IGNORED

Stoppage time query.

22A

On the last day of the season, to ensure no one goes into a game knowing their required result, all games kick off simultaneously.

If one crucial game had, due to " a medical emergency", a ten minute stoppage in the first half, would that be relayed around the country so that the second half of all games would be delayed by ten minutes?

9 minutes ago, 22A said:

On the last day of the season, to ensure no one goes into a game knowing their required result, all games kick off simultaneously.

If one crucial game had, due to " a medical emergency", a ten minute stoppage in the first half, would that be relayed around the country so that the second half of all games would be delayed by ten minutes?

I doubt it. They do all they can to get them to start and finish at the same time but you can only do so much 

In reality most matches will finish the first half at slightly different times due to different extra time added. Similarly, in the second half the actual duration of the matches will vary due to different extra time added. It’s easy to start matches at the same time but impossible to get them to finish at the same time 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 22A said:

No they wouldn’t. This has happened before I’m sure and kick offs weren’t delayed 

The answer is no - if there’s a lengthy delay thru injury in one match that wouldn’t effect the amount of added time in other matches.

However - if an away team were delayed thru unavoidable circumstances like an accident on the motorway and kicked off 15 mins after everyone else - what would happen then?

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Pretty sure a few years ago they delayed the kick off by 5mins or so some where so it started the same time as a game elsewhere.

Thinking back there was THAT game at Coventry where ko was delayed 15 minutes to get everyone in. The two teams then knew what was required of them. 😁

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Thinking back there was THAT game at Coventry where ko was delayed 15 minutes to get everyone in. The two teams then knew what was required of them. 😁

Such a great night in Coventry. My elder brother and I (after experiencing all the lows and highs imaginable in one game) were watching City and Coventry play out the game with neither side trying to score. Meanwhile our younger brother was leaving Goodison where, despite losing, Sunderland fans were celebrating staying up as they thought Coventry had won. He told me that one moment Sunderland fans were walking away from the ground singing ‘Staying up’ and the next moment the final score from Coventry was announced whereby Everton fans were mocking Sunderland singing ‘Going down’. For me unequalled as my most unforgettable night supporting City with the largest away following for a league game that I can remember.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Meanwhile our younger brother was leaving Goodison where, despite losing, Sunderland fans were celebrating staying up as they thought Coventry had won. He told me that one moment Sunderland fans were walking away from the ground singing ‘Staying up’ and the next moment the final score from Coventry was announced whereby Everton fans were mocking Sunderland singing ‘Going down’. For me unequalled as my most unforgettable night supporting City with the largest away following for a league game that I can remember.

Complete Urban myth - the Sunderland fans would already know the score on their i-phones

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, pongo88 said:

In reality most matches will finish the first half at slightly different times due to different extra time added. Similarly, in the second half the actual duration of the matches will vary due to different extra time added. It’s easy to start matches at the same time but impossible to get them to finish at the same time 

I think that was the case in the QPR vs Manchester City game involving the famous French philosopher Joey Barton, where Man UTD thought they had won the League, had started to celebrate and were listening to the closing stages on the touchline, only for City (Aguero) to score very late.  

• Like 1

I remember a few years ago there was that situation with the false alarm 'bomb' at Old Trafford which saw the last game of the season cancelled, but none of the other games were affected, they just went ahead as usual, so Man Utd & Bournemouth got to play their final game of the season a few days after everyone else. Don't think it was relevant for any relegation/European spots though.