IGNORED

Preston North End away match thread

6 minutes ago, George Rs said:

It’s so clear we lack quality in the final ball, someone to transition play from half way in their half to the final third. 

We work the ball well down the flanks and into midfielders in their half but after that it becomes so congested or just poor. 

I know there was nothing we could do about it but with Scott in the side we beat Birmingham , these and a couple of other sides , creativity is our undoing this season , we really need a Brighton policy where one player leaves ££££ and you have a ready like replacement ( not easy I know ) but that’s what we should be setting out for the future 

23 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Bolton v Cheltenham held up by a medical emergency in the crowd. It`s been a while now so doesn`t sound good - hope the person is OK.

No play at Reading v Port Vale since the 16th minute due to fan protests.

Always thought of Reading as a bit of a dull club but they certainly know how to do a proper protest! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Sounds as though we definitely need reinforcements in this window.  But we have all known this for months.   Midfielder and goal scorer now, please

Macaley Langstaff scored easily in the Nat Lge for Notts Co last season and in League 2 now has twenty goals this season. Worth considering?

1 minute ago, pillred said:

What do people think about abandoning games because of something that happens in the crowd such as medical incidents?

Carry on with the game IMO. Once the person has been treated and in medical care.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 22A said:

Macaley Langstaff scored easily in the Nat Lge for Notts Co last season and in League 2 now has twenty goals this season. Worth considering?

Need someone to create as much as someone to score , but worth a punt if we’re gonna go easyJet budget signings 

1 minute ago, pillred said:

What do people think about abandoning games because of something that happens in the crowd such as medical incidents?

Depends on the logistics, time delay, what medical teams are involved and the nature of the medical emergency I guess. I’m sure there is some sort of requirement about the level of medical cover available on pitch side and in the ground. If they are otherwise engaged then that might prevent the game from continuing.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

TBF, it is a bore fest again.

Only game without a goal in the Championship...so far.

I don’t have a stream and believe you. However, I think we all know we lack creativity and yet the style has picked up points despite this. It pushed a top half prem team and european winners in 2023(I am using it 🤣) for 90 min and a draw. Again not watching but it is Preston. We are going to struggle more against teams like Preston, Millwall and Rotherham until we get 1-2 better attacking players. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Sounds as though we definitely need reinforcements in this window.  But we have all known this for months.   Midfielder and goal scorer now, please

Not sure we need a goalscorer as Tommy and Nahki are fox in the box type players, our problem is creating.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Depends on the logistics, time delay, what medical teams are involved and the nature of the medical emergency I guess. I’m sure there is some sort of requirement about the level of medical cover available on pitch side and in the ground. If they are otherwise engaged then that might prevent the game from continuing.

You have to factor in other things too - away fans getting home etc

7 minutes ago, 22A said:

Hell of a jump up from that level, especially for a player like Langstaff who is already in his mid twenties and might not have much development left in him.

I'd rather focus on bringing in wingers than strikers.

Edited by Supersonic Robin