IGNORED

Poll on the Lansdowns - Stay or Go?

Poll Time - SL & JL - Stay Or Go - Simple 'Yes' or 'No'?  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 minutes ago, M.D said:

I only watched a bit but what he did say, referring to Leicester was..

'to make a club successful, its not just the manager, you need everybody working together in that club'

Did wonder if that was a little dig.

That was always Nige’s belief and said it publicly on several occasions - it’s common sense.

For any enterprise, company/business to be a success all employees need to be on the same page.

I didn’t see what Nige said but if it was a dig at City then fair play to him.

A

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That was always Nige’s belief and said it publicly on several occasions - it’s common sense.

For any enterprise, company/business to be a success all employees need to be on the same page.

I didn’t see what Nige said but if it was a dig at City then fair play to him.

I got the impression Nige had all of the players, coaching team, and general staff on the same page towards the end of his tenure. Thats why a lot us us felt dismayed when he got the sack. It was finally starting to come together and then we pressed the reset button. Again!  

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Surely as a bare minimum you expect some progress in 20-odd years, even if to stand still.  Other clubs have moved further forward than us, that is the problem.  Some have gone backwards admittedly.

He has always backed us….until now.  And like you it’s now time he sells us, or hands over to Jon.  I’m guessing he’d need to gift Jon a wedge to put in every year too, because I’m not sure Jon has the funds in his own right.

1980-2004: six seasons in the Championship (two of which were relegation seasons)

2004-2024: 15 seasons in the Championship (including a play-off final + one relegation season.)

I don’t know if he should sell or stick but surely we are a more stable/successful club under him than we were, albeit not as successful as we would like/some think we should be. 

(I know we were coming back from financial disaster in 1980 but by 84-85 we were close to the second tier again).

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Surely as a bare minimum you expect some progress in 20-odd years, even if to stand still.  Other clubs have moved further forward than us, that is the problem.  Some have gone backwards admittedly.

He has always backed us….until now.  And like you it’s now time he sells us, or hands over to Jon.  I’m guessing he’d need to gift Jon a wedge to put in every year too, because I’m not sure Jon has the funds in his own right.

1980-2004: six seasons in the Championship (two of which were relegation seasons)

2004-2024: 15 seasons in the Championship (including a play-off final + one relegation season.)

I don’t know if he should sell or stick but surely we are a more stable/successful club under him than we were, albeit not as successful as we would like/some think we should be. 

(I know we were coming back from financial disaster in 1980 but by 84-85 we were close to the second tier again).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, firstdivision said:

My point was also to do with infrastructure, not just divisional status.  I expect our facilities to be better over 20 years.

The other point is trend.  We got to our best position in 2007-08, so reached our peak relatively early on and then been up and down since, but never attaining that level again.

Bit ultimately it’s all our own opinions.  And although I’m black and white on wanting new ownership, I’m not black or whole of SL being the messiah or naughty boy.  I can think he’s ok and still want new. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My point was also to do with infrastructure, not just divisional status.  I expect our facilities to be better over 20 years.

The other point is trend.  We got to our best position in 2007-08, so reached our peak relatively early on and then been up and down since, but never attaining that level again.

Bit ultimately it’s all our own opinions.  And although I’m black and white on wanting new ownership, I’m not black or whole of SL being the messiah or naughty boy.  I can think he’s ok and still want new. 🙂

I'd say I feel the same. I think the biggest issue with someone new coming in is that you would have to be pretty diligent about who you bring in on many levels - Financial, football, and background, and bringing in the right people at the top is the main problem I have with Landsdown anyway. So the main reason I would want him gone is the main reason I'd be anxious about the change! 😂

31 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Timing of this poll is hilarious. TGH scores a relatively easy chance on Saturday first half and this poll doesn’t exist. Funny old bunch, football fans 

Said before. It's absolutely nothing to do with 3 points on a Saturday. Good luck to you if you are happy being lied to and having an owner with his bull sh ing son in charge of mediocrity and crass decision making. A large majority of fans have had enough of the Bristol Sport rhetoric, nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Said before. It's absolutely nothing to do with 3 points on a Saturday. Good luck to you if you are happy being lied to and having an owner with his bull sh ing son in charge of mediocrity and crass decision making. A large majority of fans have had enough of the Bristol Sport rhetoric, nonsense.

Describe your dream owner, who/what would really make you happy. I'm listening

3 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Describe your dream owner, who/what would really make you happy. I'm listening

Someone with the nous to employ the best people possible to help set clear strategic direction and execute it whilst recognising that you can’t be best mates with every employee, and that sometimes challenge and different of opinion happens for good reason.  Someone who communicates without taking fans for granted.  I don’t expect full transparency on commercially sensitive info.  Someone prepared to fund the club based on the strategy chosen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fjmcity said:

Timing of this poll is hilarious. TGH scores a relatively easy chance on Saturday first half and this poll doesn’t exist. Funny old bunch, football fans 

Not for me. This is about the last 20 odd years of mistakes. Some of which still exist in 2024.

I'm staggered that so many fans want the Lansdowns gone. Would outside investors bring more more chance of the Premier League? Maybe. Would that bring more long term stability? Based on what has happened at other clubs, probably not.

If you asked most football supporters what they want in an owner, wealthy, local and a genuine fan, would be pretty much top of the list.

Be very, very careful what you wish for. Having said that, if some foreign asset strippers have an interest in you- I'm all for it!

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm staggered that so many fans want the Lansdowns gone. Would outside investors bring more more chance of the Premier League? Maybe. Would that bring more long term stability? Based on what has happened at other clubs, probably not.

If you asked most football supporters what they want in an owner, wealthy, local and a genuine fan, would be pretty much top of the list.

Be very, very careful what you wish for. Having said that, if some foreign asset strippers have an interest in you- I'm all for it!

Even the sodding Gas are bang at it now!! As I've said above I wish for Tony Bloom not Steve Lansdown.......is that careful enough for everyone? It's not going to happen but that's my wish and people keep telling me to be careful what I wish for (hint: it's not very original to say that on here!!).

How many "wise men/women" can one City have?!!

Edited by Numero Uno

1 minute ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Tony bloom has hand picked managers for the job, I daresay hes never picked a bad one

Fantastic owner. Built a ground, built a training ground and didn't call it a stupid name from memory and has got both a club and team that we would all give our right arm (figuratively) for. Not only that but when he started the club never had as much as a pot to piss in. That's what I call an owner. They don't all have to be like Chansiri.........

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Even the sodding Gas are bang at it now!! As I've said above I wish for Tony Bloom not Steve Lansdown.......is that careful enough for everyone? It's not going to happen but that's my wish and people keep telling me to be careful what I wish for (hint: it's not very original to say that on here!!).

How many "wise men/women" can one City have?!!

OOWMIB

7 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Be careful what you wish for, exactly, you ended up a gashead 

• Robin 1

Just now, Oh Louie louie said:

Also bloom followed them from a child, he clearly cares and certainly ain't no mug

He is literally the similar version of Steve Lansdown that got it right. None of this "be happy with eight consecutive seasons in the Championship" on his watch.

2 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Around four years ago harry Findlay a big gambler said in a interview watch Brentford and Brighton go from strength to strength in that league, he's a friend of both chairman and he called it spot on

Yep, Matthew Benham is another one......a bit different to Tony Bloom and if it was one or the other it would be the latter for me. The problem is people automatically assume our next Owner (and there will be one within the next 5-10 years) will be Chansiri, Peter Ridsdale, Hicks/Gillett, Mike Ashley or a Vincent Tan type who thinks blue and white quarters brings great luck and success in Outer Mongolia.