IGNORED

Josh Stokes - Signed and Loaned Back

Harry

4 hours ago, Glen hump said:

Worked in Merthyr for a month, first night me and a couple of lads went into the pup next to our digs it was like a scene off a film the whole place went silent, proper throw back , it’s like it’s stuck in the 70s

Back in the late 70s early 80s Cornwall was the same.

Worked on some big roofing jobs down their, Redruth Camborne Helston and the locals working on site hated us.

One job in Camborne when we walked into the canteen they would walk out.

As for the pubs it was like An American Werewolf in London.!!🤣

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Absolutely.

Conway   Vyner   Bell    O'Leary   Pring   Tanner - they were all "one's for the future" but have become 'one's for now' having just dispatched West Ham in the FA Cup. Then there's Scott & Semenyo who have made the club more sustainable. The total cost of these 8 players is £275,000 and receipts on just two is £30,000,000

What is it that makes people so critical of BCFC buying or developing exciting young talent? 

I’m not being critical , I really do think we have the makings of a very good side , though we never seem to have them all ready at the right time , by the time this stokes lad ( if he signs ) and the Irish lad are up and ready for first team with our track record we will probably have sold another 2 or 3 so we never seem to get the best all at once , it’s just very frustrating, imagine if we would have been able to keep  semenyo scott and Kelly with this current side 

don’t get me wrong I know it’s never gonna happen but still no less frustrating 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, redkev said:

I’m not being critical , I really do think we have the makings of a very good side , though we never seem to have them all ready at the right time , by the time this stokes lad ( if he signs ) and the Irish lad are up and ready for first team with our track record we will probably have sold another 2 or 3 so we never seem to get the best all at once , it’s just very frustrating, imagine if we would have been able to keep  semenyo scott and Kelly with this current side 

don’t get me wrong I know it’s never gonna happen but still no less frustrating 

Yes- possibly and it's frustrating to be a selling club  but SL said some time ago that was the model. The other issue is that as long as we are in the Championship , we have zero chance of keeping a player who wants away when a PL club comes calling and they all do even if its Bournemouth .

Some have said about a new collection of No10's as if it were a bad thing. I think that if we have developed two that are really good ( e.g. Murphy and possibly Stokes) then perfect- sell one and keep the other. Some time back it was hoped that this would be the case with Scott and Benerous but injury prevented this plan from happening.

38 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Do we think Stokes is for the here and now or for the future to some degree.

ie next season onwards.

He’s going back on loan to Aldershot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Being local to Aldershot, I messaged a friend who is a season ticket holder for some insight on him. Fair to say his response, has filled me with quite the optimism. 

His reply:

'He seems like the real deal, a natural finisher but he's also an intelligent player. His work rate enables him to get in the right positions, to take advantage of mistakes at this level. I've seen plenty of non-league players come and go, often trying a level above, to just flop as they can be an unknown. My concern for you would be, you only get one chance in a game. At National league level, you just wait for the next mistake from an opposing player to capitalise on. However with Stokes, there is something different about him. He's got an instinct of playing football I've rarely seen at this level, and that goes back over 15 years now. The correspondent for the local paper (but also does national non-league coverage, say's he's the best teenage player he's seen since..... Jamie Vardy. Only time will tell if you have yourself a similar level of player'.

Did he watch a lot of Northern Premier League Division One South football (Tier 9) back when Vardy was a teenager then? 😂

(Vardy made it to tier 5 at 23)

4 hours ago, weepywall said:

We visited it about 3 times for a FA Cup replay many years back before penalties decided the outcome..was almost tempted to buy a house there as I seemed to spend so much time there 🤦‍♂️

I went to all 3 of those games, and myself and my mates all thought that Steve Claridge was outstanding for them, and we all thought he would make a brilliant signing for us.............wonder whatever happened to him?  Hmmmm?

33 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Did he watch a lot of Northern Premier League Division One South football (Tier 9) back when Vardy was a teenager then? 😂

(Vardy made it to tier 5 at 23)

I've no idea. I've copied and pasted what I was sent by a friend, who watches Aldershot week in, week out. 

I can't vouch for what the local journalist has said, but I do know that Vardy was being scouted and watched from around 18, despite not making a move until his early twenties. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Piercy says we are still keen on a first team attacking signing by end of month, the word ‘attacking’ means the new ITK Ian may be right when he said it wasn’t a striker. So which attacking players are OOC in the summer? I just get the feeling based on the praise he gives online to a former player it may be true…..but then again! 

I may be wrong, but would confidently say Ian Gay is not getting any info from BT

...directly atleast, just started reading the senior reds thread 👍🏻

Edited by Lydered
Added 2nd half
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I thought that's why there was many mentions of 'Ted' but I thought they couldn't be that sad surely..

Yeah they could.

Dont forget they were in the same division a few years ago, which meant they were visited by the needy bastards who no doubt spent hours before the game telling them how evil us ‘teds’ are (use of the term ‘teds’ being the giveaway). 

Its utterly pathetic but it’s what they do.

50 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

That's easy for you to say

I can't speak Welsh but know pronunciation from my grandparents. And singing the anthem when Cymru slaughter England especially in rugby, is like seventh heaven. Only City going to the Prem can beat that?

Diolch yn fawr!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1