IGNORED

Acceptance

44 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

What makes me laugh is that no one was telling the Lansdowns to eff off after we drew at West Ham, or won at Watford to make three wins in a row. We lose at Preston and the toys come out. It’s pathetic and childish. And so is the abuse. 
I’d have far more respect for our keyboard-warrior supporters if they called for the Lansdowns to go after every win. 
Do you think @Davefevs (our most thoughtful and constructive poster) resorts to this sort of abuse? But fill your boots supporting abuse if that’s what makes you happy. 

Always thought the Lansdowns have had a very easy ride tbh. If they were the owners of Man Utd with the same track record there would be mobs of ‘fans’ balaclava clad lighting flares trying to intimidate SL outside his Guernsey home. The extent of the grief they actually get is a few fans on the forum telling them to do one!! 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the thing you have to remember is that in the light of a good result anything classed as negative gets shouted down (and equally, in the case of a poor result anything good gets shouted down). No issue in that, it’s the way of a forum.

What I think you’re missing is that people like @Davefevs, myself etc are more looking at the thematics. We lost to Preston today - that happens. But if it happens as part of a wide thematic theme of Liams game management, and if the overall strategy seems misaligned, then we’ll (and others) will call it. I wanted the Lansdowns gone and expressed concerns over Liam post Watford. I’m in that boat now. A win over West Ham won’t change it. A long term change will.

If anyone is calling for the Lansdowns to go based on today it’s unreasonable. But as a thematic, it’s totally justified.

My point really was more about telling them to ‘eff off’. A logical and reasoned analysis is fine. So too is wanting them to leave, if that’s what you believe. 

The point being most of us here maybe not as eloquent in the way we express ourselves as some regulars here, not that great on a keyboard ( would take me a month to write a Jerseybean pre match post) and I don’t even understand a great deal of Fevs technical data/ charts,but we all want the same thing surely?

4 hours ago, Peter1450 said:

The point being most of us here maybe not as eloquent in the way we express ourselves as some regulars here, not that great on a keyboard ( would take me a month to write a Jerseybean pre match post) and I don’t even understand a great deal of Fevs technical data/ charts,but we all want the same thing surely?

Thankfully this forum is a place for opinion, not a maths (sorry) or grammar test.  Up the reds!

3 hours ago, Randy Marsh II said:

The ironic part of this is they've appointed someone who's football is devaluing our potentially highest asset in Conway week by week. Which completely goes against the mentality we have of being a selling club. 

That is a very good point.  Not sure I agree totally, but the sentiments I certainly do 💯.

For me, acceptance = Meh!

Couldn't give a toss anymore. Watched Final Score yesterday and chuckled to myself when we went one down. 

Started losing faith after Cotts went. Chucked my season ticket in after one year of Junior. 

This isn't the club I started watching in 1966 and I'm aware that times change but I just can't be bothered to pay good money to be disappointed in performances and angry at owners decisions. 

That said, we'll probably beat the Hammers Tuesday and the world will seem a better place .