IGNORED

Next seasons kits

1 hour ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Has anyone heard anything?  I would like us to keep the pinstripes on our home shirt, as different to all of the other red shirts out there. Hopefully the splat Robin experiment is over!

I hope we don’t keep the pinstripes . We only wore it once in the late eighties. Now Jonny crayon has done his “retro” pinstripes twice . It’s a lack of imagination . 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, James54De said:

I presume we are still under contract with O’neills? Central badge, please. 

I guess I am speaking for most people that dislike the central because we feel the badge should aways be placed above your heart

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James54De said:

I presume we are still under contract with O’neills? Central badge, please. 

That was a quick win on the new kit bingo moan list:

I want a collar it looks well smart innit

No Collar please looks old fashioned 

Chest Badge, more traditional

Central Badge, more modern

Sponsor logo is the wrong colour

Badge is not embroidered 

Badge is a splat 

Colour red is wrong shade

Looks like xxxx kit

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If anyone can get us to replicate the iconic 1976 Umbro home & away kits as worn by Norman Hunter, Gerry Gow & Tom Ritchie I’d be all for that.

Class kit worn by all time greats.

Think it would sell massively too.

and itch!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If anyone can get us to replicate the iconic 1976 Umbro home & away kits as worn by Norman Hunter, Gerry Gow & Tom Ritchie I’d be all for that.

I like the one with the black shorts, don’t know when that was.

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think it would sell massively too.

and itch!

I had the away kit. Absolutely loved it. It was a bit itchy but I didn’t care.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Hopefully we’ve seen enough of the appalling O’Neil quality to bin them off and get a proper manufacturer. The range this season and the bizarre blue-everything training gear that doesn’t tie into any of the kits - or traditional club colours - is just a shambles.

And surely it’s time to end the retro obsession? Just come up with something simple and classy.

26 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hopefully we’ve seen enough of the appalling O’Neil quality to bin them off and get a proper manufacturer. The range this season and the bizarre blue-everything training gear that doesn’t tie into any of the kits - or traditional club colours - is just a shambles.

And surely it’s time to end the retro obsession? Just come up with something simple and classy.

Simple and classy sounds like the wife 

• Haha 1

Almost definitely going to be some form of throwback, so would have one of these.

The 91 shirt is a proper hidden classic and I think the 15/16 one is really sharp and a future classic.

I also think the champagne and teal kit could end up being done again. Yes, it's bloody hideous but the now iconic purple and lime kit was considered awful for some time as well! 2000s nostalgia is very much gaining traction too.

Screenshot_20230928-193509_eBay.jpg

20230224_083825.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I hope we don’t keep the pinstripes . We only wore it once in the late eighties. Now Jonny crayon has done his “retro” pinstripes twice . It’s a lack of imagination . 

Dont mind the stripes, one of my favourite Hirerite strips, and reminds me of Carl Shutt.

I love the pin stripe kits! Can't have it every season though.

I'd like something really simple. Plain red with white collar & thin trim (maybe)

I've always hoped we might have a Granddad style collar (like Newcastle kit of the Ginola era) 

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's been said time and again that splat Robin is a one off.

Should be the normal badge on all 3 kits next season.

They'll have been designed in the autumn so it's just a case of wait and see in the summer.

When will Jon Lansdown reveal the number of Robins that were crushed beneath the wheels of an articulated lorry, in order to produce said art? We need to know, as do the RSPB.

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's been said time and again that splat Robin is a one off.

Should be the normal badge on all 3 kits next season.

They'll have been designed in the autumn so it's just a case of wait and see in the summer.

I would imagine , as everything `i've read and heard says it is an 18 month turn around from design to production, that the shirt is well on the way to being sorted. 

5 hours ago, David Brent said:

It’s going to be retro again

Can't have retro every year surely , at some stage they should try something new. Just nick one of the new Italian kits, the  Kappa ones are lush.

• Admin
8 hours ago, transfer reader said:

I'm sure this thread get started earlier and earlier every season

The way it's going the 25/26 kit thread will be started at the end of this year.

Just need all the kids to start sharing kits they've designed 

8 hours ago, Slacker said:

I guess I am speaking for most people that dislike the central because we feel the badge should aways be placed above your heart

Which is in the centre of your chest, slightly to the left. Nearer to center than where badges are. 

Please don't ever try reviving someone where you think the badge and heart correlate

I do like you, however, prefer badges on the left of the chest 👍

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Which is in the centre of your chest, slightly to the left. Nearer to center than where badges are. 

Please don't ever try reviving someone where you think the badge and heart correlate

I do like you, however, prefer badges on the left of the chest 👍

Thanks for the info Spud.I will try out your theory with the defibrillator on the Co op wall.Just need a willing volunteer/victim now!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Thanks for the info Spud.I will try out your theory with the defibrillator on the Co op wall.Just need a willing volunteer/victim now!

If you can get the code...

Took me 15 mins to get the code from the authorities for a defib in Sodbury, when an old en had a heart attack in the street. They said I could be anyone trying to steal it 🙈🤣

If it wasn't for a copper coming into work to the station next to the defib then I'd have never been given the code to release it 🙈🥴

What a joke.  😉