IGNORED

F1 2024 Season

phantom

• Admin
On 24/01/2024 at 17:39, Slippin cider said:

I like F1 but prefer it years ago when it was raw ….its all a bit sanitised now and has become rather boring at times .

With the advent of Formula E and with F1 looking to synthetic fuels, I'd like to see a return to proper engines (big V's) and get rid of batteries and KERS.

• Like 1

Lewis Hamilton could make a shock move to Ferrari for the 2025 season, BBC Sport understands.

Several sources say claims of links between the seven-time champion and Ferrari should be taken seriously, but a deal is not yet confirmed.

Ferrari want Hamilton to join Charles Leclerc for the 2025 season.

The 39-year-old signed a new two-year deal with Mercedes for 2024 and 2025 last summer but it seems he can leave after one season, should he choose.

8 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Hamilton probably thinks 2025 cannot come soon enough!

And surely Sainz will be lined up by Mercedes or Red Bull?

Strong start for Haas - maybe the change has done them good?

Let’s face it, he’s not going to get any special treatment now they know he’s leaving, the opposite in fact. They won’t be sharing new tech etc with him, in case he blabs to Ferrari when he gets there. Russell will get any advancements etc, and they’ll just wind down Lewis’s contract. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Let’s face it, he’s not going to get any special treatment now they know he’s leaving, the opposite in fact. They won’t be sharing new tech etc with him, in case he blabs to Ferrari when he gets there. Russell will get any advancements etc, and they’ll just wind down Lewis’s contract. 

Spot on.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a reserve driver in or two much later in the season .

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

The one race I decide to stay in bed and not get up, and THAT happens! The cheering was brilliant to hear I have to say, and his stroppy face! :D 

Still watching it (delayed obviously) C’mon Norris! 

Once again Norris didn't get a single mention in the BBC write up of the race, just the winner and how poorly Hamilton did , along with Russell . Has he done something to offend the hacks at the beeb, **** me , he IS British !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Once again Norris didn't get a single mention in the BBC write up of the race, just the winner and how poorly Hamilton did , along with Russell . Has he done something to offend the hacks at the beeb, **** me , he IS British !

Unless we're looking at a different BBC report, I counted six separate mentions for Norris.