IGNORED

Trouble by park

Topper 123

14 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Honestly I've never met an Eastern European I didn't like, they can never do enough for you.

My Mrs works in autistic adult social care with lots of them and they're constantly buying her snacks, fags and booze, inviting us round for dinner, sending her home with homecooked food for the both of us, going out of their way to be neighbourly and kind. Just the other day she came back with an enormous plate of dumplings and stew that we saw off in one sitting. 

Same goes for the inordinate amount of Zambians I've now met through that bunch - what a stunning group of people they all are. 

I share your views entirely concerning Eastern Europeans.

Your comment about Zambians brought back some fond memories.

Many years ago I used to visit construction sites in the Middle East, and would often look somewhat disdainfully at the labourers (Indian, Pakistani, Yemeni and the like), lazy and trying their damnedest to avoid working - Yes, I understood that external manual work in extreme temperatures is tiring. 

The Zambians, however, were a totally different case, throwing themselves in to quite physical work, and always with a smile on their face. 

• Like 1

• Admin

I met friends for drinks in the fan zone yesterday 

Seemed a heck of a lot of Watford fans walked through this area, I wondered if the away coaches dropped off at the wrong end of the ground 

Apart from many looking completely lost, there wasn't one bit of aggro etc just football fans mingling and chatting with each other 

• Like 1

Interesting thread about those who've settled in Bristol from abroad who've and gone on to become City supporters, including 2nd and 3rd generation, but as the OP said the fans sounded like they came from Poland I'd assumed he'd heard them talking in what he took to be Polish, in that case perhaps more likely to be visiting as a group rather than brought up in Bristol.

Either way Bristol has long been known as a City of incomers and very much continues to be so, whether it be through immigration, the unusually high number choosing to stay in the area after university, or big local employers recruiting from around the country, so it's important a fair number of those that become permanent residents go on to support City.

Worth remembering then that while Bristol may be seen as having a large population, a great number are not Bristolians - my road in BS3 perhaps a prime example, I'd estimate 70% of households being non Bristolian  - and therefore do not have the affiliation with Bristol City F.C. that most of us had originally through family and friends to get us down there in the first place, so there are a huge number who live here permanently (and are obviously counted as part of the Bristol's population when it's described as so large in football catchment area terms) who don't have a natural leaning to support the local clubs and those with an interest in football and wanting to watch it live - and their offspring - somehow have to be persuaded to make City their team.

There are some encouraging signs this is slowly happening but clearly much untapped potential support in the area for the club to work on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phantom said:

I met friends for drinks in the fan zone yesterday 

Seemed a heck of a lot of Watford fans walked through this area, I wondered if the away coaches dropped off at the wrong end of the ground 

Apart from many looking completely lost, there wasn't one bit of aggro etc just football fans mingling and chatting with each other 

If they were dropped off at the wrong end probably supporters coaches ( usually non confrontational fans ) the more volatile fan wouldn’t be around fan zones in my opinion but I suppose that’s if they can get a drink in a boozer in Bemmy or town , also it was Watford would probably say the most non football violence fans in the league , 

5 coaches of Leeds fans turn up at the fan zone 👊🥊🙈