IGNORED

Watford at home match thread

1 minute ago, mozo said:

15 shots, 6 on target so far. I can't believe how everyone is so negative about our performance today.

It’s dull. Bar the goal we’ve only looked like scoring by a set piece . It’s a snooze fest. Points wise we are going nowhere at the moment.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 5
1 minute ago, mozo said:

15 shots, 6 on target so far. I can't believe how everyone is so negative about our performance today.

Yeh I thought was a fine, maybe even good, performance. Twine settled in through the game, and the set pieces look good. Decent performance and result.

• Like 3

Said it earlier - they have some good players! We did really well to get back into the game from 0-1, and showed some good signs. Twine hit the ground running and put in several dangerous dead balls, we pressed and got in their faces, had them running back towards their own goal at times. Wasn't the constant back and forth between Tanner and Vyner that we've seen in some games. We played a lot better than we have done in the league recently - but Watford were also better than what we've come up against. Take a point and a solid performance and move on - free hit on Friday against Forest and hopefully another good atmosphere under the lights. Looking forward to it.

• Like 3
Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh I thought was a fine, maybe even good, performance. Twine settled in through the game, and the set pieces look good. Decent performance and result.

100% agree. Always a difficult game, made harder by Dickie hanging his arm in the air to give them a pen, but overall I think we shaded it. 

Unusual for City to have so many headed chances. Twine scored a really good one. McCrorie wasted one. Dickie and Pring nearly scored with headers.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

2 pretty even sided teams who cancelled each out. Not a bad home point in the scheme of things

agreed. If we had drawn 1-1 up there and won 4-1 today, we'd all be ecstatic.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Jose said:

It’s dull. Bar the goal we’ve only looked like scoring by a set piece . It’s a snooze fest. Points wise we are going nowhere at the moment.

We were playing Watford, not Swindon Town. What were you expecting?

• Like 2
Just now, Jose said:

Yep Cov next. Then Leeds. Oh then Boro. Not forgetting Southampton. So better not expect t0o much excitement from them…………

To manage expectations, don't expect us to run rings around those teams with free-flowing samba football and flicks n tricks! Those is a competitive league and Watford would have been 6th if they'd have held onto their lead.

• Like 2

Next few league games are very tough on paper. If we play like we did today - we'll pick up a few points, but we won't win them all. The last three league games were very, very poor. But this sort of run is where Manning's whole spiel about not getting too emotional rings true. 

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Or... that was another hard game!

4 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

2 pretty even sided teams who cancelled each out. Not a bad home point in the scheme of things

I would just like to actually see some chances actually created in a home game, and see a home win that doesn’t need a penalty. That’s just facts to me, don’t think that’s being too overly negative.  

As I’ve said before, is just yet another season where it feels like “just get to the summer and go again”. 

• Like 3

So those 15 shots and several headers on goal came from passing back to O'Leary?

Just now, petehinton said:

I would just like to actually see some chances actually created in a home game, and see a home win that doesn’t need a penalty. That’s just facts to me, don’t think that’s being too overly negative.  

As I’ve said before, is just yet another season where it feels like “just get to the summer and go again”. 

If you want facts, look at the stats. Or the highlights. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, cellist said:

Said it earlier - they have some good players! We did really well to get back into the game from 0-1, and showed some good signs. Twine hit the ground running and put in several dangerous dead balls, we pressed and got in their faces, had them running back towards their own goal at times. Wasn't the constant back and forth between Tanner and Vyner that we've seen in some games. We played a lot better than we have done in the league recently - but Watford were also better than what we've come up against. Take a point and a solid performance and move on - free hit on Friday against Forest and hopefully another good atmosphere under the lights. Looking forward to it.

Think that's slightly generous.

Set piece delivery was very good, but in open play very little came off for him (with the obvious exception of the tap in). Also thought his pressing lacked a bit of intensity compared to our other midfielders and forwards.

Hopefully it's just a case of him taking a couple of weeks to assimilate.

• Like 5