IGNORED

Preston North End away match thread

Sprinklings of almost playing well, like it's a couple of not quite decisions on the ball. 3 points there for the taking, they are just about better than Birmingham.

- I'm having to do my taxes at the same time today, only a few times has the games seriously demanded my attention. 

It's not a great game. But you can see we are looking to create.

• Like 2

They are awful. If we don’t win this only got ourselves to blame. As always endeavour there just lacking quality. Feel like a parrot as I say it every week. 
Have a feeling fitness will play a part which I think we will come out on top because of. 

We're defo the better side in the first half but we really don't have that killer finish and a lot of our balls into the box have been poor making it too easy for a bang average side to mop up out attacks.

Preston don't look like much going forward but I'm concerned that we are giving their wide players too much time and space. Our back three stay narrow and no one seems to want to go out and press the Preston players allowing them to pick out a cross without pressure.

Edited by Midlands Robin
2 minutes ago, Jose said:

They are awful. If we don’t win this only got ourselves to blame. As always endeavour there just lacking quality. Feel like a parrot as I say it every week. 
Have a feeling fitness will play a part which I think we will come out on top because of. 

Did you say it in the games against Watford and West Ham ?

So far same old nice and neat on the ball but lack that cutting edge in the final third, no real craft and aren't putting the final touch on the end of decent moves sooner we get that CAM and forward in the better

Edited by BCFC31

Fair to say we are by far the better side.

Bell playing a tactical role when they have the ball at the back, dropping in to help Tanner with Millar.  PNE not really played out from deep, although Holmes has looked dangerous on right side of their 3421-box.

Just need a bit of quality when it matters, although pitch not helping.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Any particular reason why their pitch is so bad anyone know? Pretty rare problem these days.

Keeping one eye on the rugby on BT Sports the commentator saying how good the pitch is at AG.

• Confused 1
Just now, ORANGE500 said:

Did you say it in the games against Watford and West Ham ?

I said after the first half at West Ham if you want to picky. Nothing I said was negative you if want to get upset about it. 

Do you think we lack quality? I think that’s clear to see. Not surprising when you sell your two best players in the previous two windows and not replaced them.