IGNORED

Acceptance

Think this is where I am now with the club. Not surprised at today’s result. Accepted that will be how it is until the end of the season. We will pick up wins, lose a few as well. Performances will be up and down. Probably much like of Pearson were still in charge.

I have been a harsh critic of Manning. Not because of him, but under the circumstances he came in under and the comments made by the hierarchy at the time.

Do I see us progressing under Manning? Not really. Is it exciting football? Not really. But I do hope he brings in a couple this month to adjust to the club and indeed championship football if anyone is making a step up. We can then push on from the summer with a clean slate and prove me wrong.

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Think this is where I am now with the club. Not surprised at today’s result. Accepted that will be how it is until the end of the season. We will pick up wins, lose a few as well. Performances will be up and down. Probably much like of Pearson were still in charge.

I have been a harsh critic of Manning. Not because of him, but under the circumstances he came in under and the comments made by the hierarchy at the time.

Do I see us progressing under Manning? Not really. Is it exciting football? Not really. But I do hope he brings in a couple this month to adjust to the club and indeed championship football if anyone is making a step up. We can then push on from the summer with a clean slate and prove me wrong.

The story has been the same for as long as I can remember, and that's a long long time. Only the names have changed. 

• Like 3

Nobody with half a brain, thought we would be near the top 6 this season without or without Pearson. Most predicted mid table - 10-14th place which is where we are and where we will likely end up. Preston are a bogey team for us, and yes i agree - today was shite. I actually dozed off. The bottom line is the players are what they are - midtable. I dont see why we have to self flaggelate after every poor/average performance.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

This is how it will be under this regime. Period 

We have an owner and chairman who haven’t got a clue.

We got a man in a senior position he has no right to be in (Brian Tinnion)

and we have a head coach who has done absolutely **** all in the game to suggest he can turn us into a top 6 club 

This club man. I long for the day the clowns at the top sell up 

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Nobody with half a brain, thought we would be near the top 6 this season without or without Pearson. Most predicted mid table - 10-14th place which is where we are and where we will likely end up. Preston are a bogey team for us, and yes i agree - today was shite. I actually dozed off. The bottom line is the players are what they are - midtable. I dont see why we have to self flaggelate after every poor/average performance.

Except that's what we hear from everyone at the club and Lansdowns have already sacked a manager this season for not being in the top 6!

20 minutes ago, Jose said:

I’d imagine we willl be saying the same thing this time next season and the season after that and the season after that. 

The sooner the Lansdowns **** off the better.

I’m sorry, this sort of abuse disgusts me. It is unnecessary and uncivilised. 

• Haha 6
  • Hmmm 1

23 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

How many seasons are we gonna write off though?

We’ve got to deliver at some stage.

43 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Same old city for me as others have said.  We aren't going anywhere with the current structure, its mid to lower mid table championship finishes for the foreseeable IMO. 

Credit to the fanbase for still turning up in their numbers though, to be averaging 22,000 at home is incredible and the Lansdowns should feel extremely lucky that we keep turning up week in week out.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

How many seasons are we gonna write off though?

We’ve got to deliver at some stage.

I’ve been writing them off for about 45 years then the odd season surprises me . 

seriously I know it’s been done to death we need a few bits of quality in a workmanlike average side .but with owners wiling to take a risk ( aka Middlesbrough) who have just signed a couple , names escape me ( can’t be bothered to look them up )

Tin hat on for this, but I really don't think the Lansdown's actually want promotion.

Why? I can't answer that, but it's just a gut feeling with the lack of a few more quality signings that we can afford to attack the top 6 places.

Time will tell I suppose. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Tin hat on for this, but I really don't think the Lansdown's actually want promotion.

Why? I can't answer that, but it's just a gut feeling with the lack of a few more quality signings that we can afford to attack the top 6 places.

No I don’t think you are wrong. The phrase that comes to mind with the owners current approach is “talking the talk but not willing to walk the walk” I.e. invest.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Not aimed at you at all….but imagine wracking up losses of £200m plus without the aspiration of making some of it back - and the only place that has a chance of happening is the Premier League.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Have thought this for a few years now

Their actions do not match those of owners who have that drive and ambition to succeed.

Considering how bad our pr is and their inability to communicate well with local media they would get ripped apart on the national stage (top six squad comment would get laughed at for example)

Think they are quite happy where they are in their comfort zone (no idea why as only way to get some return on investment is through promotion to the prem?!?)

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

It’s not just the football now though, the whole Bristol Sport “ project “ seems to be imploding through lack of interest/ investment.

Don't give a flip for the Bristol Sport stuff. BCFC is all I care about.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I think the acceptance piece now has to be that Liam was the wrong Man(ning). That isn’t saying he should be sacked at all, but it’s saying it was a batshit decision to appoint a coach who has a preferred style of play (and I think it’s totally fair to say now an inability and intransigence to adapt away from that as the squad or situation demands), into a squad which would need at least 2-3 transfer windows to be reshaped to that style with no real guarantee of success.

My acceptance is that they got the appointment wrong on that measure. In addition to writing off the season by not supporting Pearson, because of the nature of play of his replacement and what is needed to deliver, they wrote off probably next season as well. And considering the average shelf life of a manager, and Liams predication to jump early if things are going well, I’d be surprised if he’s here at the start of 25/26 and we’ll be on another rebuild.

He’s not necessarily a bad coach (I have my doubts over his managerial ability) - but for this scenario, for this squad, he was the wrong man and he’ll need either shedloads of investment or many years to get it right considering where he starts from.

• Like 4
  • Flames 4
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

Have thought this for a few years now

Their actions do not match those of owners who have that drive and ambition to succeed.

Considering how bad our pr is and their inability to communicate well with local media they would get ripped apart on the national stage (top six squad comment would get laughed at for example)

Think they are quite happy where they are in their comfort zone (no idea why as only way to get some return on investment is through promotion to the prem?!?)

Lansdown would sh1t himself if we ever went up. He would have to spend big money even to just compete at that level. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I can think of two who did JL and BT and yes they only got half a brain between them 🤔

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Thought this for many a long year.  Some serious expenditure in GJ’s play off final. season could have seen us through, imo.

Remember when Cotts gained promotion and was left high and dry in The Championship.  It was said at the time he had done too well too quickly for SL’s taste.

i have zero confidence that they will guide the club to The Prem.  If LM is successful, as I hope he will be, he will be jettisoned like Cotts and Nige.

There commitment or otherwise to LM and their supposed promotion dream will become more obvious in this and the summer window

• Like 1