IGNORED

Trouble by park

Topper 123

12 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Thats CSM, not CSF, it works better if they are French, although theyd be going backwards and surrendering if they were French!

I, along with other France residing fans (formidably led by His Maj, the Major of Isewater), resemble that remark !!  We even have our own flag ready for the heat of battle.

PS: the only thing we do request is that you don't attack us at lunchtime as that is a tad inconsiderate.

à l'eau, c'est l'heure

flag.jpg

Edited by BigTone
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

57 minutes ago, Harry said:

I understand they closed the tobacco factory because West Ham fans were in there “singing”. 
Bit childish in my opinion. Nowt wrong with singing. 

Re other pubs. I understand there was an incident at the Rising Sun involving the doorman. You can guess who came out on top there 🤣

Plus an incident by Spanish Bar. I believe a few Hammers got a bit of a whacking, even after they had it on their toes. 
I did hear the comment “you’d think they’d be better at running away since they play at an athletics track” 🤣

The Rising Sun Incident was nothing to do with West Ham fans. City fan was not allowed in and preceded to go for the bouncer who stopped him

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I understand they closed the tobacco factory because West Ham fans were in there “singing”. 
Bit childish in my opinion. Nowt wrong with singing. 

Re other pubs. I understand there was an incident at the Rising Sun involving the doorman. You can guess who came out on top there 🤣

Plus an incident by Spanish Bar. I believe a few Hammers got a bit of a whacking, even after they had it on their toes. 
I did hear the comment “you’d think they’d be better at running away since they play at an athletics track” 🤣

Depends what they are singing, "stick your tractors up your arse" seemed to be the favourite of the evening. I would say that's slightly inflammatory.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Depends what they are singing, "stick your tractors up your arse" seemed to be the favourite of the evening. I would say that's slightly inflammatory.

There were similar chants coming from the East End corner of the South Stand involving bubbles. 
I suppose those are less inflammatory because bubbles wouldn’t be as painful as tractors I suppose 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Was walking up north st to get some grub before the game and bizarrely a load of West Ham fans the other side of the road started chanting ‘you’re shagging your sister’ at me.  Funnily enough I was with my sister, my nephew and my daughter ( and no I’m not!) My 12 year old girl found it baffling that grown men should be shouting that, and I must admit although I found it mildly amusing , aiming that sort of stuff at people with young kids shows the level of intelligence of these drunken muppets 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, mattjb said:

Was walking up north st to get some grub before the game and bizarrely a load of West Ham fans the other side of the road started chanting ‘you’re shagging your sister’ at me.  Funnily enough I was with my sister, my nephew and my daughter ( and no I’m not!) My 12 year old girl found it baffling that grown men should be shouting that, and I must admit although I found it mildly amusing , aiming that sort of stuff at people with young kids shows the level of intelligence of these drunken muppets 

Preciously - going in pubs that are usually frequented by family orientated home fans that just want to spend some time together and getting abuse/banter from pissed up ********* is likely to attract attention from our own pissed up ********* that don't usually have anyone to aim there knobish behaviour at.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

When I walked past he was on the floor being cuffed by about 4 cops and was repeatedly screaming "stop touching my ass!"

I quite liked how intimidating it was on Ashton Rd after the game, if I was a West Ham fan I'd have been keeping my head down.

A few obviously chose to give some mouth back and there were a couple of small fights. 

The old bill were out for the City young uns trying to nick them all, so a game of hide and seek ensued in the streets behind El Rincon. 

Heard one young'un saying to his mate "I gave him a gurt right hand" classic. 

Ashton Gate needs to be much more intimidating to away fans and teams. Just like the 80s.
We actually win a few games cause they don’t like a bit of aggression from little old Bristol City.

• Like 11
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

53 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Good to hear there's a pathway for our academy young uns to taste some action.

For a minute, I thought the mention of Poles and Serbs meant we'd gone down the loan route instead.

Don’t worry, there are plenty of coke heads coming through. Give it a year or two.

• Flames 1

15 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

Looked like 40 or so City fans ran straight into West Ham large group, police horses responded but as I walked close by I was surprised the city crowd had a lot of ,sounded like polish lads with them ,are they Bristol polish ? 

Yes. we do have a fairly large Polish contingent.

Many of the latest cadre (including other Eastern Europeans) were "recruited" by their City-supporting workmates, and UK-born Poles (including their descendents) who have been following City since the 1960s. So they have been with us much longer than the Czechs and others you mention, and who, very possibly, were brought on-board by the Poles.

There were always around 20 or so Polaks in the East End (and later the Park End) when we were pushing for promotion in the early 70's and throughout our time in the old First Division. They came from all parts of Bristol. Many followed us both home and away. Several went around with well-known mobs throughout Bristol and had close affiliations with certain Irish, Italian and Sicilian groups.

Three of those original Bristol Polaks (this is what they called themselves) still attend home games along with a sizeable number of family members. They sometimes fly those Polish flags (red and white of course with a Golden or White Eagle), so it should be easy enough to spot them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Many of the latest cadre (including other Eastern Europeans) were "recruited" by their City-supporting workmates, and UK-born Poles (including their descendents) who have been following City since the 1960s. So they have been with us much longer than the Czechs and others you mention, and who, very possibly, were brought on-board by the Poles.

There were always around 20 or so Polaks in the East End (and later the Park End) when we were pushing for promotion in the early 70's and throughout our time in the old First Division. They came from all parts of Bristol. Many followed us both home and away. Several went around with well-known mobs throughout Bristol and had close affiliations with certain Irish, Italian and Sicilian groups.

Three of those original Bristol Polaks (this is what they called themselves) still attend home games along with a sizeable number of family members. They sometimes fly those Polish flags (red and white of course with a Golden or White Eagle), so it should be easy enough to spot them.

In the old First Division days, the biggest numbers of overseas requests for City merchandise - no online shop back then of course - was from Poland.

I collected stamps in those days (I know, I know.... 😩 ) and I had hundreds of Polish ones, courtesy of the envelopes my dad brought home from the Gate. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Thanks RR.

Didn't know that.

Any idea why?

Not sure really, but I know during wartime the Bristol area had a sizeable Polish contingent based around here, a number of whom stayed post-War.  Hence the excellent Polish Club in Clifton. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Never heard this before, certainly loads of second generation Irish City fans in KW though, I went to the local South Bristol Catholic school and there were very few Polish there (Poland being a very staunch Catholic nation)

14 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Not sure really, but I know during wartime the Bristol area had a sizeable Polish contingent based around here, a number of whom stayed post-War.  Hence the excellent Polish Club in Clifton. 

Used to be a fair few living up Gloucester rd,St Andrew’s and Bishopston mainly.

Edited by NOTBLUE
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Walking towards the underpasses post match two policemen were stood at the footpath by the cottages. There was an overwhelming smell of weed everywhere and I asked one if they could smell it - he grinned and shrugged his shoulders………:dunno:

Seemed like they did the right thing for once.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

And the Polish Church 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fisherrich said:

Ashton Gate needs to be much more intimidating to away fans and teams. Just like the 80s.
We actually win a few games cause they don’t like a bit of aggression from little old Bristol City.

Game changed for all since then but I did think it was nicely partisan last night, bit feisty. Some of the challenges helped too.

Load of idiots shouting 'Where's your famous ICF?' like they were in Green Street 3: The tales of Ashton Road before jumping up and down behind horses (both sides on this front). Few punches seen but all relatively shouty and trying to make it look like they were interested in something happening.

Amusing nonetheless!

21 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Never heard this before, certainly loads of second generation Irish City fans in KW though, I went to the local South Bristol Catholic school and there were very few Polish there (Poland being a very staunch Catholic nation)

Assume you're talking about Primary School.

Holy Cross and St Pius always seemed to have several Poles from the late 50s onwards (though relatively small in proportion to the large number of Irish). Don't forget that many Polish surnames aren't obviously Polish (if you know what I mean).

Some of the kids I knew had surnames such as Ciepek, Doda, Popiel, Hendzel, Cichy, Redko, Krupa and Tarmach.

42 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Assume you're talking about Primary School.

Holy Cross and St Pius always seemed to have several Poles from the late 50s onwards (though relatively small in proportion to the large number of Irish). Don't forget that many Polish surnames aren't obviously Polish (if you know what I mean).

Some of the kids I knew had surnames such as Ciepek, Doda, Popiel, Hendzel, Cichy, Redko, Krupa and Tarmach.

Christ the King primary in KW and St. Bernadette Secondary, I”m talking ‘70-‘80