IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

5 minutes ago, whufcmat said:

If you want a West Ham forum with absolute loons try westhamonline.co.uk - basically its a nursery with our fans calling each other out. Kumb is the serious forum, WHO is an asylum!

I’m not slagging btw, just really enjoyed the reaction to Pring, the bloke can be a bit of a crazy but class, nice to see a prem club appreciate him!

Edited by Mr Hankey
2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Just on the train back. How far offside was TC for the disallowed goal? None of the highlights have shown it.

VAR had to use old technology to measure it!

image.png.f9668a5d6573cc02205a42ec6c154ccf.png

Edited by downendcity
  • Haha 4
7 minutes ago, whufcmat said:

If you want a West Ham forum with absolute loons try westhamonline.co.uk - basically its a nursery with our fans calling each other out. Kumb is the serious forum, WHO is an asylum!

Mate, for online insanity you should have been on this forum when Pearson got the bullet in October. 😆

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just watched 2 West ham fans game summaries and both thought we were over physical / dirty. Maybe that's a Premier league thing as I didn't think we were any more physical than usual. Is tackling not allowed in the Prem then? 

I've watched MOTD and the Prem is definitely namby pamby these days

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, whufcmat said:

KUMB makes for interesting reading, especially around the value (or otherwise) of giving younger players a chance and their opportunities now seem to be bench-warmers.

Our first team squad is littered with academy graduates, most of them have benefitted from periods of time on loan to lower league clubs to aid their development.

You wonder if the salaries young players receive at some Premier league clubs closes a door on that pathway.

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I actually thought Conway slipped but maybe I'm wrong. 

I don't think roughing up a team necessarily means fouling them. Fact is Pring clattered a couple of their players leading to one needing a concussion test and one going off injured. 

Not usually our style but in a cup tie away to a Prem team, you absolutely love to see it. 

Moyes wasn't complaining about it either, to his credit. 

Conway tried to do what any centre forward would do, but got his timing 100% wrong. No nastiness involved, but a nailed on yellow. 

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Sorry but you're so far off the mark, cut out the first 5 minutes and it's been a very even game, we started looking very weak but since that we've very much come into the game and battled hard. If losing 1-0 at half time to a strong Premier League team and fighting hard is not good enough for you I don't think we'll ever be able to please you.

The context of the post was more based on the fact we had a massive support, but looked exceedingly fragile to the quicker pace and movement of WH, sitting on the side of the pitch you could see the midfield looked really disjointed with WH seemingly playing between the lines at will. We were so much better in the 2nd half and looked a totally different team more than matching them, that’s the city I want to see.

Perhaps I was just little frustrated especially sitting amongst a whole heap of WH fans who thought it would be a cake walk.

Top day out though, and those that were in the away end were brilliant today, I was pretty much sat in a cockney library

32 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Out of interest, did anybody who bought seats in the home areas have them cancelled as threatened by BCFC? I didn’t have any problems. Apart from trying to look upset when we equalised. 😎

Not me and four others. My daughter had a theory that the West Ham support was so subdued because it was full of City fans trying to be quiet. 

• Haha 7
  • Flames 1
2 hours ago, erndogz said:

It's VAR isn't the lino doesn't need to flag anymore. Someone will get seriously injured soon with a late flag

Back when I played in the Bristol District League we played Bristol Deaf, who were a very "physical" team. 

Before the game the ref explained that because many/most of the opposition had  impaired hearing, he would wave a white handkerchief ,as well as blowing his whistle, to stop the game.

During the game, a long ball put me through past the defence, but as I ran in on goal I heard the ref blow up for offside so slowed up. I was then hit for six from behind by their defender, who had been trying to chase me down.

I was in a heap on the ground as the ref came over to admonish the defender, who then signed to one of his teammates, who then explained to the ref that as the defender was running away from the ref he didn't see him wave the handkerchief so didn't know that game had been stopped!

34 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Loads of comments on how we roughed them up. Not sure about that, we competed well aerially with them but there was only one bad challenge- Conways was a bit naughty backing into their guy who was already in the air

Which is what he should've done against Millwall - he was bullied in that game - maybe he learnt something from it.

43 minutes ago, Wokingham Red said:

Knowing the TV companies it’ll be Wolves v Brentford and Everton v Palace  anyone but Bristol City😂

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Cup game against lower league opposition, cheap tickets to fill the ground, there was inevitably more families than would otherwise be the case.

There is some truth in that but if you've been to Upton Park and to the London stadium you'll know everything is very different now.

56 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I actually thought Conway slipped but maybe I'm wrong. 

I don't think roughing up a team necessarily means fouling them. Fact is Pring clattered a couple of their players leading to one needing a concussion test and one going off injured. 

Not usually our style but in a cup tie away to a Prem team, you absolutely love to see it. 

Moyes wasn't complaining about it either, to his credit. 

I said exactly that about TC, he did have a look where the guy was, but if he doesn't push back he gets flattened and never gets a free kick for it.

From memory both injuries came from Pring winning whole hearted headers . The first looked , um robust , and the 2nd the guy should have jumped for the ball and he wouldn't have his back the same height as Cam's knees. Couldn't see much wrong with either.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Anyone got any tissues for this West Ham fan?

Good F.A. cup tie, two teams of vastly different talent, skill and capabilities levelled by one side resorting to the traditional dark arts.

Liam Manning, hang your head in shame. You've embarrassed youself today. You did the easy bit, spotting how vital Coufal is to us going forward, and consequently he was targetted. Mind you, poor old Mavropanos really bought a stinger from the Bristol City thug who went full Harry Kane, backing into him mid air. Thats ghe sort of snide tackle that did for Winston Reid.

As for your muggy supporters singing a tired old ditty about us selling our soul, enjoy your day out, but dont be rushing to book time off for the next round.

A muggy club from a dull corner of the kingdom.

Muggy? Anyone fluent in cockernee/essex rhymin' slang?

1 hour ago, firstdivision said:

Not me and four others. My daughter had a theory that the West Ham support was so subdued because it was full of City fans trying to be quiet. 

Just seen a video of a West Ham fan claiming we had 2 - 3000 in the home end! 

Edited by One Team
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, redkev said:

I know what you are saying ,

But I was there back when mcinnes was in charge when they played at Upton Park and there again today , there notorious so say supporters is definitely a thing of the past from what I have seen on my last couple of visits , was there early 90s now that was intimidating very much head down and keep quiet , last couple of times pubs full of city and wandering around where you want loud and proud .

we're  definitely not notorious anymore, any of you wurzels there today will know what i mean...a lot of old school have either chucked it in...priced out...or a mixture of both...a good few old school still go away religiously, hornchurch coaches  , but still outnumbered by the plums.

• Like 1