IGNORED

Preston North End away match thread

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Their hatred of Lowe is very confusing. They are a club who always seem to overachieve compared to their fanbase and finances, yet they were still hating Lowe when he had them in the play off spots. 

His popularity has hit a Lowe point.

If we beat them today, it will be at an all-time Lowe.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
51 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think I saw Jerry say 500-600 

Never take that many there , shame really as it’s a decent ground / view with some good pubs , can remember going there fair few years back 2 up then drew 2-2 first game of the season took about 2,500 then think most were in Blackpool that weekend too 

understand not a huge amount going lots of games recently and Xmas £££££ oh it’s a bloody long trip to Manchester + 1 hour 

Edited by redkev
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, redkev said:

Never take that many there , shame really as it’s a decent ground / view with some good pubs , can remember going there fair few years back 2 up then drew 2-2 first game of the season took about 2,500 then think most were in Blackpool that weekend too 

understand not a huge amount going lots of games recently and Xmas £££££ oh it’s a bloody long trip to Manchester + 1 hour 

Apart from that game we always seem to play them away in the middle of winter too!

Not an appealing trip at the best of times.

• Like 1

I’ve only been there once - the game in the late 90s when we lost 2-1 and Watford pipped us to the league title. My dad had to go in the home end that day (away end was a sellout and he couldn’t get a ticket). He said quite a few City fans had to do the same and their fans were really welcoming.   

One of those games today where we should certainly be looking to get something, but they will probably be thinking the same. I’ve got a positive feeling we’ll get the three points. 

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

And Ayman.

And whatisnaismith.

At the end of November Manning said the news about Benarous was “not good” since when there has been no update.

If you think he’s returning this season (possibly at all) you’re far more optimistic than me. I’ve discounted him.

Bored of Naismith, availability record is poor, not getting in front of Vyner, Dickie or Atkinson at the back.

Behind 4 midfielders to start, can leave in the summer if anyone wants him.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

At the end of November Manning said the news about Benarous was “not good” since when there has been no update.

If you think he’s returning this season (possibly at all) you’re far more optimistic than me. I’ve discounted him.

Bored of Naismith, availability record is poor, not getting in front of Vyner, Dickie or Atkinson at the ball.

Behind 4 midfielders to start, can leave in the summer if anyone wants him.

Naismith reminds me of Tony Robinson's (Baldrick's) 'Ode To Lee Matthews' at Brian Tinnion's Testimonial Dinner 

Oh, Lee, oh Lee, oh Lee, oh Lee,

You really were a hit

Your goals filled me with glee

But you were never ****ing fit

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Haha 3

Good team and bench looks more solid. Really excited to see McCrorie.

If we can play anywhere near as good as we did at West Ham I fancy us today vs a Preston in poor form. However, this is the sort of team we tend to struggle against and break down. Let's see. COYR