IGNORED

Josh Stokes - Signed and Loaned Back

Harry

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

Aldershot fans seems to think that fee is too low..

https://www.shotsweb.site/shotsweb/viewtopic.php?t=56409

Plus a few hate us for some reason?!

We used to ‘play up’ big time in the 80’s at Aldershot, pitch invasions, crowd trouble etc. I imagine some of their fan base can remember. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Why would Aldershot fans hate us for?! 🤣

Bullies, one said. Remember a trip there in 1983, proper rumble at the back of the stand at half time, resulting in a foray onto pitch for me. Fortunately, I could run faster than 6 others, who became a tasty snack for the police dogs they let loose!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Bullies, one said. Remember a trip there in 1983, proper rumble at the back of the stand at half time, resulting in a foray onto pitch for me. Fortunately, I could run faster than 6 others, who became a tasty snack for the police dogs they let loose!

18 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

also the fun had with the squaddies later in town centre

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Indeed, our coach was very spacious on the way back to the Black Horse, as many of our number decided to spend the evening in Aldershot

1 hour ago, Red said:

also the fun had with the squaddies later in town centre

This is very sweet, I wonder if it lead to any lasting romantic relationships 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Teds🤣

We used to be in competition with Aldershot, many years ago, indeed I've been there a few times in the 80's.

The 2 clubs have had very different trajectories since those days though. A 40 year grudge does seem rather excessive TBH. Almost gash like.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Stokes used to play for Sudbury who were step 8 in the English pyramid and they played Hashtag United (semi pro YouTube team). Second half of this video onwards Sudbury comeback from 2-0 down and he is very instrumental 

Enjoyed that.

Looks a great set up at Sudbury, didn't know the Isthmian league went out that far.

Stokes two assists and a goal.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Back in the late 70s early 80s Cornwall was the same.

Worked on some big roofing jobs down their, Redruth Camborne Helston and the locals working on site hated us.

One job in Camborne when we walked into the canteen they would walk out.

As for the pubs it was like An American Werewolf in London.!!🤣

I would hazard a guess that those same pubs would be just as welcoming today 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

We used to ‘play up’ big time in the 80’s at Aldershot, pitch invasions, crowd trouble etc. I imagine some of their fan base can remember. 

My old man got hit by a whiskey bottle one season and a shoe the next. The home and away sections were right next to each other and City always went in numbers. 

Saw Carl Shutt score a worldy there in injury time. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

On 18/01/2024 at 14:28, Bcfc24 said:

Totally agree with all that, what I meant was it underwhelming in terms of what the rest of this season looks like, as imo we still need to add 1 more that can add to the first team straight away

I really think everything is being geared to next season. 

Just can’t admit that to season ticket holders etc.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I like the look of him, good signing. 👍 

Is this one of the signings that Tinnion referred to at the Senior Reds this week? 

On the basis that it sounds like he would be loaned back, until the end of the season, I’d hope that he would be in addition to the other one or two players that we hope to sign (for the 1st team) before the end of the window.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fairweather said:

I really think everything is being geared to next season. 

Just can’t admit that to season ticket holders etc.

Tbf I think season ticket holders can work out that we aren't consistent enough and do not possess enough quality to finish top 6. Twine should help on that score but he isn't the Messiah. However a win today against a Watford side that will be looking to avenge Boxing Day would at least keep us in with a sniff prior to four more very tough games on the horizon.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

It may well be done but it is not dusted until Robbored has confirmed that it is on the official site!

Well, The Real (yes real, he's so famous there maybe fakes) Bristol Boy confirmed it was done yesterday.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 11.08.40.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chowie said:

Well, The Real (yes real, he's so famous there maybe fakes) Bristol Boy confirmed it was done yesterday.

If, as the great Sage says, it’s confirmed why ‘ hopefully ‘ confirmation coming . Shouldn’t it read ‘ confirmation coming’ without the doubt expressed by the word ‘ hopefully ‘ ? 

5 minutes ago, chowie said:

Yep, several people knew that yesterday, just didn’t feel the need to put it on Twitter. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, several people knew that yesterday, just didn’t feel the need to put it on Twitter. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don't be jealous that Ian Gay knows more about Bristol City, our transfers AND football in general than you David...

• Haha 3