IGNORED

Watford at home match thread

1 minute ago, The chief said:

Wasn’t it just 😂 . My point was u do see a lot of our younger fans joining in so fair play to em. Not to everyone’s taste then. 
enjoy the game 

u reds. 

I’m just a miserable git!

Seriously though, I think there have been cases where players lose concentration when it’s being sung and we concede, and look a bit stupid.  That’s the main reason.

• Like 1
Just now, Mr Hankey said:

Already seen online from City that there is a big banner thing of Tinnion in Section 82 🙄

Un******* believable. I’ve always thought the small mentality was just at board level. The fans base are just as bad. The fans forum in the Hen and Chicken confirmed that. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Seriously though, I think there have been cases where players lose concentration when it’s being sung and we concede, and look a bit stupid.  That’s the main reason.

Really?? 

Never noticed that tbf but interesting if true. Maybe due to the younger age of the squad

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The Sheffield derby a few years back was a good example. Wednesday fans doing after scoring and then Sheffield united went up other and scored. Funny to see. 

Anyone feeling uncharacteristically confident today? Hoping to see more of the Tanner/Mcrorie right side, at least while Sykes is out- thought that looked promising, a few rusty touches aside. Feels like we’ve got some decent options from the bench as well, albeit limited defense at present. 

Feeling in good fettle since Tuesday, some good squad options, plus we’ve only just comfortably thrashed them away 4-1 so I’m going to go for a classic 0-3 Watford, to really bring me back down to earth. 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

I don’t get too hung up on formations because in today’s game it’s very fluid . Although , will it be penned as 3-4-3 but more like a 3-4-2-1

And it changes with or without the ball.

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, The chief said:

Bounce around has been going for nearly 20 years so a whole generation of young uns knows it, and it has history of sorts. 
 At least it generates atmosphere- West Ham and Plymouth good recent home examples . 

Dont  mind it myself , better than some generic dirge that all other teams sing like Allez allez allez . 

Under Johnson snr & junior yes.