IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

11 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

seemed to be miles away from the toilets if you were in 222, I didn't want to risk it at HT!

Won't ASP have a say if City and Rovers are set to play the same day?

I think if TV want it Rovers will move accordingly 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Apologies if already shared, but this is a brilliant clip of the Radio Bristol commentary for the goal. Great work from Hadwin and Owers. We sound amazing too!

I’m absolutely drinking in everything I can find from yesterday!

There's some great stuff all over social media, infact we're trending at 1 on the Twitter sports trend.

Stuff from our fans, Hammers fans and general fans accounts loving it.

The only problem is all the shots can either have the higher tier or lower tier in but very difficult to get both. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Apologies if already shared, but this is a brilliant clip of the Radio Bristol commentary for the goal. Great work from Hadwin and Owers. We sound amazing too!

Great post. Love listening to Owers reactions to us scoring 😂 He’s a total Red!!!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

There's some great stuff all over social media, infact we're trending at 1 on the Twitter sports trend.

Stuff from our fans, Hammers fans and general fans accounts loving it.

The only problem is all the shots can either have the higher tier or lower tier in but very difficult to get both. 

Yep loads of good stuff on twitter, our "limbs" seems to be very highly rated!

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

seemed to be miles away from the toilets if you were in 222, I didn't want to risk it at HT!

Did you realise that there were toilet blocks both sides of the concourse.....underneath the steps as well as opposite?

In 225 and in 226 they were literally at the bottom of the steps. I assumed they were all the same.

(Neither of the people I went with did!!)

• Like 1

Reading through match threads is always 'interesting'. OTIB is no different to any other site in that respect, if your teams is losing there are always a - more than- a few decrying just how shite you are :)

Ii bet the draw at 4/1 btw. My only regret is not doubling up when you went 1 down which I considered doing.

Edited by Miah Dennehy
1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Reading through match threads is always 'interesting'. OTIB is no different to any other site in that respect, if your teams is losing there are always a - more than- a few decrying just how shite you are :)

Not true, when we’re winning there’s plenty on here still saying how shit we are!

• Haha 5
59 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Great noise especially from Owers, shame I missed this, as once again the OS audio failed to work and not for the first time when we have had a cup match. I have written a damming email to Bristol Sport telling them how useless the system is and that they should do something about the fact that you are unable to report it while the match is on and have to put up with it. I may get a refund, but I won't hold my breath, as I have complained before about this and still nothing has been done,  Useless!

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yep loads of good stuff on twitter, our "limbs" seems to be very highly rated!

The 'limbs' in the lower tier were absolutely brilliant from where I was sitting and then the synchronised bouncing after the initial limbs. Probably the best limbs I have seen in a long time reminding me of terracing as a fairt few of the lower tier ran down the gangways and in to the no mans land area. That's what its all about, even as a supporter of a team that had conceded I can appreciate it!

Seems we have just over 3000 for the replay. Unfortunately I do not have enough points to secure a ticket.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Have to say I had my reservations about the stadium. But we were quite far back and the view was excellent IMO. It was good to watch the game from a different viewpoint. And the City fans were excellent and loud. Great day 

I didn't mind the view at all. I was in 228 so was by the corner flag. 

I've been in the top tier at Newcastle, Wembley, Mil Stad and Old Trafford and felt it was probably slightly better. 

We stood the whole game and it felt much safer to stand at thr London stadium than at any of those I mentioned. Maybe the rake isnt as steep and the rows are wider but certainly felt safer. 

5 hours ago, walsh left foot said:

The view in the lower tier was great but overall the stadium and location was poor. Could not watch my team in that stadium every week. The walk too and from the station was a pain and for the size of the stadium the concourse was similar to QPR! Appreciate there were a lot of us but you can tell it was built as an Olympic stadium and not for football. Maybe I am being over critical but another ground that makes me appreciate Ashton gate as a location and football stadium more.

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I have to say I thought the concourse was pretty poor. It was quite surprisingly cramped!

I was in a part that is normally a home section and I thought it was very poor. Ashton Gates concourses are better. 

2iI I suppose it all felt very temporary because initially it was designed to be a temporary stadium and theyve had to retro fit things around that. Usually for top tiers you'd have a concourse at that level but not here because of the shite design so it was a long walk from seats to concourse. 

The concourse wasn't even really attatched to the main structure and there was a gap between the two above and this made it absolutely freezing in the concourse. 

I think West Ham have probably done the best they can do with it (apart from that gap) the problem was that when they designed the stadium, they were adamant it would not be a football stadium and would be turned into a 25k athletics stadium. 

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I listened to the post match radio Bristol stuff on my drive home and I'm not afraid to say that I felt quite emotional. 

As a Bristol City fan we go through a lot of crap. Milwall NYD being an example of that. We don't get many days like this but when they do happen, it tastes all the better having gone through all the crap. 

7 minutes ago, whufcmat said:

The 'limbs' in the lower tier were absolutely brilliant from where I was sitting and then the synchronised bouncing after the initial limbs. Probably the best limbs I have seen in a long time reminding me of terracing as a fairt few of the lower tier ran down the gangways and in to the no mans land area. That's what its all about, even as a supporter of a team that had conceded I can appreciate it!

Seems we have just over 3000 for the replay. Unfortunately I do not have enough points to secure a ticket.

Bit disappointed we've not given you the entire away end tbh after you gave us almost 9k. OK the rules state that you should but you and the police could have opposed that on safety grounds. 

Can't really see any reason to not give you our entire away stand. That stand holds over 4k.

We could possibly fit some home fans in but with tickets being so cheap it wouldn't really make economic sense as would need extra security to do that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Bit disappointed we've not given you the entire away end tbh after you gave us almost 9k. OK the rules state that you should but you and the police could have opposed that on safety grounds. 

Can't really see any reason to not give you our entire away stand. That stand holds over 4k.

We could possibly fit some home fans in but with tickets being so cheap it wouldn't really make economic sense as would need extra security to do that. 

Yeah I would have hoped for more but you can only sell what you afre given - the police obviously had a say in the matter as well. We travel well, we'll sell out no problem at all but I would put you favourites in the replay. To be honest its a game we could have done without.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, whufcmat said:

Yeah I would have hoped for more but you can only sell what you afre given - the police obviously had a say in the matter as well. We travel well, we'll sell out no problem at all but I would put you favourites in the replay. To be honest its a game we could have done without.

I'm not so sure TBH.
If you want a confidence boost, watch the videos of our last two home games, shockingly poor. Hopefully we play more like Sunday and it will be a good game.

19 minutes ago, whufcmat said:

Due to your very decent and complimentary posts on here , I hope that somebody invites you , with an offer of a spare ticket 👍🏻

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm not so sure TBH.
If you want a confidence boost, watch the videos of our last two home games, shockingly poor. Hopefully we play more like Sunday and it will be a good game.

Our problem is we play best when the other teams come to try and win as that opens up space for us. 

When teams park the bus against us, we struggle to break them down. 

I don't see West Ham coming here and parking the bus. They will certainly want to avoid extra time. 

20 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Is the quoted allocation for WH not the same we give to all championship teams at AG?  I know Plymouth were given a few more but generally the netting at the front has reduced the atyeo capacity for the past few seasons.   

Man city only got 3,400 for last years match https://www.mancity.com/tickets/mens/bristol-city-v-man-city-fa-cup-ticket-information

Edited by CloudyThatchers
4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Our problem is we play best when the other teams come to try and win as that opens up space for us. 

When teams park the bus against us, we struggle to break them down. 

I don't see West Ham coming here and parking the bus. They will certainly want to avoid extra time. 

Millwall didn't park the Bus, far from it. 

I do know what you mean though. We need another performance like the 2nd half Sunday , be interesting what team they put out now they have even more injuries.