IGNORED

Watford at home match thread

11 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yep. A pitch parade for winning a F.A cup tie. It’s small club mentality . Sort of thing we’d rip the piss out of the 15er’s for doing . Isn’t there someone on here from S82 ? It’s tinpot lads. Oh & stop that ******* bouncing nonsense as well . Pathetic 

Just stroking Tinnions ego here methinks. He'll be back on X (Twitter) tonight

• Like 2
15 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Am I the only one thinking this is a bit embarrassing?

It would be bad enough, but we’ve literally just beat a 6th placed team that won a European trophy last year.

some big results in our history, but if we’re celebrating an anniversary of that what does it say about the rest of our history?

Pinpot to say the least. Imagine celebrating beating Liverpool in a one off game 30 years ago!!!!! Jesus. 

• Like 3

Starting 11 will be interesting.

Will he have McCorie in

Also Knight, TGH, Twine and Williams can he get them all in the team.

Dont think Sykes is back for today. When he is fit he also needs to be in.

Will need to move to 3 5 1 1 to get everyone in.

Leave Bell and Mehmeti on the bench and a diff look formation.

Max

McCorie  Vyner Dickie Pring 

Williams

Knight      TGH      Mehmeti

Twine

Conway

• Like 1

Does Twine start today or get introduced on 65 mins?  Who does he replace?

How about McCrorrie?  Do we play a back 3/5 like against West Ham or go back to the tried and trusted back 4 that seemed to lack creativity?

Do we start on the front foot or go back to left 2 3, right 2 3, back to the keeper 2 3, hoof it up the field and give it away mentality?

Lots of questions for me, but 3 points could put us well in contention.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
14 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Christ, there's some miserable buggers on here.

Why is it miserable . In regards the Liverpool win . Along with the club over decades thinking small time in the past . Celebrating a one off F.A cup win against what was  a good result at the time , is a very small club mentality . 
Will we be celebrating a league cup quarter final win over the mancs in the future ? It’s embarrassing . 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

How long do you have to do something before it becomes synonymous with your fanbase? 

I wonder if there were fans in the '60's moaning that Drink up thee cider, "has nothing to do with football and is making us look like embarrassing stereotypes"?

Drink up thee cider is synonymous with the West Country . Although they also sing the I can’t read I can’t write song which is bloody embarrassing as is Grown men bouncing around like little kids 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Drink up thee cider is synonymous with the West Country . Although they also sing the I can’t read I can’t write song which is bloody embarrassing as is Grown men bouncing around like little kids 

I agree with that stupid song, who on earth thought that was ever a good idea?

I like the bounce though, especially on a cold day, I often wish they would wait until the game is obviously won though. :facepalm:

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It bloody cringeworthy . Like a load of little kids. I’m all for having fun believe me but I thought S82 were supposed to be hard core ultras 😂😂😂 . It’s embarrassing . I agreed when the whole West Ham end started singing 

what the ******* hell is that . 
It should have died when Johnson snr got sacked . 

:laugh: you are a bit of a misery by the sound of it, try joining in next time and enjoying yourself, going to the football is all about having fun and being silly sometimes, if you just want to sit down and clap politely maybe you would be better off with a season ticket at the country ground

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Bounce around has been going for nearly 20 years so a whole generation of young uns knows it, and it has history of sorts. 
 At least it generates atmosphere- West Ham and Plymouth good recent home examples . 

Dont  mind it myself , better than some generic dirge that all other teams sing like Allez allez allez . 

• Like 1
Just now, The chief said:

Bounce around has been going for nearly 20 years so a whole generation of young uns knows it, and it has history of sorts. 
 At least it generates atmosphere- West Ham and Plymouth good recent home examples . 

Dont  mind it myself , better than some generic dirge that all other teams sing like Allez allez allez . 

I hate “bounce around”.

Don’t understand hating the one chant that generates any kind of decent atmosphere that we have? 

Complain about the stadium layout and how section 82s in the corner, then complain about all the chants we have being “cringeworthy”? 

Maybe instead of getting annoyed over a few 11yr olds jumping up and down maybe try to help facilitate a decent atmosphere. 

Edited by George Rs