IGNORED

Trouble by park

Topper 123

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Did they 'take' any of the pubs - as was apparently their plan? I don't get involved with any of that but I've heard a few suggest there was some trouble about. 

You been watching football factory again?

• Haha 1

the policing after the game seemed a bit random. they stopped you going into the park (2 horses) but everyone just went along 10 feet and went over the wall - what was the point in blocking us at the gate then?

also the police kettled the WH fans then as it got a bit lairy they just let them loose with the city fans. again pointless IMO

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Did they 'take' any of the pubs - as was apparently their plan? I don't get involved with any of that but I've heard a few suggest there was some trouble about. 

I understand they closed the tobacco factory because West Ham fans were in there “singing”. 
Bit childish in my opinion. Nowt wrong with singing. 

Re other pubs. I understand there was an incident at the Rising Sun involving the doorman. You can guess who came out on top there 🤣

Plus an incident by Spanish Bar. I believe a few Hammers got a bit of a whacking, even after they had it on their toes. 
I did hear the comment “you’d think they’d be better at running away since they play at an athletics track” 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

5 minutes ago, Antman said:

the policing after the game seemed a bit random. they stopped you going into the park (2 horses) but everyone just went along 10 feet and went over the wall - what was the point in blocking us at the gate then?

also the police kettled the WH fans then as it got a bit lairy they just let them loose with the city fans. again pointless IMO

Yeah was a bit odd. A couple of West Ham fans were getting lairy at some city fans at the start of Coronation Road, but was all words and gestures as usual... They then apparently nearly got run over by a lorry so they started punching it and shouting at the driver.

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I understand they closed the tobacco factory because West Ham fans were in there “singing”. 

Re other pubs. I understand there was an incident at the Rising Sun involving the doorman. You can guess who came out on top there 🤣

Plus an incident by Spanish Bar. I believe a few Hammers got a bit of a whacking, even after they had it on their toes. 
I did hear the comment “you’d think they’d be better at running away since they play at an athletics track” 🤣

I was in the tobacco factory, nothing but a bit of singing, everyone in there was in a good mood. They stopped serving until they had stopped singing. Pointless really

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Yep apparently they were going to go in the lions. Didn’t see any flat cappers in there 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

I was walking past the rising sun when that happened - some bloke decided it would be a good idea to try diving head first into the door and bouncer. He was on the floor quite quickly after that…

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Antman said:

Walking towards the underpasses post match two policemen were stood at the footpath by the cottages. There was an overwhelming smell of weed everywhere and I asked one if they could smell it - he grinned and shrugged his shoulders………:dunno:

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Walking towards the underpasses post match two policemen were stood at the footpath by the cottages. There was an overwhelming smell of weed everywhere and I asked one if they could smell it - he grinned and shrugged his shoulders………:dunno:

You could work that into an anecdote one day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

I was walking past the rising sun when that happened - some bloke decided it would be a good idea to try diving head first into the door and bouncer. He was on the floor quite quickly after that…

When I walked past he was on the floor being cuffed by about 4 cops and was repeatedly screaming "stop touching my ass!"

I quite liked how intimidating it was on Ashton Rd after the game, if I was a West Ham fan I'd have been keeping my head down.

A few obviously chose to give some mouth back and there were a couple of small fights. 

The old bill were out for the City young uns trying to nick them all, so a game of hide and seek ensued in the streets behind El Rincon. 

Heard one young'un saying to his mate "I gave him a gurt right hand" classic. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 4

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Partially decriminalised now anyway, innit? AT LAST.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

When I walked past he was on the floor being cuffed by about 4 cops and was repeatedly screaming "stop touching my ass!"

I quite liked how intimidating it was on Ashton Rd after the game, if I was a West Ham fan I'd have been keeping my head down.

A few obviously chose to give some mouth back and there were a couple of small fights. 

The old bill were out for the City young uns trying to nick them all, so a game of hide and seek ensued in the streets behind El Rincon. 

Reminded me of this 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Paul G said:

I was in the tobacco factory, nothing but a bit of singing, everyone in there was in a good mood. They stopped serving until they had stopped singing. Pointless really

Was overcrowded there. The one bouncer on the door - usually two of them - allowed masses of folks in then got told off for doing so and locked the doors.

I went to the Beer Factory instead where the atmosphere between home fans and the visitors was relaxed. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Tasty atmosphere walking along Ashton road after, plenty of niggle and a few scuffles leading up to North street, then saw it start by El Rincon , City chased West Ham up side streets. Didn’t see any other trouble after that as crossed river towards Orchard .

Strange bunch, only come back they seemed to say was that they were in Europe, one got told ,” you ain’t in Europe now pal, your in South Bristol”.  Definitely a very changed fan base over the years

• Like 5
  • Haha 6