IGNORED

West Ham United at home FA Cup replay match thread

We set about them, but it wasn’t OTT. It may be a league of exceptionally skilled players but they are also a bunch of shandy-drinking Pewseys who roll in the clover more than Adge Cutler’s milkmaids.

Grown accustomed to being bailed out by manipulating the officials into awarding them non-existent fouls or calling play back about eigh hours after an incident due to VAR. None of that namby pamby bollards tonight - sorry if we were too rough for you, St Winifrid’s School Choir. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 3

Smashing night at the gate.

Very good team performance.  Manning appeared to get it spot on with the selection and shape.  Of course West Ham had a couple of good chances, but they didn’t put us under untold pressure m even in the first half when they had good control of the game.

Wasnt quite a 343 nor a 3421box, something in between.  Not that it matters.

Managed to rest Knight too (even if he was ill), so he’ll be ready for Saturday hopefully.

Bit lucky with some of our challenges, but I thought the referee managed it fairly.

I don’t care what anyone says, Tommy Conway is the real deal.

IMG_9613.thumb.jpeg.3dbddd3353aa468d6cfff0beda5b0cdb.jpeg

This is the moment Tommy decides to close down the keeper, he didn’t pick up on a bad pass, he anticipated it yards before it happened.

I said before the game I hoped we could win to get some momentum going into Saturday. Fingers crossed.

It’s late, but I’m gonna start watching the bbc coverage now!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very good team performance.  Manning appeared to get it spot on with the selection and shape.  Of course West Ham had a couple of good chances, but they didn’t put us under untold pressure m even in the first half when they had good control of the game.

Managed to rest Knight too (even if he was ill), so he’ll be ready for Saturday hopefully.

Bit lucky with some of our challenges, but I thought the referee managed it fairly.

This is the moment Tommy decides to close down the keeper, he didn’t pick up on a bad pass, he anticipated it yards before it happened.

I said before the game I hoped we could win to get some momentum going into Saturday. Fingers crossed.

I'm about to start watching it too. 

My son watched the BBC coverage on iplayer, during the game whilst sat in his seat! Kids of today hey! 😄 

It was 45 seconds behind real time so it was handy to look over and watch the replays! 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Just what every top striker should have, great anticipation, but what is Zouma doing? That's a great picture Dave, shows how aware TC is

6 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Too many "Heart in your mouth" moments from Zak for anything higher than a 7

First half especially we were so deep and started every goal kick the same I.e. passing it out, and invited pressure from the off, so any slight bad pass put us under immediate pressure.  Second half the sending off eased the pressure so we had more time to do this.  

6 hours ago, WessexPest said:

We set about them, but it wasn’t OTT. It may be a league of exceptionally skilled players but they are also a bunch of shandy-drinking Pewseys who roll in the clover more than Adge Cutler’s milkmaids.

Grown accustomed to being bailed out by manipulating the officials into awarding them non-existent fouls or calling play back about eigh hours after an incident due to VAR. None of that namby pamby bollards tonight - sorry if we were too rough for you, St Winifrid’s School Choir. 

Spot on, the world has gone soft!! If a League 1 or 2 or lower side beat us because they got stuck in and we didn’t then as far as I’m concerned that’s on US not them. I thought they were all tough geezers in East London too - pussies the lot of ‘em!! “Oooh, he kicked our Saeed too hard”………..

• Like 1

Reading their forum this morning. A lot of tears on there about how we roughed them up. Maybe if the pampered stars of West Ham had a bit of desire they wouldn’t be so upset. I thought West Ham were awful over the 2 games and got what they deserved.

Im loving the comments about our nasty team. Dry your eyes you bubble blowing softies 

• Like 2

I didn’t want to bite to any of the comments from West Ham fans, saying that we kicked them off the park over 2 legs, but…. 13 fouls a piece over the 2 games. Williams tackle, isn’t a leg breaker as he’s got the ball, made contact with Ings’ leg and his leg didn’t break… in fact he went on to play 75 more mins… if the ball wasn’t there, then yes by all means a red card. But that small fact and to be fair to the Hammers, it can be tricky to spot in a game of Football, but the ball was there and it was won, looks worse in slow mo, in real time he barely touches Ings. Hence how he continued with no Injury, for a leg breaking tackle…. 

Annnnd, TGH, a little lucky on this one as his hand is high, however, the whole scenario is bought on by Cresswell. He pulls TGH shirt, puts his forearm to TGH chest and as TGH is trying to get away, he swings an arm, could be rose tinted glasses, but I actually think he goes to swing it over Cresswells head to swing his body around and force Cresswell to let go. Because he caught him, lucky not to get a red but at the same time would have been harsh imo. The afters off the ball on our next attack were also instigated by Cresswell as he stares at TGH, goes to body check him and in turn gets sent on his arse. 

IMG_6211.jpeg

IMG_6212.jpeg

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I didn’t want to bite to any of the comments from West Ham fans, saying that we kicked them off the park over 2 legs, but…. 13 fouls a piece over the 2 games. Williams tackle, isn’t a leg breaker as he’s got the ball, made contact with Ings’ leg and his leg didn’t break… in fact he went on to play 75 more mins… if the ball wasn’t there, then yes by all means a red card. But that small fact and to be fair to the Hammers, it can be tricky to spot in a game of Football, but the ball was there and it was won, looks worse in slow mo, in real time he barely touches Ings. Hence how he continued with no Injury, for a leg breaking tackle…. 

Annnnd, TGH, a little lucky on this one as his hand is high, however, the whole scenario is bought on by Cresswell. He pulls TGH shirt, puts his forearm to TGH chest and as TGH is trying to get away, he swings an arm, could be rose tinted glasses, but I actually think he goes to swing it over Cresswells head to swing his body around and force Cresswell to let go. Because he caught him, lucky not to get a red but at the same time would have been harsh imo. The afters off the ball on our next attack were also instigated by Cresswell as he stares at TGH, goes to body check him and in turn gets sent on his arse. 

IMG_6211.jpeg

IMG_6212.jpeg

It's incredible that we matched, then beat a top third Prem team over 180 minutes. Usually a lower league win would be a smash and grab.

And yet we can't score in the league arghhhhh

Obviously you have to get your tactics right but having done that sometimes a game is literally decided because the result matters to all eleven blokes on one team and only 7 or 8 on the other. They had a few shrinking violets in their side and we didn’t, that was enough. Simple as that sometimes.

Credit to Manning for instilling that aggression into the side last night. They didn’t match us because some couldn’t handle it.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Have a read of the West ham forum, it reads like we've beaten them into submission with filthy tactics.

Such it up Irons, it's called football and tough tackling IS allowed. Soft Cockney premiership pussies!!

What happened to the team of Billy Bonds and Julian Dicks?

• Like 2
8 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Your lad’s record is watched 3, won 3! You know the answer - get him, and you, a season ticket 

Honestly, if we lived closer and cost of trains didn’t cost an arm and a leg I truly would.

Tbh, the amount I spend on shit activities alone might balance it out, god its food for thought 🫣

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jose said:

Honestly when did West Ham fans become so soft? The moaning about the big rough Bristol players has me smiling ear to ear. 

I noticed at their place they’re a very different breed than they used to be at the Boleyn.

From Moyes pre match interview onwards I don’t think any of them were up for it and they paid the price.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, bredwood said:

What happened to the team of Billy Bonds and Julian Dicks?

The only player that looked like he really wanted a row and fight for the cause was Coufal but unfortunately for him Pring was just as keen. That was a good battle tbf. As for the rest, we pissed all over them in the aggression stakes.

Great result, we worked hard but showed much better quality in first game for sure. There is still a real lack of goal scoring threat, approach play is decent and then we look terrified to have a go! Twine will help but I’m hoping for one or two more this month. Need to trade Cornick, offers nothing. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The only player that looked like he really wanted a row and fight for the cause was Coufal but unfortunately for him Pring was just as keen. That was a good battle tbf. As for the rest, we pissed all over them in the aggression stakes.

I'm wondering if var has made the prem soft. To quote corporal jones they didn't like it up em.

• Like 1