IGNORED

West Ham United at home FA Cup replay match thread

2 hours ago, Crackers Corner said:

From west ham forum, touch salty?

"Let's call it right. Bristol City had about everything go their way. The unpunished red card offences across both games. The soft red for us. Playing us with half of our team away/injured.

That is the absolute best they can play, and even then it needed a gift of a goal to win it. We had more than enough chances to bury them across both matches, we just didn't take our chances.

That's the FA Cup for you. They really, really wanted it and played out of their skins. We didn't and weren't at our best. They just about shaded the tie."

How can they call that a soft red. To give a yellow in that situation would have been completely ridiculous. Someone kicking up towards a players chest, that’s a red in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, reddoc said:

Problem is, when did you last see a penalty given when the player didn't go down? If you're fouled and don't go down in the box nothing is given. Totally different outside the box. The referees are their own worse enemy. Moan about players diving but then force them to do so.

A sad reflection on the quality of officials we’re stuck with these days, unfortunately.

54 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Another ref would gave given them and my point (obviously) is that if the opposition had done them on our players we would have fans saying exactly the same.

If it had been the other way around I'd be saying the opposing equivalent to TGH was fortunate.

So no different to what I'm saying at the moment.

Still doesn't change that it was not ignored as you had stated.

Edited by transfer reader
6 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

If it had been the other way around I'd be saying the opposing equivalent to TGH was fortunate.

So no different to what I'm saying at the moment.

Still doesn't change that it was not ignored as you had stated.

Phew....

I said red card offences on another day ignored.

Meaning another ref could well have given those cards and giving a yellow would not unreasonably be deemed a cop out by fans of the " victims"

4 hours ago, The Journalist said:

It's fantastic to get through and I thought the club showed up well on the big stage - a proper cup tie, a proper atmosphere and the first proper shock of the third round.

I actually thought we were quite poor in the first half - we broadly defended well but still conceded a couple of very good chances and struggled to string two passes together. We didn't deserve to go in ahead and it was probably the worst of the four halves we played in the tie.

But I thought we looked much more aggressive after half-time, played forward quicker and offered so much more as an attacking force. That was pleasing because if we'd come out after the break just thinking "keep it going, more of the same" it would've caught up with us.

The sending off obviously helped us but even before that we had more intent. And, from the red card onwards, we generally had pretty good control.

It's worth saying that, sat in an office full of neutral and mostly EFL club-supporting fans, the consensus was Joe Williams probably should've been booked on three occasions (although none of us were convinced the first-half challenge was a straight red card given his foot hits the ball, rolls over it and bounces up - it definitely looked worse on the slow mo) and Taylor Gardner-Hickman should clearly have been sent off for swinging his arm at Aaron Cresswell. Both were pretty lucky.

Perhaps if the ref had taken some action over Cresswell's persistent shirt tugging and holding, TGH wouldn't have needed to feel he had to swing his arms to break free?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
1 hour ago, JP Hampton said:

How can they call that a soft red. To give a yellow in that situation would have been completely ridiculous. Someone kicking up towards a players chest, that’s a red in my opinion. 

Exactly. Williams's get out was the tackle could be deemed as ill-timed and clumsy. but not deliberately violent. The retaliation was deliberate. Violent conduct. Straight red. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Exactly. Williams's get out was the tackle could be deemed as ill-timed and clumsy. but not deliberately violent. The retaliation was deliberate. Violent conduct. Straight red. 

Yep, no ambiguity whatsoever in the laws of the game about that. Can have zero complaints for lashing out as he did.

Let the salty tears continue to fall…IMG_9215.thumb.png.ceffdc471589be8fe6b8166a264830f0.png

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Yep, no ambiguity whatsoever in the laws of the game about that. Can have zero complaints for lashing out as he did.

Let the salty tears continue to fall…IMG_9215.thumb.png.ceffdc471589be8fe6b8166a264830f0.png

The salty tears are still falling, lovely stuff :laughcont:

(there is plenty where that came from, entitled bunch of whiners)

Re: Bristol City v West Ham United :Replay match thread

Post by ludo22 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:31 am

prophet:marginal wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:20 amThe paper claims they had 5 shots on target, but in truth they barely threatened us.

I thought they were a mixed bunch and that some of them could barely kick a ball straight.
This is the other annoying thing.Bristol City were absolute gash last night.If it was some inspired performance by a lower league team that really rattled the superior opponents,I could accept it, but they were ****ing awful. Take out their comedy goal,they wouldn't have scored as long as I have a hole in my arse.It is worrying that we couldn't even compete against that.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

prophet:marginal wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:20 amThe paper claims they had 5 shots on target, but in truth they barely threatened us.

I thought they were a mixed bunch and that some of them could barely kick a ball straight.
This is the other annoying thing.Bristol City were absolute gash last night.If it was some inspired performance by a lower league team that really rattled the superior opponents,I could accept it, but they were ****ing awful. Take out their comedy goal,they wouldn't have scored as long as I have a hole in my arse.It is worrying that we couldn't even compete against that.

Oh, you were rattled alright, my Newham slum-dwelling learned friend.

As graceless and pathetic as those comments are - we matched them blow for blow over the 180 minutes, he does have a grain of truth about our lack of goalscoring threat. Nakhi should have buried that chance and put the tie out of sight.

But I look forward to the hole in Ludo’s arse healing up when we face our whipping boys Watford again Saturday. 👍

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

English not your first language?

Or maybe you're just a troll.

Either way cheerio.

Or you're just not communicating well.

Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't clarify it, which is why I repeated the same response back.

If you had tried to make your point clearer I would have responded to that.

At least I didn't have to resort to insults though, and you call me the troll...

• Facepalm 1
2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Perhaps if the ref had taken some action over Cresswell's persistent shirt tugging and holding, TGH wouldn't have needed to feel he had to swing his arms to break free?

Perhaps. But to use your own reply below…

Cresswell’s holding could be deemed as clumsy. but not deliberately violent. The retaliation was deliberate. Violent conduct. Straight red. 

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Can only assume he hasn’t had a shit in a very long time!

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Perhaps. But to use your own reply below…

Cresswell’s holding could be deemed as clumsy. but not deliberately violent. The retaliation was deliberate. Violent conduct. Straight red. 

Well, you don't "accidentally" hold someone's shirt and the so-called punch was actually a mild slap to the back of the head - a warning shot so to speak. Whether it met the criteria of "violent conduct" is moot. Cresswell's head doesn't even move. I had weightier blows off my kids when they were toddlers.

I'm aware both TGH and Williams could've been dismissed, but equally I can see why the ref didn't. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well, you don't "accidentally" hold someone's shirt and the so-called punch was actually a mild slap to the back of the head - a warning shot so to speak. Whether it met the criteria of "violent conduct" is moot. Cresswell's head doesn't even move. I had weightier blows off my kids when they were toddlers.

I'm aware both TGH and Williams could've been dismissed, but equally I can see why the ref didn't. 

He only didn’t dismiss THG because he didn’t see it!

6 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Oh dear. How infantile. 
I didn’t notice any WHU fans laughing at our goal strangely enough. 

That Jonathan Pearce call himself a City fan.

Just watched his commentary of Arsenal v Palace.

No mention of anything to do with  Bristol City !

A golden opportunity for another 3,000 Bristol City history, name-drops and player anecdotes goes a begging.

C'mon Pearcey, you can do better than that.

(However, I suspect his bosses might have has a quiet word in his ear after the West Ham game)