IGNORED

That Liverpool Tribute Then…

Silvio Dante

On a personal basis, I steadfastly refused to clap Russell Osman. Disliked him then and time is no barrier.

Mark Shail appears to have aged better than anyone else.

Interesting that they came out in positional order after the coaching team other than one man.

But I’m sure there were more players mooted - Scott and Edwards I’m sure were on the guest list originally?

And, where the hell were Junior Bent and Liam Robinson??

#JusticeforLiam

• Haha 1

Its a shame with all these presentations that whoever is being presented to the crowd forgets Block A - C of the Dolman (or whatever numbers they are now) and the Atyeo end of the Lansdown - are these fans not worth parading in front of as much as those in the South Stand and today the South Stand end of the Lansdown.

Come on Bristol City - give enough time to parade the "guests" in front of all City fans - not just a few!

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

On a personal basis, I steadfastly refused to clap Russell Osman. Disliked him then and time is no barrier.

Interesting that they came out in positional order after the coaching team other than one man.

But I’m sure there were more players mooted - Scott and Edwards I’m sure were on the guest list originally?

#JusticeforLiam

I’m the same with Osman. I can remember Phil Tottle (I think) saying he was privileged enough to be in the dressing room at Anfield when Osman gave a Churchillian type speech before they went out and beat Liverpool. He was praising it more than Tinnions goal.

I started to feel guilty about not liking him until I remembered those endlesss, posing punts upfield to nobody time after time followed by him moaning and blaming someone else for it leading to nothing.

I expected more of that team to turn up too, was Any Llewelyn there? He does come to games sometimes.

51 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

#JusticeforLiam

Why wasn't Bruce Grobbelaar there? 

• Haha 1

Nice to see Wayne Allison who should always be welcomed back but seeing as it was what? 7 players in total with no Martin Scott, Junior Bent, Liam Robinson, Stuart Munro, Rob Edwards or the incredibly scary Dave Martin it just seemed utterly pointless.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I’m the same with Osman. I can remember Phil Tottle (I think) saying he was privileged enough to be in the dressing room at Anfield when Osman gave a Churchillian type speech before they went out and beat Liverpool. He was praising it more than Tinnions goal.

I started to feel guilty about not liking him until I remembered those endlesss, posing punts upfield to nobody time after time followed by him moaning and blaming someone else for it leading to nothing.

I expected more of that team to turn up too, was Any Llewelyn there? He does come to games sometimes.

Time has lessened my dislike of Osman. Looking back, he never had a pot to piss in and did as well as he could with a bang average squad. Pitching up at the gAss doesn’t help but he gave me one of my greatest memories as a city fan. Can’t knock that. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

#JusticeforLiam

100% with you on Osman. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I'll never forgive him for taking a temp job at the Gash and saving them from relegation !

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Its a shame with all these presentations that whoever is being presented to the crowd forgets Block A - C of the Dolman (or whatever numbers they are now) and the Atyeo end of the Lansdown - are these fans not worth parading in front of as much as those in the South Stand and today the South Stand end of the Lansdown.

Come on Bristol City - give enough time to parade the "guests" in front of all City fans - not just a few!

There's a time limit that non playing staff can be on the pitch for, which is probably why they ensure the South Stand end of the ground is covered as that's the half that houses most fans. 

37 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

It would be a delicious irony if Andy Llewellyns invite had gotten lost in the post...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

There's a time limit that non playing staff can be on the pitch for, which is probably why they ensure the South Stand end of the ground is covered as that's the half that houses most fans. 

It would be a delicious irony if Andy Llewellyns invite had gotten lost in the post...

It takes little or no time for those who walked to the centre of the pitch to wave or clap to all sides of the ground - show some respect to all fans - there is plenty of time if it is planned correctly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

I found it all a bit odd TBH. Yes, it was a great result, one of our best away. But it was a win in the third round of the FA Cup, it’s not like we won it!

I can sort of understand celebrating teams who won promotion or a trophy, but a third round cup tie? 

What made it even more tinpot was the then Chairman, Russe, claiming the win to be “the greatest result in the history of Bristol City”.

******* idiot

• Like 7

Sort of thing if rovers were doing it we would take the piss.   Watford beat them at anfield a couple of seasons ago in the prem!!

great result at the time but to hold a 30 year anniversary on the pitch sums up why we’ve never got to the prem.  Happy to accept stuff like that as success.  

Anyway I look forward to the West Ham celebrations in 10 years

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

Just now, ZiderMeUp said:

Sort of thing if rovers were doing it we would take the piss.   Watford beat them at anfield a couple of seasons ago in the prem!!

great result at the time but to hold a 30 year anniversary on the pitch sums up why we’ve never got to the prem.  Happy to accept stuff like that as success.  

Anyway I look forward to the West Ham celebrations in 10 years

Ran out of 😁

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Sadly, it's just yet another example that highlights how little this club has achieved in the past 30 years, and in fact, in its entire history. 

And how out of touch or aware of how the club should present itself those who thought this up are.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Tinpot and amateur. I doubt it would have happened if the goal scorer wasn’t our ‘CEO’. I hadn’t realised Tinnion’s son played in that game either.

It felt as thought it was all about restoring a relation between fans and the goalscorer after recent events and I don’t think it worked. A few near me jeered under breath.  Football is a team game, why not all come on together as one? You would have thought we had won the cup. 

• Like 2