IGNORED

Watford at home match thread

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Am I the only one thinking this is a bit embarrassing?

It would be bad enough, but we’ve literally just beat a 6th placed team that won a European trophy last year.

some big results in our history, but if we’re celebrating an anniversary of that what does it say about the rest of our history?

Yep. A pitch parade for winning a F.A cup tie. It’s small club mentality . Sort of thing we’d rip the piss out of the 15er’s for doing . Isn’t there someone on here from S82 ? It’s tinpot lads. Oh & stop that ******* bouncing nonsense as well . Pathetic 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 10
  • Facepalm 1
3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yep. A pitch parade for winning a F.A cup tie. It’s small club mentality . Sort of thing we’d rip the piss out of the 15er’s for doing . Isn’t there someone on here from S82 ? It’s tinpot lads. Oh & stop that ******* bouncing nonsense as well . Pathetic 

Whats wrong with the bouncing?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Colombo Robin said:

Whats wrong with the bouncing?

It bloody cringeworthy . Like a load of little kids. I’m all for having fun believe me but I thought S82 were supposed to be hard core ultras 😂😂😂 . It’s embarrassing . I agreed when the whole West Ham end started singing 

what the ******* hell is that . 
It should have died when Johnson snr got sacked . 

• Like 7
  • Facepalm 1
5 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Was a much bigger result when we beat Leeds in '74, 50th anniversary of that one this month. It was Leeds first defeat of the season and was on all the front pages

...and on all the main radio news channels on the way home...at the time Leeds were invincible...so they thought!! One of my best memories from over the years...n should be celebrated equally with that Liverppol result. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It bloody cringeworthy . Like a load of little kids. I’m all for having fun believe me but I thought S82 were supposed to be hard core ultras 😂😂😂 . It’s embarrassing . I agreed when the whole West Ham end started singing 

Well the West Ham fans can't talk, those pathetic bubble machines look like something from a kids party and the song that goes with it is possibly the most cringe worthy after that Irene dirge. 

I wouldn't worry about what opposition fans think, they are hardly going to stand and applaud us are they?

• Like 1
  • Robin 1
5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well the West Ham fans can't talk, those pathetic bubble machines look like something from a kids party and the song that goes with it is possibly the most cringe worthy after that Irene dirge. 

I wouldn't worry about what opposition fans think, they are hardly going to stand and applaud us are they?

Bubbles is an absolutely iconic football song that sounds fantastic when it’s belted out by thousands. 

On 19/01/2024 at 09:50, Jerseybean said:

Took the photo on Boxing Day, think it’s a Robin destroying a Hornet 🙂

So, unusually a suggestion from me, why not go and get yourself a drink of your choice to savour while giving yourself time to enjoy the three clips below, which certainly warrant a viewing.

Clip 1. Not Watford related but any excuse for a bit of nostalgia. Almost to the day back in 1977 this happened: https://youtu.be/7CckpWQkO6I

Last season it finished goalless, https://youtu.be/A8DTSQlBcH0

Clip 2. On Boxing Day we won 4-1 at Vicarage Road, highlights: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/highlights/extended-highlights-watford-1-4-bristol-city/

LM pre-match…. https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/interviews/mannings-watford-press-conference/

Guessing we will get our first look at Scott Twine in a City shirt.

They signed striker Rhys Healey following the expiry of his contract with French club Toulouse, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65960542 They also signed Reading forward Tom Ince, for an undisclosed fee on a two-year contract, in June.

They re-signed Brazilian midfielder Matheus Martins on a season-long loan deal. The 19-year-old made six Championship appearances for the Hornets in 2022-23 after arriving from Italian club Udinese in the January transfer window.

They added former England midfielder Jake Livermore. The 33-year-old, who was a free agent after leaving West Bromwich Albion, had been training with the Hornets and signed a one-year contract.

Also signed Danish forward Mileta Rajovic from Swedish club Kalmar for an undisclosed fee. The 24-year-old agreed a five-year contract at Vicarage Road and the Hornets say he will offer a "towering, physical presence" to their front line.

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of our 1994 victory over Liverpool at Anfield, members of the side that night will be celebrated ahead of the game. The club and Former Players’ Association will welcome the following names pitchside ahead of kick-off:

Wayne Allison
Rob Edwards
Russell Osman (Manager)
Glenn Pennyfather
Leroy Rosenior (Player/Coach)
Martin Scott
Mark Shail
Brian Tinnion
Keith Welch

Fans are asked to get to their seats early to celebrate the 30th anniversary of a memorable night for Bristol City.

Clip 3. Relive it here: https://youtu.be/WHDM5J4ABaI

Head-to-head record

Won: 38

Lost: 31

Drawn: 31

Officials

Referee: Andrew Kitchen

Assistants: James Wilson and Nigel Lugg

Fourth official: David Rock

In December sporting director Cristiano Giaretta left the club and was replaced by Gianluca Nani.

Last Sunday they beat QPR away 2-1 with two shots on target. They are fifth in the form table with three wins, two draws and one defeat from their last six league games.

IMG_4413.jpeg

Condensed Version

Watford:

go and get yourself a drink

City win 1-nil

COYR

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Not the way it was sung the other week it wasn't. Anyway @steviestevieneville was talking about "hard core ultras", my point was that "bubbles" doesn't come into that category either. 

I don’t get the whataboutary. West Ham were right. Big difference from a song synonymous with a club to a few sporadic people jumping up & down like they’re on some 80’s kids show 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
20 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I don’t get the whataboutary. West Ham were right. Big difference from a song synonymous with a club to a few sporadic people jumping up & down like they’re on some 80’s kids show 

How long do you have to do something before it becomes synonymous with your fanbase? 

I wonder if there were fans in the '60's moaning that Drink up thee cider, "has nothing to do with football and is making us look like embarrassing stereotypes"?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

West Ham have a bubble machine.

Not exactly one to talk! I don’t mind the bouncing personally, it helps the atmosphere.

10 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Agree about the small club mentality point, but nothing at all wrong with bouncing.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Agree about the small club mentality point, but nothing at all wrong with bouncing.

Problem is we haven't had success so we hold out for things that are "tinpot".

As for the bouncing, the things you lot moan about is mental. Dont care what's sang as long as it improves atmosphere.

⭕ 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
8 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Was a much bigger result when we beat Leeds in '74, 50th anniversary of that one this month. It was Leeds first defeat of the season and was on all the front pages

Totally agree but then Tubman didn’t score, and today is about restoring his image. PR machine in full, now this is cringeworthy.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I do agree with the point on the bouncing chant. It was a chant derived  from and for GJ. Should’ve stopped when he left really. 

As for Section 82 though I do agree celebrating a third round cup win is a bit odd, but fair play to them for continuing to create an atmosphere at the ground; no one else does! 

• Like 1