pace of our main striker.

A subtle change in tactics in future?

I noticed just before the goal that Mehmeti was playing more inside, that’s kind of support Conway needs.

42 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

An absolutely outstanding day out!

E2BEBDD3-93B1-47A1-B0ED-663136600713.jpeg

I would say “great view” - but it’s so far from the pitch, it looks binoculars would be needed to identify what was happening at the far end! And what’s with the enormous gap just in front of you? Just to have you even further away from the pitch?!

32 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Its a simple wall pass from Knight to Williams, and Tommy is on the move as soon as Joe strikes it. The run and execution from Conway is superb. Love to see more goals like that.

It was a carbon copy of the Michael Owen goal against Germany! 

• Flames 1
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There was a lot of speculation about whether Moyes would be getting a new deal- unsure if that has been resolved yet.

He's expected to sign a new contract soon. Better get it done before we thrash them in the replay. 😇